onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, Alan Baker said:

It’s not about what fans would go today. We’re not in charge.

It’s more about Askey’s clueless signings and inability or reluctance to change. 
Get him gone.

Yep. I actually don’t think he could much more. He hasn’t got anyone better than Legge or Smith. God knows what has happened to Clark, it leaves Mills as the only RB. He hasn’t got a better LB than Fitzpatrick. But he is responsible for  that mess, not us! Same in midfield. He needs to shore up today but has no one who can do that. It’s his squad. Simple.

Advert

It didn't come as surprise to me that we chucked a lead away twice we are too soft Legges struggling in fact him and Smith have been poor all season Askey should have got younger legs in there from day one, sorry Carol but the balls in your court it's a tough business make a statement or get the axe out

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Radio coverage was shocking. There are enough idiots on Radio Stoke Sport as it is without them needing to take Boris Johnson's press conference as well.

If I'd wanted to listen to that I could have turned over and watched/listened to it on any number of channels.

"Where did that blond lad come from?" I wondered to myself as we conceded the first goal. Had it not been for a friend in a Whatsapp chat mentioning that Walsall had made a quadruple substitution then I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on.

Exactly why I turned over to the Walsall commentary. The least biased home commentary I think I've heard. And spot on about most of the Vale performance, particularly Mills. 

1 minute ago, grand prix pants said:

Yep. I actually don’t think he could much more. He hasn’t got anyone better than Legge or Smith. God knows what has happened to Clark, it leaves Mills as the only RB. He hasn’t got a better LB than Fitzpatrick. But he is responsible for  that mess, not us! Same in midfield. He needs to shore up today but has no one who can do that. It’s his squad. Simple.

Spot on..

He spent money on strengthening the second 11 and nothing else.

To save the season we need mire players, again, starting with a center back as priority. 

Would you give more money to Askey. NO

New manager would also want money to spend but hopefully tactics from the bench may win us some games with the same squad. At least 4 poss 5 first team players needed before we will challenge for the playoffs but new manager needed first.

Askey out. The sooner the better.

Might be a bit of heresay, but at the risk of stating the obvious it seems not all is well behind the scenes at Vale. I have been told by someone that Frank Sinclair is having a bit too much influence around the place and is responsible some of our, how shall I put it, less successful signings i.e. one particular forward that Askey basically doesn’t want and never wanted. Any truth I wonder?

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Might be a bit of heresay, but at the risk of stating the obvious it seems not all is well behind the scenes at Vale. I have been told by someone that Frank Sinclair is having a bit too much influence around the place and is responsible some of our, how shall I put it, less successful signings i.e. one particular forward that Askey basically doesn’t want and never wanted. Any truth I wonder?

Quite possible. I've heard stuff about a few players (the new ones), differences in opinion over training regimes, possible other 'influences'.

Rightly or wrongly tbh something has gone badly wrong, defence was our strongpoint, Leon our leader.

It will come out in the wash, unless this slide is addressed for whatever reason, pressure mounts not just on JA but the board as here are and wil be serious financial implications for the end of this season and start of next.

2 hours ago, Santa said:

Radio coverage was shocking. There are enough idiots on Radio Stoke Sport as it is without them needing to take Boris Johnson's press conference as well.

If I'd wanted to listen to that I could have turned over and watched/listened to it on any number of channels.

"Where did that blond lad come from?" I wondered to myself as we conceded the first goal. Had it not been for a friend in a Whatsapp chat mentioning that Walsall had made a quadruple substitution then I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on.

there was no shouting and shrieking from the vale bench! to be fair to radio joke, they ere obliged to put the boris on by the goverment.

59 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question.  If folk say the manager is doing the wrong thing they must have some idea of what the right thing would be??

For a start I would not have signed Lloyd last season, Robinson this season. I would have scouted far better, I wouldn’t have signed another midfielder in Whitehead  to sit on the bench. I would have made tactical substitutions when needed. I would have has some idea which forward o play once the season started. I would not left our best defender in Clark on the bench but if he had done something serious wrong he would have been shipped off straight away but I’m not paid to make all those decisions, Askey is and IMO he is making too many wrong decisions and although I like him and up until this season he has done a good job the bad decisions he has made should cost him his job.

Someone mentioned earlier that askey doesnt feel his job underpressure - why is this ? Any manager at any other club woukd be under pressure right now ? Why isnt john askey? Has carol become to close to the management team and built up too good of a relationship where she feels she cant get rid of them now. Has john askeys comfortable position meant that he has let standard slips. I think its crazy to be in the form we are and to no be under pressure at all??

He as come out and said we cannot defend but I take it he thought we defended well v tranmere 4-3 v Orient 3-2 and so on ,if he as only just realised that then he is in the wrong job we have being defending very poorly all season teams who do hardly anything get decent chances score .

Today he is watching from the sidelines while the second half goals are going in then he decides take one of the culprits off when we were losing knowing that the other culprits were left on to continue knowing that there second half efforts have cost us the game .

5 SUBS Mr Askey he could have replaced them all he could have put Oyeleke at right back put Crookes and Brisley on centre halfs and replaced Brown with Visser but no just sits there till we are losing then does something why didnt he do it when we were winning ?

Answers to the loyal PVFC fanbase .

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

So what would you have changed?  Bring on Brisley and go three at the back?  Bring on Oyeleke for Burgess?  Put three of the back four up against a wall and shoot them?

The problem I have is that the game was won at half time. We didn’t need to score again, we didn’t even need to keep a clean sheet. We just needed to keep our concentration and not concede three times, as even a point would have been something.

Yes, easy with hindsight - although you’ll note I called a 4-3 win for them immediately after Rodney scored!!! - but yes, of course he should have solidified the team given our propensity to give daft goals away. 

Archived