Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

you really can forget cook or cowley for that matter,maybe if it came to it we could try tempt someone at another club

We really cant go down the Bruno,Brown,Aspin,Askey route again though.

I have been very positive on here BUT today has infuriated me,Carol expects top 7 but we are way off from that how it is going,do you go for change before January to give a manager the window,personally i think he is going to get another game,mainly due to as mellor said no pressure from fans at games but carol will know the feeling of the fans and after covid does she want risk losing a shed load ever coming back.

Have to say it after 1 win in 9 or 10 and with the hard work carol has put in it has to be an Askey OUT now sadly

What has gone wrong since the end of October. I always did feel that even early doors we were 'scraping' results, positivity led me to believe we were picking up points and not playing so well.

There appears to be major cracks in the defence, no settled midfield or forward line, rumours  of unrest and of trouble within with a few?

All in all, Carol has set the marker, Askey has to deliver as he HAS been backed.

I'm not confident he/ we can as recruitment has again been poor with the exception of 'Rodney' described as a diamond in the making.

It's not good enough, the fans know it, Askey knows it, carol and the board know it.

Question is, what will be done about it and when?

For me decisions should have been made weeks ago.

Advert

How JA is still in a job after the 6 defeats in a row is beyond me?

Add poor game management with subs, lack of plan b and awful recruitment there is only one decision for me.

Ball is firmly in Carol's court. Big moment for the new owners. Are they capable of making a big call when needed?

Lets wait and see...

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

How JA is still in a job after the 6 defeats in a row is beyond me?

With JA we will not get relegated nor challenge in the play-offs. Ball is firmly in Carol's court. Act now or limp along until the end of the season? Only one decision for me.

Big moment for the new owners. Are they capable of making a big call when needed?

Lets wait and see...

I think they can't afford not to tbh

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Or can they afford to get rid of him this season?

Only the board know that. Problem is the season ticket money is 'done'. They may be hoping for some 'walk-up gates end of March/ april combined with hospitality.

A big decision to be made sooner rather than later, perhaps JA will get the Xmas period. it's so disappointing which leads me to believe the capitulation particularly defensively suggests deeper rooted issues within.

If this is so, then the decision is easier to make.

Recruitment has been poor, this more than anything else is the deciding factor regarding JA imo

Oh dear!!Let Carol and the board decide.I'm fuming at today's result but certain players need to look in the mirror tonight.They owe Port Vale FC and all associated with them a massive return of results. Some are stealing a wage,especially in this difficult climate.Play up or go !!!

Askey in for me. Can't be changing the manager ever other year or thereabouts and expect success or even stability. All managers go through a less successful period,, Askey and Dave Kevan will turn it around. It's not as thought vale are losing by 3 or 4 or more every week and/or playing poorly.

A level head and hard work on the training field is required.

As much as I think Askey is a decent bloke, he just isn't up to managing in the Football League. His one dimensional tactics have been found out and now he's stumped. It is now turning into a Brown/Aspin situation where I genuinely can't see how he's going to get results and the fans are starting to turn. I'm grateful for him steadying the ship but I honestly think he's gone as far as he can take us and it's time to part ways. The feel good factor the owners have tried so hard to create recently will soon be overshadowed by poor performances. We need someone in the mould of Micky Adams with a bit of nouse / experience / an actual Plan B / winning ugly. 

I was an out guy, but I felt Askey has tried to solve our attacking issues and I felt the Stevenage game was the worst. 

After the last 3 games, less sure. Very disappointed with underperformance from the likes of Legge, Smith, Robinson and Worral but Rodney is a real find. 

Even so, I think Askey has chosen the best team we have available and using Rodney and Pope is the right call. So for me, I feel it comes down to who can be brought in to improve things in future. 

On one hand he had his chance in the summer, on the other we all felt after the excellent end to last season, we needed little change. How wrong that was! 

If JA accepts that and makes the right changes he should stay. If not, he should go. 

The likes of Phil Parkinson are not cheap and neither is paying up Askey’s recently signed deal. It may be better to wait it out and see if he can make the right choices in the next couple of transfer windows. We’re not going down, but unless Carol has loads of cash to burn, we could end up in a Norman Smurfwaite position of burning through money the club does not have on silly punts. 

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

you really can forget cook or cowley for that matter,maybe if it came to it we could try tempt someone at another club

We really cant go down the Bruno,Brown,Aspin,Askey route again though.

I have been very positive on here BUT today has infuriated me,Carol expects top 7 but we are way off from that how it is going,do you go for change before January to give a manager the window,personally i think he is going to get another game,mainly due to as mellor said no pressure from fans at games but carol will know the feeling of the fans and after covid does she want risk losing a shed load ever coming back.

Have to say it after 1 win in 9 or 10 and with the hard work carol has put in it has to be an Askey OUT now sadly

I agree, I think J.A will get another game, but it feels really tight now. Lose next week and Mr Askey could be wheeled out with the Barrow.

Archived