Advert

Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

So many people saying this season is written off,is it heck as like... 6 points off the play offs,even if we were 12 off i wouldn't say that either under Askey or any manager,i always say if you are around 6 points off around January then there is still so much to play for so to write it off now is silly,only my opinion though

Advert

4 hours ago, Wrex said:

Nah not for me. This isn't a promotion squad. Which reflects badly on Askey because he's been here nearly two years.

I agree,as it stands we don't have the squad to challenge but as I said with 2 or 3 additions to the 1st eleven we should be up there. I've said before this squad has a small window of opportunity for a tilt at promotion due to its age and its now. JA's mismanagement of subs and tactics during games has cost us so far otherwise we would be in the pay offs.

There are no really good teams in this league. They are all very very similar which is why I think an injection of a few new faces in the 1st team, a new voice and a plan b  will make all the difference.

I don't think writing another season off should be an option.

So many people saying this season is written,is it heck as like... 6 points off the play offs,even if we were 12 off i wouldn't say that either under Askey or any manager,i always say if you are around 6 points off around January then there is still so much to play for so to write it off now is silly,only my opinion though

Like someone put last night we need 50 points from 23 games for the play offs , whoever is manager is struggling to achieve that

I think if we are honest at the beginning of the season we were all very happy with squad and on paper it’s one of the strongest squads we have had in years , but football isn’t played on paper

The players are nowhere near the form they were in last season , mills , whitehead , Robinson , Fitzpatrick haven’t hit the heights we thought they would as new players

Askey as much as We all want him to be isn’t the man to take us forward and get us out of this league

51 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Like someone put last night we need 50 points from 23 games for the play offs , whoever is manager is struggling to achieve that

I think if we are honest at the beginning of the season we were all very happy with squad and on paper it’s one of the strongest squads we have had in years , but football isn’t played on paper

The players are nowhere near the form they were in last season , mills , whitehead , Robinson , Fitzpatrick haven’t hit the heights we thought they would as new players

Askey as much as We all want him to be isn’t the man to take us forward and get us out of this league

Not sure on the maths there, we’ve 24 points from 19 games so far. Realistically another 50 is needed for the Play-offs from 27 games.

That translates to, say, 17 wins 0 draws and 10 defeats or 12 wins 14 draws and 1 defeat. 

In other words, we are now already in a position whereby automatic promotion has pretty much gone and we need to win every other game to be on track to scrape into the Play-offs. 

We’re not far off needing snookers in my opinion, hence why I’ve written this year off.

And I have to admit, if someone had said we’d have to settle for 7th at the start of the season then I would have been a underwhelmed, as I had this as an automatic promotion year.

😡😡😡😡😡😡

If there are any issues in the dressing room freeze them out and get rid at the earliest opportunity. Something isn't right at the Vale.They're very lucky to be in employment nowadays and many fans have coughed up hundreds of pounds to pay their wages and help keep the club going.Time to step Port Vale players!!!Also ,this poll doesn't really portray a true picture, as under 80 votes for over 4000 Vale fans says it all.Yes Askey needs to sort this mess out.

I'm not sure this is the time for changing things? Last season we were so desperately unlucky not to get into the playoffs, but they're still not beyond us now - nowhere near a lost cause.

What has been a concern is the form of certain players: last year, the pairing of Smith and Legge was hailed as one of the best in our League; Brown was described as the best GK in our League; Worrall and Burgess were playing out of their skins. Whilst these last 2 appear to be finding a bit of that form, our central defensive 3 - GK / CH / CH are losing it. It might be an idea to give Visser a run, and swap the CHs around, and bring in one new one in January - even if it's only on loan? Then we can re-assess the situation at the end of the season, and if we bring a new manager in it gives him chance to recruit and have a close season together. I'm not sure - Parkinson and Adkins(?) apart, that there's sufficient superior quality out there and available?

If we do change the manager then how many new players do we need to challenge for the play offs? 4,5,6 that's not going to happen. We need at least 2 central defenders, a proper holding midfielder and a Tony Naylor type forward as a minimum

I'm certain that with the players we currently have a new manager would struggle to get a tune out of them. Tough call for Carol, maybe quite a bit costly to make

2 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

If there are any issues in the dressing room freeze them out and get rid at the earliest opportunity. Something isn't right at the Vale.They're very lucky to be in employment nowadays and many fans have coughed up hundreds of pounds to pay their wages and help keep the club going.Time to step Port Vale players!!!Also ,this poll doesn't really portray a true picture, as under 80 votes for over 4000 Vale fans says it all.Yes Askey needs to sort this mess out.

This is what annoys me, the club (Carol & Co ) have improved the place beyond recognition, the supporters have backed the team buying season tickets with no hope of going to Vale Park any time soon, I agree it's time for the players to step up, whatever is going on (If something is ) needs to be brought to a head, as you say they are lucky to be in employment.

The squad of players is fine, capable of getting into the play offs. 

The manager only has one system, 433, and that isn't sufficient to win enough games. 

The manager appears to be tactically inept, incapable of reacting effectively throughout the course of the game. Time and time and time again plan A works well, we're winning, the opposition manager makes tactical changes and substitutions and Askey doesn't respond. We concede a couple of goals and lose the game.

Fair enough, it happens in football sometimes, but under JA it's happening now most weeks and doesn't appear to be changing. 

I like JA, some of the football is decent, but our loss column and league position are unacceptable and that's why I voted "out". 

4 hours ago, vale victory said:

How this season is going with teams beating each other we still have a great chance,we could(and i say could) win our next 4 or 5 on the bounce(unlikely but look at walsall they did it,bolton did it etc) that would put us in the play offs imo and then it would be a matter of staying in there,i like every true vale fan wants vale to win every game whether people like Askey or not or want him out or not....lets all stick together and hope we get those wins

Onwards and Upwards

3 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

I think we will find out in January who are the problem players if there are any which on the outside it looks like there is

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Who are they rumoured to be?

No idea, but the next team selection could be a pointer and Askey did express his frustration at some of his team who had been great for him but were not performing now and making schoolboy errors.

Smith getting subbed at Walsall maybe a clue ?

Archived