onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

On 19/12/2020 at 22:05, Biddulph_PV said:

Team for the visit of Barrow in Fungus....

Visser

Smith-Brisley-Crookes-Fitz

Manny-Whitehead-Conlon

Amoo-Rodney-Hurst

I’ve gone nuclear because something has got to change defensively. Get Brown, Mills, Legge and Joyce out who were, to varying degrees, poor today. Let’s see what Visser’s made off, he’s no spring chicken so shouldn’t exactly phased by playing in front of one man and his dog. 

Smith out of the middle to right back, although to be honest the cleaning lady could have done a better job than Mills today. 

Hopefully Manny’s fit, and I’d stick Whitehead in because if he offers nothing then let him go in January.

Get them in Xmas Day to practice if needs be.

If we’re chasing the game on 60 minutes the drop a midfielder and get Pope on. 

Desperate for 3 points to stave off relegation fears.

whitehead? really.:sos:

Advert

22 hours ago, Joe B said:

If you were around for that I presume you were around for the 1990s.

I've seen more administrations than promotions 😅

My favourite player is John McCombe. 

Absolutely miserable existence. 

Unfortunately you missed out on the good times under Rudgie Joe.  Unforgettable derby games and meetings against the likes of Arsenal and Everton home and away,plus three visits to Wembley.

Let's hope the best is yet to come?

7 hours ago, dishydave said:

They aren't leaks they're just made up make believes to justify poor performances. Carol has got rid of all the old guard and put people she trusts in those positions even down to the cleaners. The players are isolated from all other staff bar the people who serve them lunch. So you tell me who is in the know with all that's going on within the club. As for mckirdy the troublemaker disrupting the dressing room the lad sits on his own at lunch whilst all the other players sit together. I've seen it with my own eyes Looks more like the geeky kid at school rather than a bolshy bully causing trouble.

Do you hang around the ground all day, looking through the windows with your binoculars, after you've finished the school run?

12 hours ago, dishydave said:

They aren't leaks they're just made up make believes to justify poor performances. Carol has got rid of all the old guard and put people she trusts in those positions even down to the cleaners. The players are isolated from all other staff bar the people who serve them lunch. So you tell me who is in the know with all that's going on within the club. As for mckirdy the troublemaker disrupting the dressing room the lad sits on his own at lunch whilst all the other players sit together. I've seen it with my own eyes Looks more like the geeky kid at school rather than a bolshy bully causing trouble.

You know this how? 
you saying this has just as much credit as the rumours. Except they are of numerous fans, ones that are generally pretty credible

17 hours ago, dishydave said:

Personally I don’t think that anyone has suggested that a couple of players having a  negative attitude during training / around the club are the cause of poor performances on a match day. It’s not them who are causing players to make individual errors or Askey to make bad tactical decisions. 

Just now, Coyney Valiant said:
16 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

I’ve just watched the goals again. Check out the reaction of our lads to going 3-2 up with theirs when they make it 4-3. It couldn’t be more different. We knew it wasn’t over. They knew they’d won. Amazing.thought 

Thought the same myself you would think we’d scored a consolation goal instead of going 3-2 up 

7 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Thought the same myself you would think we’d scored a consolation goal instead of going 3-2 up 

Perhaps Vale have adopted a "cool look" retro 70's underwhelming style of celebrating goals. Take a look at prolific striker Alan Clark of notorious Leeds United. Back then when he hit the back of the onion bag he just put his left arm up in the air while looking almost sheepishly down at the ground. On a good day, he might get a handshake off his strike partner Mick Jones. And in any case the other Leeds players were busy going after the nearest opponent to lamp them one while the Ref was making his way back to the centre circle and his back was turned.

10 hours ago, grand prix pants said:

I’ve just watched the goals again. Check out the reaction of our lads to going 3-2 up with theirs when they make it 4-3. It couldn’t be more different. We knew it wasn’t over. They knew they’d won. Amazing.

I know it was an OG in the end but when Pope didn't bother celebrating against the Forest Greeners the first thing I did was look for the ref to see if it had been disallowed.

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

I know it was an OG in the end but when Pope didn't bother celebrating against the Forest Greeners the first thing I did was look for the ref to see if it had been disallowed.

I thought at the time that was more a bit of a sheepish look because he knew it was an OG not his. Even though his work got it. Possible to read too much into this stuff. 

Archived