Jump to content

Manager Poll


Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

  1. 1. Askey in/out

    • In
      53
    • Out
      99


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, 1 said:

What can you do when more than 3 out of 10 voters want him to carry on. Lol

And it's these happy clappers that only hold the club back, and are part of the reason why Port Vale will never really amount to anything.

They should be disgusted with themselves. Instead they seem to think that continuously backing the manager despite relagation form somehow makes them holier than thou. <ovf censored>.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly disgusted with this topic. We have very short memories. We have a squad that is capable of competing. We are mid-table. Those who think they know more than a manager who has won titles at

JA came to PVFC and saved us from possible relegation in 2018/19 season, we were dire and had been for a few seasons. Turned Vale around and  almost certainly would have got Vale in the play-offs in t

Askey has won one title, in the level below. 'Titles at every level' is blatantly incorrect. He's also won a Cheshire Senior Cup, and came 2nd in an FA Trophy. No idea where you've got that fact from.

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

And it's these happy clappers that only hold the club back, and are part of the reason why Port Vale will never really amount to anything.

They should be disgusted with themselves. Instead they seem to think that continuously backing the manager despite relagation form somehow makes them holier than thou. <ovf censored>.

Why should they? Because they have a different opinion than you! You may be wrong one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t speak for the other 34% but whether you agree or not voting to keep Askey doesn’t involve failure to see there’s problems which I assume the happy clapping trope refers to, nor does it indicate lack of ambition. Frequent changes of management seldom result in success and successful managers have nearly always had backing during a difficult time. Manager and players had some bad luck and indifferent form in November and (barring Bolton) very poor form when depleted by injuries to key players. Calling for the manager’s head is a valid stance but an ambitious successful club will stick with a manager through a difficult period and that’s what I’m advocating. I’m not clapping or unmoved by some terrible performances in the last two months and I don’t lack ambition. I just think you only build by seeing out a period like this. 2/3 of commentators on here disagree but calling me “disgusting” cheapens the word.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


5 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I can’t speak for the other 34% but whether you agree or not voting to keep Askey doesn’t involve failure to see there’s problems which I assume the happy clapping trope refers to, nor does it indicate lack of ambition. Frequent changes of management seldom result in success and successful managers have nearly always had backing during a difficult time. Manager and players had some bad luck and indifferent form in November and (barring Bolton) very poor form when depleted by injuries to key players. Calling for the manager’s head is a valid stance but an ambitious successful club will stick with a manager through a difficult period and that’s what I’m advocating. I’m not clapping or unmoved by some terrible performances in the last two months and I don’t lack ambition. I just think you only build by seeing out a period like this. 2/3 of commentators on here disagree but calling me “disgusting” cheapens the word.

Keeping askey is the complete opposite of being ambitious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Mustard said:


You wouldn’t have come out with that statement ten games ago.

We hadn’t won 1 in 11 at that time. No idea what your point is. A manager taking us backwards at an alarming rate is ambitious? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


7 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:


You wouldn’t have come out with that statement ten games ago.

Of course no one would as we hadn't won 1 in 10 league games and weren't being dragged into a relegation battle,so your point is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valeparklife said:
2 hours ago, werstayinup said:
Just seen that after 10 games and 7 points out of 30 i think... they said they have to stay up and thats why they have done it

Hasn't Askey got 5 points from 30? And is still in a job?

Yes he has,lets see how tonight goes,surely a defeat and 5 points out of 33 you cannot keep a manager in a job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Why should they? Because they have a different opinion than you! You may be wrong one day.

I'm wrong a lot. We all have opinions here and none of us get it spot on all the time. But I stand by my own opinion. The likes of Aspin and Bruno were backed by the same people when everyone else could see things were really going <ovf censored> up. There's some posters on here that would see the club out of the football league before they owned up to wanting rid of the manager.

As a manager of Port Vale, Askey is done. We can still be grateful for what he did for us in desperate times last season.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


I can't help but think that JA passed a point of no return on Boxing Day.

Agreed

If we manage to win tonight , I still think he’s out of his depth . His recruiting is poor and lazy and I don’t trust him to recruit right in January either .
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vale victory said:


Agreed

If we manage to win tonight , I still think he’s out of his depth . His recruiting is poor and lazy and I don’t trust him to recruit right in January either .

If we lose tonight my gut feeling is it will be so hard for carol to justify him staying but if we win i think he will be given january

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TylerB said:

I'm wrong a lot. We all have opinions here and none of us get it spot on all the time. But I stand by my own opinion. The likes of Aspin and Bruno were backed by the same people when everyone else could see things were really going <ovf censored> up. There's some posters on here that would see the club out of the football league before they owned up to wanting rid of the manager.

As a manager of Port Vale, Askey is done. We can still be grateful for what he did for us in desperate times last season.

Bruno’s an interesting one, is that not an argument about being trigger happy in releasing Page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...