onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Maintain the last four games level of performance after half time v Orient and there is a chance we will win again ,playing some excellent football the Vale are ,it certainly ain't boring .

Team well it's the 11 who are fit and ready to go ,the way we playing going forwards don't think we should change too much ,now defensively that's a different story but have we the players to replace those who are at present not as good as they need be .

I'd say No only Brisley and maybe Clark but generally when he plays we lose so I think he will stick with the same back four .

V Southend Crookes was the big deal by the management since then he has hardly played. 

Hopefully Montano Worrall and Oyeleke are fit enough be in the squad ,would I drop Burgess and Hurst though no I wouldn't both players deserved a goal v Forest Green (burgess 2)let's hope they both net v Walsall and I'd go as far as say v Colvhester Hurst should have scored so really he should already have 2 in 2 professional games ,(third time lucky hey ).

UTV

I learnt from a very early age supporting Vale that Walsall was one of the teams we always struggled to beat, a real bogey side. Over the years they've beaten us twice as many times as we've beaten them and I think it was only when Mickey Adams came that we started to get the better of them.

The game that always sticks in my craw was the Boxing Day game in 1972 when we went one up through Bobby Mountford and they then had a man sent off. Odds on then to beat them except they scored twice on the break through John Woodward to finish as winners. Woodward was so impressive that Gordon Lee bought him later in the season though it wasn't enough to take us up.

This December hoping for a better result!

3 hours ago, Santa said:

Walsall still play 4-4-2 which is pretty old school. Their front two seem decent as well.

Perhaps their manager is a bit of a dinosaur. He didn't impress me when he played for Vale.

I looked this up as I couldn't remember him playing for the Vale.

In his only appearance for Vale he came on as an 89th minute substitute in a 3-2 victory against Walsall.

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

I quite like Walsall. Adebayo is a good forward. Holden is a good player, as is McDonald. Their attack is pretty good.

Defensively pretty sub-standard. Should be a reasonable game. A decent bet for 'Both Teams To Score' (you can combine that with a Vale win for 6/1 on SkyBet currently).

Have you seen walsalls home record from there 9 home games they have scored 8 and conceded 7. So looks like a low scoring game to me probably 1 nil to them or a 1 1 draw as we never keep clean sheets.

15 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Have you seen walsalls home record from there 9 home games they have scored 8 and conceded 7. So looks like a low scoring game to me probably 1 nil to them or a 1 1 draw as we never keep clean sheets.

I would normally have agreed Andy, but I have just finished an intensive  two weeks course at the School of P.O.W.  (philosophy of werstayinup). It could be tight though. Vale to edge it 4-1. 

7 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

I would normally have agreed Andy, but I have just finished an intensive  two weeks course at the School of P.O.W.  (philosophy of werstayinup). It could be tight though. Vale to edge it 4-1. 

You are close my friend but lets remain positive and go 3-1 for Vale

I do actually like Clarke their manager though,did well with Bristol Rovers i thought

6 hours ago, Joe B said:

I quite like Walsall. Adebayo is a good forward. Holden is a good player, as is McDonald. Their attack is pretty good.

Defensively pretty sub-standard. Should be a reasonable game. A decent bet for 'Both Teams To Score' (you can combine that with a Vale win for 6/1 on SkyBet currently).

I remember Adebayo playing at vale with swindon i think it was,at the time i thought what a clumsy donkey as he was all over the place and kept tripping up but he had one chance and scored.

Have to say he has done well at walsall and only 22 but check out his full name 😮

It would be worth signing him just for the potential sproson commentary.

I remember Adebayo playing at vale with swindon i think it was,at the time i thought what a clumsy donkey as he was all over the place and kept tripping up but he had one chance and scored.
Have to say he has done well at walsall and only 22 but check out his full name

Can see nothing but a 5:0 win on saturday!! The boys have been immense last couple of games if we find our finishing touch walsall could be in for a long afternoon and hopefully this is a turning point in our season and where we start climbing the table. Im going rodney hatrick and amoo 2 

SVA

Much better ! Tongue in cheek obviously , but you would have been closer with the Bolton result if you had gone down this route!

Won’t be long before we give someone a spanking again if we take our chances

Never fancy us at Walsall, I’d take a point however with us drawing the last two matches we really could do with winning. 
I’d probably only make one change and bring Clarke in for mills / Fitzpatrick. Legge does need a rest but last time brisley played he looked way off the pace. Hurst has done well and I don’t want us to rush players back again. Played well against forest green just need to put the ball in the net. I’ll go for 1-1 

Archived