Jump to content

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah you being the captain of that club

Glad he's figured that out, in the 11th consecutive game of no clean sheets.

Posted Images

Just now, Jacko51 said:

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question.  If folk say the manager is doing the wrong thing they must have some idea of what the right thing would be??

It’s not about what fans would go today. We’re not in charge.

It’s more about Askey’s clueless signings and inability or reluctance to change. 
Get him gone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something has changed in the tactics. Earlier in the season we weren’t scoring and we were not conceding. Since Bolton we score for fun and concede like there’s no tomorrow.

youd think on paper we have switched to a 424 or something. Playing gung-ho attacking football, but we don’t seem to be. So what has changed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It's interesting reading to start of this thread where folk are picking their team - loads pick the same team as Askey.  At half time, lots of positive comments about the performance.  But it seems the manager was totally to blame for the back four collapsing in the second half.  Seems he lost the dressing room at half time!!

Helps when you make subs at the right time. 3-2 conceding for fun. Get a defender on or manny. It’s not even difficult it’s basic management that every other side does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


9 minutes ago, Alan Baker said:

It’s not about what fans would go today. We’re not in charge.

It’s more about Askey’s clueless signings and inability or reluctance to change. 
Get him gone.

Agree. I hate it when people post that. It’s not our job. The manager should be able to do better. He can’t. Get rid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alan Baker said:

It’s not about what fans would go today. We’re not in charge.

It’s more about Askey’s clueless signings and inability or reluctance to change. 
Get him gone.

Yep. I actually don’t think he could much more. He hasn’t got anyone better than Legge or Smith. God knows what has happened to Clark, it leaves Mills as the only RB. He hasn’t got a better LB than Fitzpatrick. But he is responsible for  that mess, not us! Same in midfield. He needs to shore up today but has no one who can do that. It’s his squad. Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn't come as surprise to me that we chucked a lead away twice we are too soft Legges struggling in fact him and Smith have been poor all season Askey should have got younger legs in there from day one, sorry Carol but the balls in your court it's a tough business make a statement or get the axe out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Santa said:

Radio coverage was shocking. There are enough idiots on Radio Stoke Sport as it is without them needing to take Boris Johnson's press conference as well.

If I'd wanted to listen to that I could have turned over and watched/listened to it on any number of channels.

"Where did that blond lad come from?" I wondered to myself as we conceded the first goal. Had it not been for a friend in a Whatsapp chat mentioning that Walsall had made a quadruple substitution then I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on.

Exactly why I turned over to the Walsall commentary. The least biased home commentary I think I've heard. And spot on about most of the Vale performance, particularly Mills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


1 minute ago, grand prix pants said:

Yep. I actually don’t think he could much more. He hasn’t got anyone better than Legge or Smith. God knows what has happened to Clark, it leaves Mills as the only RB. He hasn’t got a better LB than Fitzpatrick. But he is responsible for  that mess, not us! Same in midfield. He needs to shore up today but has no one who can do that. It’s his squad. Simple.

Spot on..

He spent money on strengthening the second 11 and nothing else.

To save the season we need mire players, again, starting with a center back as priority. 

Would you give more money to Askey. NO

New manager would also want money to spend but hopefully tactics from the bench may win us some games with the same squad. At least 4 poss 5 first team players needed before we will challenge for the playoffs but new manager needed first.

Askey out. The sooner the better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a bit of heresay, but at the risk of stating the obvious it seems not all is well behind the scenes at Vale. I have been told by someone that Frank Sinclair is having a bit too much influence around the place and is responsible some of our, how shall I put it, less successful signings i.e. one particular forward that Askey basically doesn’t want and never wanted. Any truth I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Might be a bit of heresay, but at the risk of stating the obvious it seems not all is well behind the scenes at Vale. I have been told by someone that Frank Sinclair is having a bit too much influence around the place and is responsible some of our, how shall I put it, less successful signings i.e. one particular forward that Askey basically doesn’t want and never wanted. Any truth I wonder?

Quite possible. I've heard stuff about a few players (the new ones), differences in opinion over training regimes, possible other 'influences'.

Rightly or wrongly tbh something has gone badly wrong, defence was our strongpoint, Leon our leader.

 

It will come out in the wash, unless this slide is addressed for whatever reason, pressure mounts not just on JA but the board as here are and wil be serious financial implications for the end of this season and start of next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


2 hours ago, Santa said:

Radio coverage was shocking. There are enough idiots on Radio Stoke Sport as it is without them needing to take Boris Johnson's press conference as well.

If I'd wanted to listen to that I could have turned over and watched/listened to it on any number of channels.

"Where did that blond lad come from?" I wondered to myself as we conceded the first goal. Had it not been for a friend in a Whatsapp chat mentioning that Walsall had made a quadruple substitution then I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on.

there was no shouting and shrieking from the vale bench! to be fair to radio joke, they ere obliged to put the boris on by the goverment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question.  If folk say the manager is doing the wrong thing they must have some idea of what the right thing would be??

For a start I would not have signed Lloyd last season, Robinson this season. I would have scouted far better, I wouldn’t have signed another midfielder in Whitehead  to sit on the bench. I would have made tactical substitutions when needed. I would have has some idea which forward o play once the season started. I would not left our best defender in Clark on the bench but if he had done something serious wrong he would have been shipped off straight away but I’m not paid to make all those decisions, Askey is and IMO he is making too many wrong decisions and although I like him and up until this season he has done a good job the bad decisions he has made should cost him his job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...