Manager Poll

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

19 minutes ago, MBE said:

We would need to buy out his contract and pay off JA... can't see it happening.

Correct and you might be right but for me instead of your failed Holloways etc then these are the managers we should target IF we want to do anything.

My major concern is that one of the really bad failed managers would sell himself well and we would appoint them,there are some real shockers out there.

As someone else said on another thread the football guy at the club Garlick is massive friends with Askey so is this why he is still in the job,if so then thats a shocker as that shouldn't influence anything

Advert:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly disgusted with this topic. We have very short memories. We have a squad that is capable of competing. We are mid-table. Those who think they know more than a manager who has won titles at

JA came to PVFC and saved us from possible relegation in 2018/19 season, we were dire and had been for a few seasons. Turned Vale around and  almost certainly would have got Vale in the play-offs in t

Askey has won one title, in the level below. 'Titles at every level' is blatantly incorrect. He's also won a Cheshire Senior Cup, and came 2nd in an FA Trophy. No idea where you've got that fact from.

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Poll needs restarting. Would be close to 100% now. Can’t believe he’s not gone yet

As someone else put on another thread maybe its Garlick keeping him in the job as they are good friends

• Like 1

Advert:

37 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

As someone else said on another thread the football guy at the club Garlick is massive friends with Askey so is this why he is still in the job,if so then thats a shocker as that shouldn't influence anything

That was my comment... I’m not saying they are friends... I’m saying they have worked together a lot and Garlick is a huge fan of Askey.

If Carol is asking the man she trusts to run the football side of the vale whether she should sack Askey then the answer he will give will be no. 

• Like 1

I've been reading some posts on social media re the Sinclair situation/involvement and one poster seemed to allude on the match thread(on here) yesterday that Askey had signed two players he didn't really want. I can probably guess who. 

Why has Askey allowed this to happen/continue? Did he want Sinclair involved? Why did he agree to signing the players? Whether he takes his assistants advice or not surely he sinks or swims based on the decisions? If its having a negative impact, nip it in the bud. All stinks of poor management to me suggesting we perhaps need to clear the decks from the manager/coaching point of view. 

Edited by Shropshire_Valiant

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

That was my comment... I’m not saying they are friends... I’m saying they have worked together a lot and Garlick is a huge fan of Askey.

If Carol is asking the man she trusts to run the football side of the vale whether she should sack Askey then the answer he will give will be no. 

I am sure when he came here that Garlick said they were good friends

5 hours ago, pete vale said:

Agree, I tend to look at Tom as a talisman, he looked awful, lacked mobility, movement and I'd hate to say desire because anyone can have an off-day.

He was not the worst and I for one would not leave him out, certainly for none of the current crop.

It was attrocious, how did we win at Bolton? Barrow were poor and again looked like a decent side as many have looked at Vale in recent years tbh.

There are many issues at Vale, it's obvious. One thing I would be doing if I were owner is gather all the playing squad, JA, coaches and staff and tell them quite clearly just what it should mean to represent Port Vale FC and it's magnificent fan base, particularly in the current climate. They are so lucky to be picking up a wage and be run by such professional caring people.

It's time to kick a few arses. Many of those players don't deserve to play for Port Vale imo

I agree re Tom it was not a dig at him but in dark times previously you could always rely on him to put a shift in, today body language didn't look right at all which possibly suggests there might have/is problems behind the scenes or in the dressing room 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Seth Bottomley said:

I agree re Tom it was not a dig at him but in dark times previously you could always rely on him to put a shift in, today body language didn't look right at all which possibly suggests there might have/is problems behind the scenes or in the dressing room 🤷‍♂️

Pity he's not on twitter after a few sherbets then we might find out 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Seth Bottomley said:

I dont think any of them look happy

24 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am sure when he came here that Garlick said they were good friends

Well it’s Carols investment so she sacks JA and if Garlick isn’t happy about this then he has to decide if he’s going as well. A simple business decision. When backs are against the wall in my experience the only time that people haven’t looked after themselves was when I was in the forces.

Garlick is of the previous owners regime. I understand the reason to keep him but I’ll never forget how he messed the MCFC ticket allocation when he could have maximised revenue by offering vouchers at previous home games, Schoolboy era. He wasn’t standing up to the previous owner when attending supporters club meetings. He played his cards in a calculated manner, making the new owners who knew nothing about running a football club feel that they needed him.

Edited by Playa Amodores
Add more text

27 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well it’s Carols investment so she sacks JA and if Garlick isn’t happy about this then he has to decide if he’s going as well. A simple business decision. When backs are against the wall in my experience the only time that people haven’t looked after themselves was when I was in the forces.

Garlick is of the previous owners regime. I understand the reason to keep him but I’ll never forget how he messed the MCFC ticket allocation when he could have maximised revenue by offering vouchers at previous home games, Schoolboy era. He wasn’t standing up to the previous owner when attending supporters club meetings. He played his cards in a calculated manner, making the new owners who knew nothing about running a football club feel that they needed him.

Colin Garlick is a man of integrity and if you think he didn’t stand up to our previous owner you know nowt. 

• Like 4

Advert:

45 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I dont think any of them look happy

Good. I don't want players who are happy to lose. Whoever the manager is.

Edited by Ron C
Typo - "manger"
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Colin Garlick is a man of integrity and if you think he didn’t stand up to our previous owner you know nowt. 

It’s absolutely crazy to think that there’s also a witch-hunt for Colin Garlick too. Most people probably don’t know what he does at at the club, he isn’t just any managers yes man. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s absolutely crazy to think that there’s also a witch-hunt for Colin Garlick too. Most people probably don’t know what he does at at the club, he isn’t just any managers yes man. 

The point that I was making is that if CG is the reason that JA remains in post then something is drastically wrong at the club. You can’t have the tail wagging the dog.