Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Usually a difficult visit, although a short trip for the players. Saddlers on an unbeaten run of 2D3W, which takes them up to 6 wins, 9 draws, and with only 3 defeats (non-better in L2) so a side on the up. We seem to have steadied the ship, midfield is active instead of hoof ball, however defence tightening, and the need to put more  of our chances away for a run of wins to rise up the places is still evident . So how about a hatful with confidence rising within the team? 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah you being the captain of that club

Glad he's figured that out, in the 11th consecutive game of no clean sheets.

Posted Images

Advert:

Clark over Fitz, for me. He lost his man a number of times yesterday. Very decent on the ball and technically sound, but I'm just not enamoured with him defensively. Clark gives us a bit of drive moving forward and cut in from the left with great success in his last spell.

I also think Amoo has to play if fit. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Can see nothing but a 5:0 win on saturday!! The boys have been immense last couple of games if we find our finishing touch walsall could be in for a long afternoon and hopefully this is a turning point in our season and where we start climbing the table. Im going rodney hatrick and amoo 2 

SVA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I quite like Walsall. Adebayo is a good forward. Holden is a good player, as is McDonald. Their attack is pretty good.

Defensively pretty sub-standard. Should be a reasonable game. A decent bet for 'Both Teams To Score' (you can combine that with a Vale win for 6/1 on SkyBet currently).

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

Walsall still play 4-4-2 which is pretty old school. Their front two seem decent as well.

Perhaps their manager is a bit of a dinosaur. He didn't impress me when he played for Vale.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 1

Cue howls of 'why don't we play 442' if we lose

Walsall still play 4-4-2 which is pretty old school. Their front two seem decent as well.
Perhaps their manager is a bit of a dinosaur. He didn't impress me when he played for Vale.

Maintain the last four games level of performance after half time v Orient and there is a chance we will win again ,playing some excellent football the Vale are ,it certainly ain't boring .

Team well it's the 11 who are fit and ready to go ,the way we playing going forwards don't think we should change too much ,now defensively that's a different story but have we the players to replace those who are at present not as good as they need be .

I'd say No only Brisley and maybe Clark but generally when he plays we lose so I think he will stick with the same back four .

V Southend Crookes was the big deal by the management since then he has hardly played. 

Hopefully Montano Worrall and Oyeleke are fit enough be in the squad ,would I drop Burgess and Hurst though no I wouldn't both players deserved a goal v Forest Green (burgess 2)let's hope they both net v Walsall and I'd go as far as say v Colvhester Hurst should have scored so really he should already have 2 in 2 professional games ,(third time lucky hey ).

UTV

Edited by Breadwinner
Spelling mistakes