Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

10 minutes ago, Seth Bottomley said:

I agree re Tom it was not a dig at him but in dark times previously you could always rely on him to put a shift in, today body language didn't look right at all which possibly suggests there might have/is problems behind the scenes or in the dressing room 🤷‍♂️

I dont think any of them look happy

Advert

24 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am sure when he came here that Garlick said they were good friends

Well it’s Carols investment so she sacks JA and if Garlick isn’t happy about this then he has to decide if he’s going as well. A simple business decision. When backs are against the wall in my experience the only time that people haven’t looked after themselves was when I was in the forces.

Garlick is of the previous owners regime. I understand the reason to keep him but I’ll never forget how he messed the MCFC ticket allocation when he could have maximised revenue by offering vouchers at previous home games, Schoolboy era. He wasn’t standing up to the previous owner when attending supporters club meetings. He played his cards in a calculated manner, making the new owners who knew nothing about running a football club feel that they needed him.

27 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well it’s Carols investment so she sacks JA and if Garlick isn’t happy about this then he has to decide if he’s going as well. A simple business decision. When backs are against the wall in my experience the only time that people haven’t looked after themselves was when I was in the forces.

Garlick is of the previous owners regime. I understand the reason to keep him but I’ll never forget how he messed the MCFC ticket allocation when he could have maximised revenue by offering vouchers at previous home games, Schoolboy era. He wasn’t standing up to the previous owner when attending supporters club meetings. He played his cards in a calculated manner, making the new owners who knew nothing about running a football club feel that they needed him.

Colin Garlick is a man of integrity and if you think he didn’t stand up to our previous owner you know nowt. 

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Colin Garlick is a man of integrity and if you think he didn’t stand up to our previous owner you know nowt. 

It’s absolutely crazy to think that there’s also a witch-hunt for Colin Garlick too. Most people probably don’t know what he does at at the club, he isn’t just any managers yes man. 

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s absolutely crazy to think that there’s also a witch-hunt for Colin Garlick too. Most people probably don’t know what he does at at the club, he isn’t just any managers yes man. 

The point that I was making is that if CG is the reason that JA remains in post then something is drastically wrong at the club. You can’t have the tail wagging the dog.

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

The point that I was making is that if CG is the reason that JA remains in post then something is drastically wrong at the club. You can’t have the tail wagging the dog.

I have no idea where you got the idea that  Garlick would keep him in a job.

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

Have you not read previous posts on this topic. 

Of course I have and it all stems from someone saying they are certain Garlick will give Askey time and another transfer window. Why are they so certain about it? Why do you think that’s the case? I think it’s more a case of people just looking around for something / someone to blame further than Askey. Mob mentality if you like.

But Garlick is (believe it or not) quite ruthless when it comes to what’s best for the club in all the stuff that he deals with. 

Of course I have and it all stems from someone saying they are certain Garlick will give Askey time and another transfer window. Why are they so certain about it? Why do you think that’s the case? I think it’s more a case of people just looking around for something / someone to blame further than Askey. Mob mentality if you like.
But Garlick is (believe it or not) quite ruthless when it comes to what’s best for the club in all the stuff that he deals with. 
Didn't garlick want to keep brown for longer?

26 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I simply said they worked together for a long time with lots of success at Macc. I also said clearly I had no idea what’s actually happening but in my opinion I can’t imagine he will be quick to suggest Carol get rid of Askey.

Im not sure what you mean by Mob mentality... This is a forum to discuss all things vale and posturing around things like this is perfectly normal place.

You seem to know better and now claim he is mr Ruthless. I can’t see it myself.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

You obviously in the know Jacko .

We all know that. So did he have big arguments with the blue one ?

Did this get alluded to in the emails you received from Norman ? 

Archived