onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

41 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

to be fair to radio joke, they ere obliged to put the boris on by the goverment.

Okey dokey. Thanks for that.

I can't help but feel that his lack of coherent strategy and his inability to make good decisions early enough has only served to exacerbate the crisis we're currently seeing.

And Boris isn't much better either!!!!!

Advert

53 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Might be a bit of heresay, but at the risk of stating the obvious it seems not all is well behind the scenes at Vale. I have been told by someone that Frank Sinclair is having a bit too much influence around the place and is responsible some of our, how shall I put it, less successful signings i.e. one particular forward that Askey basically doesn’t want and never wanted. Any truth I wonder?

I have heard similar... specifically Frank has eyes locked on Askeys Job.

Having chilled a little after the appalling defeat.... made me think about the the 2 centre halves and a certain My Joyce... he’s been chasing shadows for weeks, then with Legge and Smith only being successful in the air.. Brown playing very poorly, rooted to his line, kicking is shocking! The spine of the team that were once so formidable, are the Achilles heel of all the shocking defeats

Something else isn’t right...

I just hope Askey gets the boot before we become too far removed from the top 7

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

If that is true then I have some sympathy for Askey. Doesn’t detract from his in-game (mis)management mind. On a broader point, this is slightly worrying and I really hope that Carol isn’t being suckered in by the same cowboys that brought Bruno and the likes on Chris Mbamba and Reggie to the club 😩

Team for the visit of Barrow in Fungus....

Visser

Smith-Brisley-Crookes-Fitz

Manny-Whitehead-Conlon

Amoo-Rodney-Hurst

I’ve gone nuclear because something has got to change defensively. Get Brown, Mills, Legge and Joyce out who were, to varying degrees, poor today. Let’s see what Visser’s made off, he’s no spring chicken so shouldn’t exactly phased by playing in front of one man and his dog. 

Smith out of the middle to right back, although to be honest the cleaning lady could have done a better job than Mills today. 

Hopefully Manny’s fit, and I’d stick Whitehead in because if he offers nothing then let him go in January.

Get them in Xmas Day to practice if needs be.

If we’re chasing the game on 60 minutes the drop a midfielder and get Pope on. 

Desperate for 3 points to stave off relegation fears.

31 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Two ways of looking at this. Anyone working below the managers job should have aspirations for top spot. At the moment Askey is making a balls up of things so there will be a few members of staff thinking they could make a better job of it, only natural in a competitive environment. 

If his actions are disruptive however then that’s a different story. Not sure I believe that Carol would stand for much disruption though. 

For me Askey SHOULD feel under pressure. If, as he is stating, he doesn’t then he needs to sod off quick. Pressure should be weighing down on him relentlessly with our current situation. Just from professional pride alone, let alone expectation of the fans or potential challengers for the managers job.  

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Might be a bit of heresay, but at the risk of stating the obvious it seems not all is well behind the scenes at Vale. I have been told by someone that Frank Sinclair is having a bit too much influence around the place and is responsible some of our, how shall I put it, less successful signings i.e. one particular forward that Askey basically doesn’t want and never wanted. Any truth I wonder?

I can’t see carol over ruling the manager and signing people because Sinclair told her to though. Perhaps one of the problems is that it is believable that askey has lost control of things. If someone said this about micky Adam’s for example, would people believe it? 

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Get him gone then. Would make sense as Askey clearly (and correctly) Dosent rate Robinson or mckirdy 

11 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I can’t see carol over ruling the manager and signing people because Sinclair told her to though. Perhaps one of the problems is that it is believable that askey has lost control of things. If someone said this about micky Adam’s for example, would people believe it? 

I’ve been told that Sinclair has Carol’s ‘ear’ and that Robinson was his recommendation.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/schoolboy-defending-worst-port-vale-4815944.amp

This bloke is taking the pee! We have known or all season. And it took you till 2 games ago to realise that defensively we are shocking. 2 games later and what have done about it, nothing. But it’s ok cause you have pointed it out again. 

Really want Askey to be successful but he makes is bloomin difficult at times. 

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

there was no shouting and shrieking from the vale bench! to be fair to radio joke, they ere obliged to put the boris on by the goverment.

No correct...the shouting and shrieking and revving up was from theirs....we were stone silent and it appeared to get to us. That was my point......I would have been giving it back in spades...trying to gee our lot up!

We will not get promotion with Legge or Smith as our centre halves. I said it before Smith signed a new contract, that although I think he is a decent (not great) player at league two standard, he is the one constant in our demise over the last 5 years. Sometimes a change is the best thing for all concerned, and I think we need root and branch with our defence. 

31 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Team for the visit of Barrow in Fungus....

Visser

Smith-Brisley-Crookes-Fitz

Manny-Whitehead-Conlon

Amoo-Rodney-Hurst

I’ve gone nuclear because something has got to change defensively. Get Brown, Mills, Legge and Joyce out who were, to varying degrees, poor today. Let’s see what Visser’s made off, he’s no spring chicken so shouldn’t exactly phased by playing in front of one man and his dog. 

Smith out of the middle to right back, although to be honest the cleaning lady could have done a better job than Mills today. 

Hopefully Manny’s fit, and I’d stick Whitehead in because if he offers nothing then let him go in January.

Get them in Xmas Day to practice if needs be.

If we’re chasing the game on 60 minutes the drop a midfielder and get Pope on. 

Desperate for 3 points to stave off relegation fears.

That's a few too many changes surely?  The front 6 were OK today wouldn't you say?  Smith to RB is maybe a good call though rather than dropping him completely.

Just now, Boslem's Brazil said:

We will not get promotion with Legge or Smith as our centre halves. I said it before Smith signed a new contract, that although I think he is a decent (not great) player at league two standard, he is the one constant in our demise over the last 5 years. Sometimes a change is the best thing for all concerned, and I think we need root and branch with our defence. 

Not sure I agree but smith has been far of his usual best for a while now. Legge unfortunately is the victim of age and the current format not suiting older legs. Mills is miles off being what required and Clarke hasn’t hit the ground running for reasons unknown. Our strongest department has become a liability yet week in week out it’s not addressed in anyway. 

Archived