Manager Poll

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

45 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

If we lose tonight my gut feeling is it will be so hard for carol to justify him staying but if we win i think he will be given january

I agree with that, a draw may save him for another a week too, which would almost be the worst outcome at this point.

Advert:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly disgusted with this topic. We have very short memories. We have a squad that is capable of competing. We are mid-table. Those who think they know more than a manager who has won titles at

JA came to PVFC and saved us from possible relegation in 2018/19 season, we were dire and had been for a few seasons. Turned Vale around and  almost certainly would have got Vale in the play-offs in t

Askey has won one title, in the level below. 'Titles at every level' is blatantly incorrect. He's also won a Cheshire Senior Cup, and came 2nd in an FA Trophy. No idea where you've got that fact from.

7 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I agree with that, a draw may save him for another a week too, which would almost be the worst outcome at this point.

I just cant bring myself to want Vale to lose though,i want us to come storming out of the traps and be really up for it,so we will see

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I just cant bring myself to want Vale to lose though,i want us to come storming out of the traps and be really up for it,so we will see

oh yeah sorry, I don't want us to lose. I'll just kid myself that there's a silver lining if we do 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s too late already. Sack Askey now, interview some guy to take over. There’s no time for a manager expecting to be sitting scratching his balls over new year to draw up and secure a list of players who can make us better while flogging the deadwood. Should have been done November.

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

I'm wrong a lot. We all have opinions here and none of us get it spot on all the time. But I stand by my own opinion. The likes of Aspin and Bruno were backed by the same people when everyone else could see things were really going <ovf censored> up. There's some posters on here that would see the club out of the football league before they owned up to wanting rid of the manager.

As a manager of Port Vale, Askey is done. We can still be grateful for what he did for us in desperate times last season.

I agree with you that Askey is a dead man standing but to insult those that don’t and accuse them of being happy clappers is bang out of order, not everyone is in the same opinion.

Advert:

i was right about brown and aspin. this is no different. it just took you lot about 6 weeks more time to realise we have a non league manager taking us backwards. i dread to think when he does eventually go who we will recruit next. yet another cheap option.  depressing being a vale fan right now. club is an utter embarrassment on the pitch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i was right about brown and aspin. this is no different. it just took you lot about 6 weeks more time to realise we have a non league manager taking us backwards. i dread to think when he does eventually go who we will recruit next. yet another cheap option.  depressing being a vale fan right now. club is an utter embarrassment on the pitch.

And your last sentence is ultimately what football is about, ON the pitch. 

Glowing plaudits are great and the off field stuff fantastic without a doubt.

But the reality is I pay my money to watch my team and we have regressed badly. 

• Like 1

Talk about playing budgets is fairly irrelevant at this level. How many times have teams with so called big budgets failed to succeed? Look where Salford,Mansfield & Scunthorpe finished last season. If it was about budgets Bolton would be top with Salford and Mansfield 3rd, yet look where they are.

At this level its all about scouting, bringing the right players into fit your different tactics. Players who have fight, determination to succeed and some with leadership to create a winning culture in the dressing room.

This is where we have failed miserably. Maybe its the set-up of the club or the manager, I don't know but the buck has to stop with JA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1 said:

It’s too late already. Sack Askey now, interview some guy to take over. There’s no time for a manager expecting to be sitting scratching his balls over new year to draw up and secure a list of players who can make us better while flogging the deadwood. Should have been done November.

A good out of work manager will already have his list of players,why wouldn't they...do you think they sit there doing nothing

Advert:

Advert:

Rider 

I appreciate your optimism. The guy is obviously a multi millionaire living in Sandbanks. He's been a regular on TV and radio prior to Sheff Wednesday.

We are little old Port Vale, you don't go from Middlesbrough, Sheff Wednesday to Port Vale. Simple. 

In the 90's maybe , not now. 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Rider 

I appreciate your optimism. The guy is obviously a multi millionaire living in Sandbanks. He's been a regular on TV and radio prior to Sheff Wednesday.

We are little old Port Vale, you don't go from Middlesbrough, Sheff Wednesday to Port Vale. Simple. 

In the 90's maybe , not now. 

Well if the monies not an issue and he loves the game and a challenge then why not pop the question what’s to lose !!!! 

The more I read on Mr Adams he is definitely the man. His record at Plymouth was outstanding.

Morecambe 5th, unbelievable achievement, also into the FA Cup 3rd round against Chelsea .

Well done to the posters who pinpointed him. Definitely the guy. 

• Like 3