Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:
2 hours ago, werstayinup said:
Just seen that after 10 games and 7 points out of 30 i think... they said they have to stay up and thats why they have done it

Hasn't Askey got 5 points from 30? And is still in a job?

Yes he has,lets see how tonight goes,surely a defeat and 5 points out of 33 you cannot keep a manager in a job

Advert

11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Why should they? Because they have a different opinion than you! You may be wrong one day.

I'm wrong a lot. We all have opinions here and none of us get it spot on all the time. But I stand by my own opinion. The likes of Aspin and Bruno were backed by the same people when everyone else could see things were really going <ovf censored> up. There's some posters on here that would see the club out of the football league before they owned up to wanting rid of the manager.

As a manager of Port Vale, Askey is done. We can still be grateful for what he did for us in desperate times last season.

6 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Agreed

If we manage to win tonight , I still think he’s out of his depth . His recruiting is poor and lazy and I don’t trust him to recruit right in January either .

If we lose tonight my gut feeling is it will be so hard for carol to justify him staying but if we win i think he will be given january

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

I'm wrong a lot. We all have opinions here and none of us get it spot on all the time. But I stand by my own opinion. The likes of Aspin and Bruno were backed by the same people when everyone else could see things were really going <ovf censored> up. There's some posters on here that would see the club out of the football league before they owned up to wanting rid of the manager.

As a manager of Port Vale, Askey is done. We can still be grateful for what he did for us in desperate times last season.

Bruno’s an interesting one, is that not an argument about being trigger happy in releasing Page?

7 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I agree with that, a draw may save him for another a week too, which would almost be the worst outcome at this point.

I just cant bring myself to want Vale to lose though,i want us to come storming out of the traps and be really up for it,so we will see

It’s too late already. Sack Askey now, interview some guy to take over. There’s no time for a manager expecting to be sitting scratching his balls over new year to draw up and secure a list of players who can make us better while flogging the deadwood. Should have been done November.

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

I agree with you that Askey is a dead man standing but to insult those that don’t and accuse them of being happy clappers is bang out of order, not everyone is in the same opinion.

i was right about brown and aspin. this is no different. it just took you lot about 6 weeks more time to realise we have a non league manager taking us backwards. i dread to think when he does eventually go who we will recruit next. yet another cheap option.  depressing being a vale fan right now. club is an utter embarrassment on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i was right about brown and aspin. this is no different. it just took you lot about 6 weeks more time to realise we have a non league manager taking us backwards. i dread to think when he does eventually go who we will recruit next. yet another cheap option.  depressing being a vale fan right now. club is an utter embarrassment on the pitch.

And your last sentence is ultimately what football is about, ON the pitch. 

Glowing plaudits are great and the off field stuff fantastic without a doubt.

But the reality is I pay my money to watch my team and we have regressed badly. 

Talk about playing budgets is fairly irrelevant at this level. How many times have teams with so called big budgets failed to succeed? Look where Salford,Mansfield & Scunthorpe finished last season. If it was about budgets Bolton would be top with Salford and Mansfield 3rd, yet look where they are.

At this level its all about scouting, bringing the right players into fit your different tactics. Players who have fight, determination to succeed and some with leadership to create a winning culture in the dressing room.

This is where we have failed miserably. Maybe its the set-up of the club or the manager, I don't know but the buck has to stop with JA.

3 hours ago, 1 said:

It’s too late already. Sack Askey now, interview some guy to take over. There’s no time for a manager expecting to be sitting scratching his balls over new year to draw up and secure a list of players who can make us better while flogging the deadwood. Should have been done November.

A good out of work manager will already have his list of players,why wouldn't they...do you think they sit there doing nothing

Archived