Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

Advert

Just now, Coyney Valiant said:

Like I said most clubs have cut there budgets with COVID-19 especially in league 2 

Yup, ours is still about mid-table. It was higher before. Mid-table is about where we are and where we will be.

There is this great belief that our budget is massive because we are one of the bigger clubs in the division, but it isn't.  Even considering other clubs reducing their budget, C&K did it last season - before lockdown.

Sorry, VPL, sometimes there's just no point talking to some people. Nobody with any knowledge of out predicament consider our budget to have been anything other than depleted. It's one of the first things C&K did when they took over.  Aspin's budget was significantly higher. Since COVID, it is still so.
I could dig out the details but I really am not going to do that for you. I can just ignore everything you say as being pedantic and misaligned.
Irrespective of Askey and the job he's doing.
I do concede that not everyone knows the budget was cut. You clearly don't. I was assuming I was discussing this with people who had a decent level of knowledge of our club. You don't.
Ron C, you are easily the lowest IQ poster I've ever spoken to on here. Clearly a wind up merchant.

You've made yourself look like a complete fool by simply failing to provide proof of this "knowledge" of a budget you repeatedly state is easy to come across.

Now that you've embarrassed yourself and outed yourself as someone on a wind up, I shall place you on my ignore list with the other simple folk.

36 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Yup, ours is still about mid-table. It was higher before. Mid-table is about where we are and where we will be.

There is this great belief that our budget is massive because we are one of the bigger clubs in the division, but it isn't.  Even considering other clubs reducing their budget, C&K did it last season - before lockdown.

I can tell you now if Askey is given the whole season we will not be mid table, it will be bottom 6. 

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Ron C, you are easily the lowest IQ poster I've ever spoken to on here. Clearly a wind up merchant.

You've made yourself look like a complete fool by simply failing to provide proof of this "knowledge" of a budget you repeatedly state is easy to come across.

Now that you've embarrassed yourself and outed yourself as someone on a wind up, I shall place you on my ignore list with the other simple folk.

'Course, mate.

Bye.

1 hour ago, rider1308 said:

Big words princess !!!! But still hope we get battered if that what  it takes to make a managerial change. In the meantime fella you stick to accepting mediocrity. 

Far from it, I deliberately chose small words as I had to consider your limited vocabulary.

If you genuinely want your team, whoever it is you actully support, to get "battered", you're no football fan.

3 hours ago, i vale said:

What has gone on behind the scenes ?   We weren’t playing well early in the season but the loss of form is huge. 

Maybe Askey wasn’t provided with enough funds to bring in the quality we needed ?  

I think the one area I am disappointed is that I thought we would get more sponsorship deals with the toxic Smurfwaite gone, particularly from local businesses. I thought the whole community ethos would be good PR that would attract more investment. 

Much as I like a good rant about Askey, I did believe that the squad we had going into this season was looking good, especially when everyone signed. I thought with the unsettling nature of COVID, continuity would help us.

Yet so many players have looked utterly awful, from fitness to organisation and technical ability. That has to be Askey’s fault, McKirdy and Robinson have looked awful, but both were established league 2 players. 

The Aspin era was a load of non league never-heard ofs and punts. Askey can’t say it is due to poor players alone. 

23 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I think the one area I am disappointed is that I thought we would get more sponsorship deals with the toxic Smurfwaite gone, particularly from local businesses. I thought the whole community ethos would be good PR that would attract more investment. 

Can I check... are you saying you are disappointed in the commercial aspects this season?

9 hours ago, Ron C said:

Our last six games has delivered a current placing of 23rd in the bottom two of the league 2 table. If this form and slide continues we are heading to non league. Our next two games are at Bradford then Mansfield. Even the most positive Port Vale supporter would be sceptical on our chances let alone mid table by the seasons end. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/dec/26/football-tactics-pandemic-bayern-munich-liverpool

facinating article.

In summary, Covid has messed with the normal football schedule meaning players are less fit that usual.

Less fit players are not as good at pressing.

The top teams have adapted and adjusted how they play.

Those that haven’t, or have a manager who can’t adapt, probably look very rubbish right now.

One thing we were great at last year when we were flying was pressing ... unfortunately Askey only knows one thing and can’t adapt.

10 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I thought the whole community ethos would be good PR that would attract more investment. 

That will come....business can't engage commercial activities with a football club when they are on their arse our to COVID. Its going to take a bit of time to recover.

Longer term investment will come.

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Far from it, I deliberately chose small words as I had to consider your limited vocabulary.

If you genuinely want your team, whoever it is you actully support, to get "battered", you're no football fan.

Ow princess implying that I have a limited vocabulary really hurts. So stop it 😂

Archived