• Out

Advert:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly disgusted with this topic. We have very short memories. We have a squad that is capable of competing. We are mid-table. Those who think they know more than a manager who has won titles at

JA came to PVFC and saved us from possible relegation in 2018/19 season, we were dire and had been for a few seasons. Turned Vale around and  almost certainly would have got Vale in the play-offs in t

Askey has won one title, in the level below. 'Titles at every level' is blatantly incorrect. He's also won a Cheshire Senior Cup, and came 2nd in an FA Trophy. No idea where you've got that fact from.

11 hours ago, Ron C said:

Are you taking the mick?

I think everyone with any knowledge of our club understands the budget under Smurfwaite was larger. You can find it without too much trouble, if you want to dig around reports and accounts.  Ask any shareholder.

I agree the budget was bigger...unfortunately so was the debt. 

12 hours ago, Ron C said:

Are you taking the mick?

I think everyone with any knowledge of our club understands the budget under Smurfwaite was larger. You can find it without too much trouble, if you want to dig around reports and accounts.  Ask any shareholder.

Absolute drivel. 

Smurthwaite never released P&L accounts so this information isn't available on companies house. Legal, but obviously to hide something.

Advert:

5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Correct,still only 45 did a good job at Plymouth(first season got them to the league 2 play off final,second season finished second in league 2 to win promotion,3rd season just missed out on a play off place in league one) and started at Ross County and managed them in the scottish premier plus he is actually still in a job and doing well,would jump at the chance to come here imo BUT again only my choice IF we need a manager

Flying high with Morecambe no question. 46% and 44% win ratio with Ross County and Plymouth Argyle respectfully. Impressive stuff. Good call werstayinup, if you don't mind me saying so. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Flying high with Morecambe no question. 46% and 44% win ratio with Ross County and Plymouth Argyle respectfully. Impressive stuff. Good call werstayinup, if you don't mind me saying so. 

If the manager position became available then for me lets go for a manager in a job and one who i guess would require little compensation and not a massive wage,Adams record is more than decent and as i have said you would think he would jump at the chance to come to Vale,still some out there want a failed manager like Holloway because he is a name.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Ps the new manager can get each player in the office and ask a simple question do you want to play for PORT VALE if the answers no then ship em out into the non-league where most of them belong !!!! 

Agree. I posted some drivel (page 2 Port Vale v Barrow thread) on Sunday, along very similar lines. I think most Vale supporters appreciate the players we have are not, nor ever will be of Premier League standard, that's fine, we get that, but there's no excuse for lack of endeavour and passion.

Advert:

1 hour ago, rider1308 said:

Ps the new manager can get each player in the office and ask a simple question do you want to play for PORT VALE if the answers no then ship em out into the non-league where most of them belong !!!! 

What would you do with the contracts of the players who say NO and they make it clear they would rather just sit out there contracts ?

47 minutes ago, Mario said:

What would you do with the contracts of the players who say NO and they make it clear they would rather just sit out there contracts ?

I know that this wasn't asked of me, but it's a very good point. Each players situation is nuanced. Length of contract, reason for displeasure, likelihood of a suitable transfer etc etc. But I think personally if a player approached me with that attitude I'd take a leaf out of Craggy Islands Father Jack and  tell them to "feck off"

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

I know that this wasn't asked of me, but it's a very good point. Each players situation is nuanced. Length of contract, reason for displeasure, likelihood of a suitable transfer etc etc. But I think personally if a player approached me with that attitude I'd take a leaf out of Craggy Islands Father Jack and  tell them to "feck off"

I agree 100% the problem is a contract is a contract and the PFA would obviously get involved, in my world I would take Father Jacks solution.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2020 at 18:37, TJHValiant said:

61.5% out based on the current poll in this thread. 

Really? You know how to work out a percentage? What proportion of the number of posters are in favour of him going, then? You do know it's the number of posters, not the number of posts they churn out?

On 23/12/2020 at 18:38, TJHValiant said:

Opinion based on experience. When have you known a manager at Vale go on such a losing run in the 4th division and fans happily cheer him on? 

Or opinion based on opinion? We've had people wanting Bruno / Page and Michael Brown out because of the quality of football played under them - often turgid, boring and losing...but not everybody wanted that, and certainly not a mythical 61.5%! Not everybody wanted Rudgie out, when we lost something like 12 out of 14, and finished the season with 25 losses? And those that did probably regretted it, at some later date?

• Like 1

Advert:

To put things into perspective, we have around 4000 hardcore fans, who attended matches regularly whenever possible and around 60 have voted the manager out. That is 0.015% of the fanbase.

Edited by Rampant Zebra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

To put things into perspective, we have around 4000 hardcore fans, who attended matches regularly whenever possible and around 60 have voted the manager out. That is 0.015% of the fanbase.

You cannot seriously be this mathematically illiterate. A 21% majority of actual voters have voted him out. Unless every single fan voted your equivalency is idiotic. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

On the other hand only 43 want him to stay out of 4000 then 

• Haha 1