Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

29 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

I know that this wasn't asked of me, but it's a very good point. Each players situation is nuanced. Length of contract, reason for displeasure, likelihood of a suitable transfer etc etc. But I think personally if a player approached me with that attitude I'd take a leaf out of Craggy Islands Father Jack and  tell them to "feck off"

I agree 100% the problem is a contract is a contract and the PFA would obviously get involved, in my world I would take Father Jacks solution.

Advert

On 23/12/2020 at 18:37, TJHValiant said:

61.5% out based on the current poll in this thread. 

Really? You know how to work out a percentage? What proportion of the number of posters are in favour of him going, then? You do know it's the number of posters, not the number of posts they churn out?

On 23/12/2020 at 18:38, TJHValiant said:

Opinion based on experience. When have you known a manager at Vale go on such a losing run in the 4th division and fans happily cheer him on? 

Or opinion based on opinion? We've had people wanting Bruno / Page and Michael Brown out because of the quality of football played under them - often turgid, boring and losing...but not everybody wanted that, and certainly not a mythical 61.5%! Not everybody wanted Rudgie out, when we lost something like 12 out of 14, and finished the season with 25 losses? And those that did probably regretted it, at some later date?

58 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

To put things into perspective, we have around 4000 hardcore fans, who attended matches regularly whenever possible and around 60 have voted the manager out. That is 0.015% of the fanbase.

You cannot seriously be this mathematically illiterate. A 21% majority of actual voters have voted him out. Unless every single fan voted your equivalency is idiotic. 

We will never know nor is there any way to know how many people want him gone. But I think one thing we can agree on is that no one is happy with the results even without the high expectations we had pre season 1 win in 10 isn't good enough. I don't want him to go I believe he will take us up I just think he needs time. I think the owners knew it would take a few years to turn the club around and go from a team of drunken drug takers to promotion and that's why he got 3 years. I will also say that I'm sick of watching these shocking defensive displays week in and week out and it needs to be sorted out soon otherwise people won't buy season tickets next year and that will effect the club.

52 minutes ago, Doha said:

You cannot seriously be this mathematically illiterate. A 21% majority of actual voters have voted him out. Unless every single fan voted your equivalency is idiotic. 

I only got one A level in maths so maybe I am. It is usually the people who are dissatisfied about something who protest, the silent majority don't feel the need to reinforce their opinion. All I am saying is that a very small percentage of Vale fans have actually been motivated enough to vote for the manager to be sacked. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I only got one A level in maths so maybe I am. It is usually the people who are dissatisfied about something who protest, the silent majority don't feel the need to reinforce their opinion. All I am saying is that a very small percentage of Vale fans have actually been motivated enough to vote for the manager to be sacked. 

A statistically significant even smaller number have been motivated enough to vote to keep him. 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

To put things into perspective, we have around 4000 hardcore fans, who attended matches regularly whenever possible and around 60 have voted the manager out. That is 0.015% of the fanbase.

And 44 voted him to stay, that’s an even lower percentage 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

And an even smaller percentage feel motivated to vote for him to remain

All figures can be perceived in many ways depending upon ones point of view but the only votes that really count are those made in the boardroom and at present they appear to be cast in the current managers favour.
They have a much better handle on the why's and wherefore of his employment and the direction they want for the club, I for one are more than happy to leave decisions like this to them - I'm sure that they, just as we, want what's best for Port Vale FC.
Let's hope that whoever is in charge that results improve and we can hopefully stop this stupid bickering.
UTV.

On 23/12/2020 at 20:12, TJHValiant said:

Holloway is a vastly experienced manager who has had to deal with a dodgy ownership situation. He has managed in the Premier League and has got a solid track record. 

Out of interest, I asked a former colleague of mine, longstanding Blackpool supporter of 50 years, what he made of their two former managers Holloway and Grayson (who, I think, is also out of management). Interesting reply:

"Grayson is a builder - solid players and good habits. Gets the psychology of winning. Always thought he got the praise for what his side-kick Tony Parkes (ex Blackburn Rovers) did in bringing in good players to the club. But together they built the platform for Holloway to develop a fantastic style of play with more exciting players. So you need that base if you’re going to have Holloway. But he is the best we ever had and 90% of Blackpool fans would have him back any day. Maybe after our present set up has built a solid team again."

So looks like Holloway is good if he inherits a good squad of players...

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

And an even smaller percentage feel motivated to vote for him to remain

It is mainly the protesters who are motivated enough to protest in any situation. 40 people on here have been motivated enough to show that they disagree with the protesters. The rest just don't feel the need as they are happy with the status quo. 

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Out of interest, I asked a former colleague of mine, longstanding Blackpool supporter of 50 years, what he made of their two former managers Holloway and Grayson (who, I think, is also out of management). Interesting reply:

"Grayson is a builder - solid players and good habits. Gets the psychology of winning. Always thought he got the praise for what his side-kick Tony Parkes (ex Blackburn Rovers) did in bringing in good players to the club. But together they built the platform for Holloway to develop a fantastic style of play with more exciting players. So you need that base if you’re going to have Holloway. But he is the best we ever had and 90% of Blackpool fans would have him back any day. Maybe after our present set up has built a solid team again."

So looks like Holloway is good if he inherits a good squad of players...

How long ago was Holloway at Blackpool? and what has he done since that gives people an obsession in getting him here(i dont mean you by the way CD)

Archived