onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, blackdog said:

Askey gave Smith and Legge both barrels in his interview, said the centre halves were not doing their jobs, basically not closing down and doing the basics and changes will have to be made.

Glad he's figured that out, in the 11th consecutive game of no clean sheets.

I agree about Smith never rated him to small to slow no football in him what so ever Legge very good in the air very slow across the deck we have needed solid centre backs for years now people who know how to lead from the back. We have at the last count 6 coaches assistant manager a manager has anyone asked Phil Sproson how centre halves should defend because these coaches and managers are not doing there jobs at all.

If anyone asked Phil Sproson he would just say pick Crookes and AN Other lad I have on my books

19 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

One point that has been brought up.  Vale don't seem to have leaders on the pitch, it is very quiet.  We have experience on the pitch and it does seem quiet as you can hear the opposition players shouting, but not many Vale players.

Do you know when the second half started and there was no commentary I had to turn the sound down on my laptop because all that shrieking, shouting from their bench and their players got on my nerves......especially as we folded under it like a pack of cards. NOT one of our players reacted how I would have wanted my players to react....it was almost like they expected to lose. We were bullied and we lay down and had our bellies tickled after being in control of the game.

17 minutes ago, Joe B said:

That's the thing; we're well-run with good, respected owners and a lot of potential.

Lower league managers will be fighting each other for a 2 year contract here, as will any bright up and coming young coaches. 

If people think John Askey is our peak at present, then you're underselling the potential of this club.

Is it too comfortable at the Vale ?  The " Macclesfield Connection" Garlick Askey and Bianchi ( The agent ) at the helm, Carol has some thinking to do ,it's ok being loyal if you can afford it financially but surely we can't, and the business is a results business and at the moment we are failing badly a steady hand at the tiller....or .....pull the trigger ?  

just calmed down enough to make comment-on hearing squire askeys comments on radio joke, he sounds like a rabbit in the headlights. a quivering train wreck. there only one place this team is heading for is out the league, yes i think it is highly likely if this shambles continues. so many players ball watching in defence and coaches that cannot alter the playing system to cope with opposition changes. if vissor/brisley/crookes/clark/oyleke /amoo cant win a starting place in the team, they might as well pack up! mckirdy/robinson are a disaster. the players must take responsibility and i think we should be looking round which managers are available and clear out the coaches-it just not working. 21 points thrown away! eeh thats better. its a good job the fans arent in the ground, all hell would break out if they loose to barrow-yes were playing barrow! great. merry xmas to all 🥵😡:banghead::rain::censored:

Im sorry but if this is good enough for carol then its really showing her ambition, its all well and good being loyal, but to what extent say we lose our next 3 do you still be loyal. She has a obligation to be loyal to port vale fc not to john askey and port vale fc no longer needs john askey

13 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Do you know when the second half started and there was no commentary I had to turn the sound down on my laptop because all that shrieking, shouting from their bench and their players got on my nerves......especially as we folded under it like a pack of cards. NOT one of our players reacted how I would have wanted my players to react....it was almost like they expected to lose. We were bullied and we lay down and had our bellies tickled after being in control of the game.

Radio coverage was shocking. There are enough idiots on Radio Stoke Sport as it is without them needing to take Boris Johnson's press conference as well.

If I'd wanted to listen to that I could have turned over and watched/listened to it on any number of channels.

"Where did that blond lad come from?" I wondered to myself as we conceded the first goal. Had it not been for a friend in a Whatsapp chat mentioning that Walsall had made a quadruple substitution then I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on.

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Glad he's figured that out, in the 11th consecutive game of no clean sheets.

Yeah Askey the great could have told him that games ok ,we are not blocking anything free headers you name it it's like playing with no defence at times ,I told you all so you should listen Smith's never being good enough,you know Jermaine Holwyn career finished after one half yet ever present he is one of our own blah blah blah ,.

Come on wheres the defence of these players how many times do we have to be subjected to these dreadful defeats ,get rid we need two centre halfs in January players who will die for the shirt at 2-0 up you block ,you fight ,you close down the space ,you head you do the basics ,so annoyed it's a bloody disgrace. 

15 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Is it too comfortable at the Vale ?  The " Macclesfield Connection" 

Regardless of how promising he's looked so far (not difficult I know, all you have to be able to do is run forward with the fcking ball and you're 1 up on this shower of sht already), it should make you a bit cynically wary that when Hurst signed, his agent, also Askey's agent, put out a press release saying they'd placed him at the club.

Bullshltting promotional language, 99 times / 100. But burnt fingers from Normong and Saide the petrol seller when it comes to managers and multiple players having the same agent. I don't like it.  

Archived