onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

33 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The lads on the Ale and Vale podcast have said in the review of the game that they have received information from a trusted source, Askey has the full confidence of Carol and is going to be allowed to flatline our season.

I really despair.

How can he have full confidence after our last 9 games if thats true then that puts questionmarks over carols decision making for me.  I can accept her potentially giving him more time, but full confidence? And say for example we lose our next 3 which with the way we are playing is very possible so that would make it 5 points from a potential 36 she would still be happy with that to continue for the remainder of the season. Very very strange if true. Im paying hard earned money every week to watch this crap and i would like a little more ambition from our owners and not settle for below average 

Advert

Real worry is relegation now for me; if we can’t arrest this slide the longer it goes on without a run of wins the more dire the situation becomes.

It all just feels very 2016/17, started like a train then the wins just stopped and we slid down and down.

5 points in 9 games is relegation form, bottom of the league form even and needs to turn around soon.

I’m absolutely livid with yesterday, mainly because Walsall had to do absolutely nothing to win the game, they were poor defensively, didn’t really do a great deal but we absolutely gifted them 4 goals. Second time this season we’ve scored 3 and lost, second time with conceded 4 in a half but Walsall weren’t even decent like Tranmere were on the day.

Smith has gone massively off the boil, the third goal he’s nowhere near. Lads got the talent but no sure what’s going on.

Vale have gone from a solid side that doesn’t concede but struggles to score or create to one creating hatfuls, scoring a fair few but now conceding for fun. Got to be some middle ground found between the two Vale’s we’ve found.

It’s the same set up and back four as the first few games so not sure what has gone on. Maybe we need to manage Legge a bit more with all the games condensed this season?

We were just so disorganised when they threw 4 players on. I don’t agree with the 5 subs rule and this hasn’t helped as your facing an almost different side so it’s harder to work out who’s to mark whom but we’ve got to react quicker.

We are losing games but just feels we are beating ourselves at the moment and throwing wins away. I’d have been upset had it ended 3-3 let alone to lose that.

Positives are Hurst, lads excellent, his delivery is on a par with Woz, especially when he cuts inside and delivers the ball into the far post area. Amoo did well, Conlon excellent again, thought Fitz did ok and Pope did well.

How can she have full confidence? What has he done that shows he could turn it around?

The players dont seem motivated. They dont want to put their bodies on the line to keep a clean sheet. Is Askey going to be able to change this?

The tactics arent working. Has Askey got the know how to adapt or change these?

We need a plan b in a game. Has Askey ever changed to a plan b. Has he even got one?
We could do with better players in both boxes. Can Askey be trusted to go out and sign players that improve the first team?

I'm so annoyed by yesterday, but it's a accumulation of a number of factors and results that have made me believe that he has to go if we want to get promotion. If we keep him, then for me that's a sign were OK with writing the season off. W.N.E...

9 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I hope Askey has done what the Bolton manager did and will be hauling them in for training this morning.

All that 8 hours sleep has given me is an opportunity to get more annoyed by all aspects of yesterday’s shambolic and totally unprofessional 2nd half. 

Bolton did that after the Vale game too and that hasn't worked !! 

The back five I'm including Brown were shambolic, Burgess and Joyce anonymous.

The other 4 did well. 

As others have said before we just filled our squad ( again) not one summer signing was a real threat to start in the X1. Rodney has done well lately it has to be said but he's raw and inconsistent. 

Progress on the pitch Is by signing players for the first X1 and then the current shirt holder becomes the squad player and has to fight to get in. 

Instead we are signing plodding journeymen or crocks. Our squad again is riddled with bang average fillers who impress in The Pizza cup and look impressive until they play proper football in the league when they show their true worth. 

I'll admit I thought Mckirdy was a game changer signing ( that's going well ) can't say any of the others had me dancing the streets. Also ( again he's done ok ) but is a 33 year old back up keeper the actual heir apparent to Brown ? Surely we should of had one for the future.

Basically after my mumblings what I'm saying is recruitment is pathetic. 

Just watched the goals back again, and more disastrous than on first viewing.

