Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Sorry and its only my opinion but no vale fan should want us to lose thats just silly,i want us to win every game,i dont want us to lose so askey loses his job,he should be gone before that and to blame injuries(i think that what he has done) is pathetic from him,every club has suffered from covid and injuries but have cracked on

Just listened to his post match interview.

He does agree that we are missing players, 3 weeks away. The current players haven't shaped up. Askeys words not mine

Advert

I know results have been a bit “up and down” shall we say of late, but I expected us to beat Barrow. Not a classic, maybe even just a scrappy 1-0, but we WOULD beat Barrow.

Then the team sheet. The much expected defensive change, but Crookes not Brisley in for Legge, ok. But Smith and incredibly Mills retained in their usual positions after their respective horror shows against Warsaw. And no Conlon. Ummm. But we would still have enough against a side with only 3 league wins and “boasting” Scott Quigley as their main striker, easily one of the worst players I’ve seen pull on a Vale shirt in my 35+ years of  following them.

What we produced was nothing short of an utter disgrace, a relegation performance whereby I cannot recall us having an actual attempt on target through the entire 90 mins (I’m discounting a couple of pea-rollers straight to their goalie which will, laughably, will no doubt count as shots on target).

We were utterly outplayed, out-thought and out-fought against, and I reiterate, the 4th worst team in the league with three wins to their name. I said it half time that the 2nd half couldn’t possibly be any worse than the 1st. I was wrong. It was completely disjointed in a way reminiscent of a lads and dads match. An absolute shambles. 

I cannot think of a single positive to come out of that match if I’m honest, even Hurst and Rodney sucked into the general malaise.

Askey talked about Amoo, yes looked typical Amoo today, at times a world beater but to often a frustration with crosses failing to beat to front man or choosing to go backwards. He was the best of a very bad bunch, still very weak in the centre of defence, poor down the sides, a non-functioning midfield (I forgot Burgess was even on the pitch), an aging hitman struggling to run his Xmas dinner off and our two wide forwards basically crowded out. 

That was a performance straight out of the post-Ribeiro period after we’d lost Alex Jones; zero threat, unable to keep a clean sheet, dropping like a stone and unable to see where the next points are coming from. A relegation performance.

Askey’s post-match interview was almost as depressing as the match. How does he possibly inspire them? Where is the team that equalised against a world-class Man City team in their own back yard??? 

Askey has clearly got to go, we’ve reached the point of no return as he’s clearly lost the players of today was anything to go by.

Get Phil Parkinson in for me. Somebody who does not take passengers, can be a horrible so and so much like his teams, but gets them organised. 

I said a couple of weeks back that we might as well write the season off and was derided for it, and I confess I was wrong, because we have a relegation battle on our hands.

8 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

The budgets for this season were set in April and may I thought COVID was around then wow you learn summat every day 

I think the owners took over and changed the budgets beforehand. Congratulations for being open to learning.  We all should be.

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Sorry and its only my opinion but no vale fan should want us to lose thats just silly,i want us to win every game,i dont want us to lose so askey loses his job,he should be gone before that and to blame injuries(i think that what he has done) is pathetic from him,every club has suffered from covid and injuries but have cracked on

Well having watched the Vale for nearly 50yrs think I can call myself a true fan fella !!!!!. So not so silly, (not even funny !!!!), but to get off the hamster wheel, Askey has to go. Yep get rid before the Bradford game and I’ll be rooting for a win, but if it takes a spanking or another defeat then sorry I know where I stand !!!! 

I don't understand your argument. Everybody knows the budget was cut. If you don't, then don't pass judgement, just accept that you don't know. If you wish to disprove it, there are ample methods to go and find you're wrong.
They do exist. Are you being silly on purpose? Do you not think that accounts have to be submitted? I honestly don't understand your stance.
"Everybody knows the budget was cut"

No they don't! Where is this mythical PROOF?

I can say "everybody knows we have a higher budget".

Means nothing unless you can PROVE it. Which you can't.

It's not up to me to disprove your silly statement. The onus is on you to prove it rather than talking garbage and pretending you're in the know.

Just now, valeparklife said:

It's not up to me to disprove your silly statement. The onus is on you to prove it rather than talking garbage and pretending you're in the know.

Sorry, VPL, sometimes there's just no point talking to some people. Nobody with any knowledge of out predicament consider our budget to have been anything other than depleted. It's one of the first things C&K did when they took over.  Aspin's budget was significantly higher. Since COVID, it is still so.

I could dig out the details but I really am not going to do that for you. I can just ignore everything you say as being pedantic and misaligned.

Irrespective of Askey and the job he's doing.

I do concede that not everyone knows the budget was cut. You clearly don't. I was assuming I was discussing this with people who had a decent level of knowledge of our club. You don't.

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Totally agree VPL 

2 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Sorry, VPL, sometimes there's just no point talking to some people. Nobody with any knowledge of out predicament consider our budget to have been anything other than depleted. It's one of the first things C&K did when they took over.  Aspin's budget was significantly higher. Since COVID, it is still so.

I could dig out the details but I really am not going to do that for you. I can just ignore everything you say as being pedantic and misaligned.

Irrespective of Askey and the job he's doing.

I do concede that not everyone knows the budget was cut. You clearly don't. I was assuming I was discussing this with people who had a decent level of knowledge of our club. You don't.

Dig out the details 

Archived