onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Lets all just remember that the carol having full confidence in Askey is a rumour before we take it as gospel 

I’ve heard the same story from a separate source that a meeting took place with everyone at the club. But things change quickly in football, you can’t guarantee anything. 

Advert

5 hours ago, TylerB said:

Nothing wrong with our attacking since the Bolton game. We've created plenty every game. But the whole defence has been shocking, and even Brown hasn't exactly covered himself in glory lately. Smith and Legge as our partnership can't continue. They both struggle at the moment with any sort of movement. Based on how he performed last season when he was given a run of games, Brisley should be one of the first name on the team-sheet. I'd probably give Crooks ago alongside him, I just don't see how them two can't not be even just slightly better. Gibbons also can't come back  quick enough. With everyone fit and available, right now my back four would be Gibbons, Brisley, Crooks and Fitzpatrick.

We can’t pin too many hopes on Gibbo yet, because he’s another one who’s got to get himself up to speed and that might not happen straight away. They also need the central pairing sorted way before he comes back too, because that’s a disaster at the moment.  I’d be tempted to go with Monty at left back when everyone’s fit. 

Common theme is we take the lead then give away a goal I mean surely there should be more commitment once your ahead if you strive to be the best .

Going forwards we are pretty good but it seems no ones doing the basics once we are in the lead in games ,a leader is required we do not seem to have players doing enough keep the ball out of our net I mean concede four in one half once a season is horrendous to do it twice is absolutely appalling within so many games .

The body language of certain players tells me theres trouble between the players off the field and they are taking it on to the field  ,a unified teams  players do not concede the goals we concede they are not even generally good goals they are easily avoidable .

I'd say sort it out Askey but it seems it's gone too far now in my opinion he does either one or the other things he either resigns or transfer list the uncommitted as be honest with you theres some who represent us I'd rather they didnt .

UTV 

Ill be really disappointed if we dont hear anything from carol in the next couple of days. Id like to think she would know the situation needs addressing one way or the other. Come and and back him if hes staying. Is the clubs aim still the play offs if thats the case. I want to hear something from our chairman when times are bad not remaining silent keeping us all guessing

3 hours ago, Jeff. said:

Good afternoon fellow Valiants,

One hopes that you are all keeping well during the festive period in these troubled times.

Another desperate afternoon was had yesterday as a fellow Valiant under the management of John Colin Askey. One uses the word management very loosely here. 

Back in 82' one was the Captain of a reasonably sized fishing vessel, at first things were great, one was catching a plethora of creatures from the sea. Then after a while things didn't go so well, week after week Captain Jeff had no fish to show for his efforts. When arriving back on land one was summoned to one's seniors who said "Hey, Captain Jeff, this is a results business, where are all the fish? YOU'RE FIRED!"

All the very best,

Captain Jeff.

For Captain Jeff, please defer to Captain John

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Think yourself lucky Joe,that you weren't around to witness season 1979/80? 😩

If you were around for that I presume you were around for the 1990s.

I've seen more administrations than promotions 😅

My favourite player is John McCombe. 

Absolutely miserable existence. 

1 hour ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Thats good news, I always bring up Vale whenever I can when a tradesman is involved to make conversation. Normally met with:huh:  i support sJoke.

Red and white eye balls as my Granddad used to say, which surprises me reading your post. Good news.

Just speaking the truth fella. Ps working in south staffs, where they’re predominantly Wolves,WBA,Villa,Brum fans, who have a loathing of stoke and an affinity towards the Vale warms the cockles so keep the faith. 

2 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

I've watched many training sessions and they're better than the dross we're  watching at the moment, ALL training,up to about 5 weeks ago,is high tempo and the attitude is very good.The players appeared in good spirits too.Askey,Kevan,Pugh,Rudge are all giving input plus the goalkeeping coach.Whatever has gone wrong since I last went is baffling me.

How long ago was it Sinclair joined the club?

5 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Really hope that is correct. 

Im really hoping for a change of fortune, the stick I'm getting from sJoke fans is unbearable right now.

There's nowhere to run to Mr Tassels, or Platty's if I may. I'm miles away in Norfolk and Craig, the local butcher in town is a FGR fan and the stick he's been giving me means I've become vegetarian since  October. I need a Vale win. I want meat.

Archived