Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

8 hours ago, Seth Bottomley said:

Today was the straw that broke the camels back for me. The body language of the players didn't look right and even Popey looked disinterested from kick off which is worrying 

Agree, I tend to look at Tom as a talisman, he looked awful, lacked mobility, movement and I'd hate to say desire because anyone can have an off-day.

He was not the worst and I for one would not leave him out, certainly for none of the current crop.

It was attrocious, how did we win at Bolton? Barrow were poor and again looked like a decent side as many have looked at Vale in recent years tbh.

There are many issues at Vale, it's obvious. One thing I would be doing if I were owner is gather all the playing squad, JA, coaches and staff and tell them quite clearly just what it should mean to represent Port Vale FC and it's magnificent fan base, particularly in the current climate. They are so lucky to be picking up a wage and be run by such professional caring people.

It's time to kick a few arses. Many of those players don't deserve to play for Port Vale imo

Advert

8 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Agree, I tend to look at Tom as a talisman, he looked awful, lacked mobility, movement and I'd hate to say desire because anyone can have an off-day.

He was not the worst and I for one would not leave him out, certainly for none of the current crop.

It was attrocious, how did we win at Bolton? Barrow were poor and again looked like a decent side as many have looked at Vale in recent years tbh.

There are many issues at Vale, it's obvious. One thing I would be doing if I were owner is gather all the playing squad, JA, coaches and staff and tell them quite clearly just what it should mean to represent Port Vale FC and it's magnificent fan base, particularly in the current climate. They are so lucky to be picking up a wage and be run by such professional caring people.

It's time to kick a few arses. Many of those players don't deserve to play for Port Vale imo

Bolton put in the most chaotic defensive performance I've seen in a while. We still shipped three in that game. 

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Derek Adams took over Morecambe when they were bottom of league 2,he has around 17mths of his contract left and has apparently the lowest budget in the league,so in just under 12mths he has them joint 4th.

We would need to buy out his contract and pay off JA... can't see it happening.

The argument about the budget being cut is irrelevant as every other club beating us will have been affected by COVID too. I don’t know Askey and he seems a genuine guy, but I never felt he would take us anywhere and seemed like a cheap, easy option at the time. I feel so sorry for the owners and their teams who have worked tirelessly to boost the clubs image off the pitch and amongst the community, but they really do need to focus on events on the field as a priority and I’m sure they will know this. With restrictions and the pandemic here for a while yet, this will be the biggest summer in the clubs history in terms of survival and a relegation would almost destroy our existence. Some big and tough decisions need making very soon. This clubs future is more important than one mans job.

19 minutes ago, MBE said:

We would need to buy out his contract and pay off JA... can't see it happening.

Correct and you might be right but for me instead of your failed Holloways etc then these are the managers we should target IF we want to do anything.

My major concern is that one of the really bad failed managers would sell himself well and we would appoint them,there are some real shockers out there.

As someone else said on another thread the football guy at the club Garlick is massive friends with Askey so is this why he is still in the job,if so then thats a shocker as that shouldn't influence anything

37 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

As someone else said on another thread the football guy at the club Garlick is massive friends with Askey so is this why he is still in the job,if so then thats a shocker as that shouldn't influence anything

That was my comment... I’m not saying they are friends... I’m saying they have worked together a lot and Garlick is a huge fan of Askey.

If Carol is asking the man she trusts to run the football side of the vale whether she should sack Askey then the answer he will give will be no. 

I've been reading some posts on social media re the Sinclair situation/involvement and one poster seemed to allude on the match thread(on here) yesterday that Askey had signed two players he didn't really want. I can probably guess who. 

Why has Askey allowed this to happen/continue? Did he want Sinclair involved? Why did he agree to signing the players? Whether he takes his assistants advice or not surely he sinks or swims based on the decisions? If its having a negative impact, nip it in the bud. All stinks of poor management to me suggesting we perhaps need to clear the decks from the manager/coaching point of view. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

That was my comment... I’m not saying they are friends... I’m saying they have worked together a lot and Garlick is a huge fan of Askey.

If Carol is asking the man she trusts to run the football side of the vale whether she should sack Askey then the answer he will give will be no. 

I am sure when he came here that Garlick said they were good friends

5 hours ago, pete vale said:

I agree re Tom it was not a dig at him but in dark times previously you could always rely on him to put a shift in, today body language didn't look right at all which possibly suggests there might have/is problems behind the scenes or in the dressing room 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Seth Bottomley said:

I agree re Tom it was not a dig at him but in dark times previously you could always rely on him to put a shift in, today body language didn't look right at all which possibly suggests there might have/is problems behind the scenes or in the dressing room 🤷‍♂️

Pity he's not on twitter after a few sherbets then we might find out 😂😂😂

Archived