First goal massive gap between Legge and Smith.  Legge again running after his man with concrete boots on, and Brown strolling out as if the ball will just trickle to him under no pressure.

second goal Legge backs off their big centre half towards the goal line, giving him a free strike.

third goal Smith was weak, but Legge should have anticipated the danger and been in behind to put it out for a corner.

Fourth goal same set up as for the second, this time Legge trips over giving his man a free strike.

From the back four only Fitzpatrick anything like acceptable yesterday.

in protecting them yet another booking for Joyce, showing he is now at full stretch and making rash tackles.

Its going to be a long cold winter, at least I don’t have to leave the house to witness the twice weekly horror show!

38 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Bolton did that after the Vale game too and that hasn't worked !! 

The back five I'm including Brown were shambolic, Burgess and Joyce anonymous.

The other 4 did well. 

As others have said before we just filled our squad ( again) not one summer signing was a real threat to start in the X1. Rodney has done well lately it has to be said but he's raw and inconsistent. 

Progress on the pitch Is by signing players for the first X1 and then the current shirt holder becomes the squad player and has to fight to get in. 

Instead we are signing plodding journeymen or crocks. Our squad again is riddled with bang average fillers who impress in The Pizza cup and look impressive until they play proper football in the league when they show their true worth. 

I'll admit I thought Mckirdy was a game changer signing ( that's going well ) can't say any of the others had me dancing the streets. Also ( again he's done ok ) but is a 33 year old back up keeper the actual heir apparent to Brown ? Surely we should of had one for the future.

Basically after my mumblings what I'm saying is recruitment is pathetic. 

I think it’s a saving grace there are no fans tbh. Can you imagine if we’d have had 2,000-odd packed in behind that goal at 4.50 yesterday?? I think things might been decidedly more toxic, a la Accrington.

Lets also all remember how hard it is to be an owner in this weird time.

With cash hard to come by, and the extortionate amount Carol paid to save the club I can imagine is hasnt been a comfortable ride.

Carol may be thinking that the chances of someone coming in and turning this into a promotion season are slim without the chance to reshape the squad and It may therefore come down to a business decision that this year we are better not to roll the dice. Forget promotion, get to the Summer and re-evaluate then.

If we slip towards relegation, which I don't think we will... then its necessary to reset and rethink.

Lets also not forget that Caro will be asking Garlick for his opinion... we all know how close to Askey he is so he for one will not be advocating a change.

The messaging to her from Garlick, Askey and his team are that our performances at Colchester and Forrest Green were good (Which they were) but we just couldn't score. We scored 6 against Bolton and 3 yesterday... all we need to do is take the better bits of these games and get the consistency.

As I have previously said, for the long term reasons I believe we are better off with someone other than Askey. But I don't believe Carol will act, and I don't think she can be blamed for that in this environment. 

Another thing I’m not sure many have picked up on. 

The performances of Luke Joyce have ween woeful. I think he was lucky to stay on the pitch yesterday, clearly not learning from costing us the game against Tranmere. He’s meant to help protect that defence. I know he’s highly rated on here, I didn’t really see why based on last season. This season he’s been dreadful. Him mills, legge, burgess all need dropping 

It’s worth a look again at the results since Southend (which doesn’t include the Cup):

- 1 win in 9 (10 with the cup); 

- 3 home defeats plus a home FA Cup defeat (to nil) by a non-league side;

- 20 goals conceded with no clean sheets in that time;

- 17 goals scored although over two-thirds of these were across 3 games. Stripping these out, it’s 5 goals from 7 games;

That’s bad reading.

667776A1-0204-4BCE-8717-549CE8D7F2CD.jpeg

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

It’s worth a look again at the results since Southend (which doesn’t include the Cup):

- 1 win in 9 (10 with the cup); 

- 3 home defeats plus a home FA Cup defeat (to nil) by a non-league side;

- 20 goals conceded with no clean sheets in that time;

- 17 goals scored although over two-thirds of these were across 3 games. Stripping these out, it’s 5 goals from 7 games;

That’s bad reading.

667776A1-0204-4BCE-8717-549CE8D7F2CD.jpeg

It’s appauling. He should have been sacked after Stevenage. 

At least we beat wolves u23 though 

Archived