Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

46 minutes ago, Doha said:

It's not like that was a one off though was it? We say this every week, or criticise the timing and effect of his substitution choices.

I can't stop thinking that Legge losing the plot in injury time against Scunthorpe and allowing a forward who is seven inches shorter than him to effortlessly beat him to a header was the defining moment.

That was it. Dropping those two points cost us the play off finish.

Last season was the time to go up.

Now those players are older and are nowhere near the standard, the level, the confidence they were last season.

That Scunthorpe cross was the defining moment that cost us promotion last year and will waste this season. We likely will have to fundamentally rebuild in the summer meaning next season could well be too much of an ask as well.

No you are totally correct not a one off. I won't bore everyone by listing the games last season that we chucked away .

Sometimes we just don't seem ( horrible, cute, streetwise, ruthless) enough .

Brown is a master at time wasting I'll give you that but rarely see us doing the dark arts like throwing the ball away when it's a throw in or blocking a free kick etc. 

I am not advocating cheating at all but yes the odd yellow card might be brandished but it stops momentum. I'm the first one booing and cat calling the opposition when they do it , might just be me seeing it differently but our game management and tricks of the trade is abysmal apart from Brown 

Advert

The Walsall game was crying especially once we'd got to 3-2 for Manny to come on and add energy and power in the midfield, although Hurst should score at 3-2 a minute or so after Rodney and game over.

He has the squad but for some reason doesnt use it!

We've been defensively poor but he hasnt really changed it for weeks unless forced due to suspension or injury (and saying drop Legge for Brisley is great until you flash back to the Stevenage debacle!)

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

No you are totally correct not a one off. I won't bore everyone by listing the games last season that we chucked away .

Sometimes we just don't seem ( horrible, cute, streetwise, ruthless) enough .

Brown is a master at time wasting I'll give you that but rarely see us doing the dark arts like throwing the ball away when it's a throw in or blocking a free kick etc. 

I am not advocating cheating at all but yes the odd yellow card might be brandished but it stops momentum. I'm the first one booing and cat calling the opposition when they do it , might just be me seeing it differently but our game management and tricks of the trade is abysmal apart from Brown 

Stevenage are the kings of “dark arts” and it isn’t doing them much good these days! 

9 hours ago, dishydave said:

There's no denying a lot of his signings have been poor but as more info comes out that he couldn't afford the players he wanted the question is who is really to blame. Mr Bowers said the other day he missed out on a couple of wingers as he couldn't match wages then there's Maynard Matt and Vaughan as well.
Yes his substitutions are poor at best but if he'd of took an attacker off and put brisley on at half time or even at 2-2 he would of been slated for being to negative. I personally think the only reason he's still in a job is because there's no money to pay him off no money for a new manager and no money in the budget to attract a new manager. Hopefully once they pay fatty off this will change but I fear that will be another year at least

All this no money is a crock of poo honestly it is,the reason he is still here is because Carol has faith in him and thats fair enough its her club and she trusts him totally but to say we have no money for it is silly,we are restricted by budgets now 1.5m(lets not forget we didn't want a cap.....yea because we have no money right?).We offered maynard a fantastic offer but he played us to get something sensational off mansfield.

Carol is keeping faith in Askey and thats that simple as

8 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

i don’t know why you keep mentioning the budget. It’s not bad at all. Offered a very good wage for Maynard that he was happy to take until mansfield came back with a stupid amount 

Spot on,it does do my head in a bit all this we are skint lark..... we DID NOT WANT the salary cap... that speaks for itself

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Yes,amazes me people want him....just check his record over last few years and in particular Grimsby yet they want us to ditch Askey who's record with us is in fact good won-34 draw-24 lost-30...... 38.6%

Agreed. I'm still on the fence regarding JA, although I might fall off after the Barrow match. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't be overly enamored at all with Holloway, who  I believe, if offered the job at Vale Park, would be here faster than a ferret up a pair of warm corduroys 

29 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

All this no money is a crock of poo honestly it is,the reason he is still here is because Carol has faith in him and thats fair enough its her club and she trusts him totally but to say we have no money for it is silly,we are restricted by budgets now 1.5m(lets not forget we didn't want a cap.....yea because we have no money right?).We offered maynard a fantastic offer but he played us to get something sensational off mansfield.

Carol is keeping faith in Askey and thats that simple as

We offered Maynard a fantastic offer? Well Maynard didn’t agree. 

Carol can keep faith in Askey all she wants, but I reserve the right to say that’s the wrong call and Vale isn’t her club, it belongs to the fans. As Smurfwaite found out....no fans back you, no club. 

Most sane fans think Askey is a liability and want rid. 

On 22/12/2020 at 09:51, werstayinup said:

…,,if its true that she has recieved abusive emails and messages then that is bang out of order from people with a brain the size of a pea.

If that is true, I wish she would name and shame the chickenshit, brain dead morons who are responsible!

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We offered Maynard a fantastic offer? Well Maynard didn’t agree...

...Most sane fans think Askey is a liability and want rid. 

I thought Maynard HAD agreed until Mansfield came in with a sack of gold?

And you can't post this sort of rubbish "...Most fans..." on the basis of a couple of dozen people on here, who are disgruntled, now, but never had anything negative to say when we hovering around 3rd place...not without conducting a proper survey!

1 minute ago, LancyTony said:

I thought Maynard HAD agreed until Mansfield came in with a sack of gold?

And you can't post this sort of rubbish "...Most fans..." on the basis of a couple of dozen people on here, who are disgruntled, now, but never had anything negative to say when we hovering around 3rd place...not without conducting a proper survey!

It is “most fans” as far as this website goes. There is a clear majority who want him gone based on the poll on this page. Frankly if we were able to be in the ground there would be utter bedlam of booing and “Askey out” by now. 

Nobody would be content or willing to watch losing, turgid football riddled with mistakes week in week out. 

Archived