onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Another thing I’m not sure many have picked up on. 

The performances of Luke Joyce have ween woeful. I think he was lucky to stay on the pitch yesterday, clearly not learning from costing us the game against Tranmere. He’s meant to help protect that defence. I know he’s highly rated on here, I didn’t really see why based on last season. This season he’s been dreadful. Him mills, legge, burgess all need dropping 

He was definitely lucky to stay on, but, having been booked, I thought he had a good game and has also played well in the last few.

We've gone from creating zilch to creating loads of opportunities, but, whilst still wasting many of these chances, à la Mills at the end of the game to make it 4-4, the current problems are quite clearly at the back.  Simple long balls doing us and set pieces, basic Sunday League stuff.

Askey said he'll change the defence and it'll be interesting to see what he does.  The general consensus on the forum seems to be that Fitz is playing OK, ironic really as Askey is criticised for signing ex Macc players, but here's one that seems to be doing fine right now.  Whether or not the manager changes the other 3 defenders remains to be seen.  Are Brisley and Crookes the answer?  The only way he can drop Mills is if Smith plays there, or Whitehead maybe.

Advert

15 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

No correct...the shouting and shrieking and revving up was from theirs....we were stone silent and it appeared to get to us. That was my point......I would have been giving it back in spades...trying to gee our lot up!

err??????????????????????????????????????? thats what i said

That won’t happen though will it. You can say that about bottom of the league. ‘If we stop conceding and start scoring we will win games’ no
not sure how you can trust askey. He’s proven time and time again he can’t fix things and will no change. 

We are scoring though

And when he first took over he changed it up.

He’s tried to keep faith with the experienced pair and has now decided to switch it up. That’s change.

23 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

We are scoring though

And when he first took over he changed it up.

He’s tried to keep faith with the experienced pair and has now decided to switch it up. That’s change.

Change that should have happened weeks ago. 
signing the same old squad players. Not making subs. He’s not changed 

2 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Still annoyed about yesterday.

If true that Askey has 100% confidence then i'm absolutely gob smacked with Carol:wacko:

Reading comments regarding agents/players/staff -the club at this present time stinks of jobs for the boys.

Smith resigning in the Summer was huge for me, I was over the moon he stayed. No idea whats going on with him at the moment. I do Still think he's quality, but failing massively at present.

Legge scares the hell out me every game.  in the air ok, other from that its a no,no. 

@darren1810It was me who said Fitz was our best defender. IMO he has massively improved. Not saying much about our other defenders right now, granted.

Imo no way is Carol a jobs for the boys kind of person and as i said previously the confidence thing is a rumour,she is far from happy but she wont be a trigger happy owner again imo.

As for Smith i think the majority were happy he signed again as he is more than steady at this level BUT over the last couple of months something has happened as he just doesn't look happy playing,his whole body language also says that to me,just look at his face when he scored at Bolton and yes i also agree that Fitz has improved now fully fit

25 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Imo no way is Carol a jobs for the boys kind of person and as i said previously the confidence thing is a rumour,she is far from happy but she wont be a trigger happy owner again imo

Really hope that is correct. 

Im really hoping for a change of fortune, the stick I'm getting from sJoke fans is unbearable right now.

It's a simple thing really......shutting down a game should be second nature to coach & professional players alike.  Why are we so incapable of achieving this?  Look at all the late goals we've conceded this season--a number of times when we have been in front--that's unforgiveable and just totally naive!  What's Dave Kevan doing in terms of first team coaching--who is responsible for defensive coaching?  Please get a grip--this season is already over as far as promotion is concerned.  If the team and coaches don't get a grip soon, we'll be in a relegation dogfight.  Week after week, we see that in this league all teams are quite capable of beating every other team--just review yesterday's results if you don't believe me--there ain't any 'easy' fixtures!

Good afternoon fellow Valiants,

One hopes that you are all keeping well during the festive period in these troubled times.

Another desperate afternoon was had yesterday as a fellow Valiant under the management of John Colin Askey. One uses the word management very loosely here. 

Back in 82' one was the Captain of a reasonably sized fishing vessel, at first things were great, one was catching a plethora of creatures from the sea. Then after a while things didn't go so well, week after week Captain Jeff had no fish to show for his efforts. When arriving back on land one was summoned to one's seniors who said "Hey, Captain Jeff, this is a results business, where are all the fish? YOU'RE FIRED!"

All the very best,

Captain Jeff.

How do you legislate for players making individual errors that lead to goals? More coaching? Drop them? Change it up a bit? 
You can't really. But Legge has been at fault for most the of the goals in the last 4 games so if he doesn't drop him because he's not confident of his back up defenders then that is on the manager I really want him to sort it out because I've enjoyed the football since he's been here I'm just not liking the results

Archived