onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

When we went 3-2 up I commented to my lad that were it the other way around Walsall would cruise to victory and we'd not threaten to equalise. 

That is so true, other teams seem to see games out , we are just a comedy. 

We are as close to relegation as we are promotion. 

Scandalous form, is it 1 win in 9 .

I was definitely in the not change management camp, sadly today I've turned. Enough is enough is enough 

Advert

Add the 4-3 defeat to that list of form
And you have to say he’s got to go... his failing is not dealing with the defensive mistakes and allowing smith/Legge to continue as the central defensive partnership, week in/week out. The pair of them are dreadful... then add Mills/Fitz to that and it is any wonder we find ourselves on this run of form?

Conceding 4 goals in the 2nd and all of them to sheer woeful defending.

IMG_1732.JPG

4 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I don't foresee Carol making any decisions on the managers position until at least the end of the season.

Well it wont be promotion Vale are chasing by then, more like league status at this rate.  The players confidence will be gone and they wont like touching the ball.  The fans will be protesting by then as well.  

Guest Vale at home
12 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Smith off , Radio Stoke thinks its an injury. Anyone listening knows its poor play.

I was just thinking the same .as you . It’s is  just getting Embarrassing now . Vale Need  to Be 5 up at half time . I them we can think about winning the Game ...

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I don't foresee Carol making any decisions on the managers position until at least the end of the season.

And that’s why I gave up on the Vale this season a few games ago when he should have gone.

Glad I had a kip rather than watch or listen to the Vale, I expected us to lose in a high scoring game but I would be fuming if once again I watched us go 2 goals up by half time and then lose. Clark is our best defender yet Mills gets in the side above him, Legge who has been brilliant for us has had one too many season's, the same can be said for Askey. 

2 minutes ago, fraggle said:

And you have to say he’s got to go... his failing is not dealing with the defensive mistakes and allowing smith/Legge to continue as the central defensive partnership, week in/week out. The pair of them are dreadful... then add Mills/Fitz to that and it is any wonder we find ourselves on this run of form?

IMG_1732.JPG

Let's not forget we beat Wolves 😂😂😂

IMG_1732.thumb.JPG.d4d22a2b2cad2cbba9a2d238adb37039.JPG

Just a re run of the Tranmere game

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

When Foyle was harangued he had just lost Leon and Sodje.  It was a very big task to replace those goals and I felt he was harshly treated under the circumstances.

Askey has a similar por hand being dealt at the other end.  Who would have predicted that the double act of Legge and Smith would collapse like it has?  I know Askey has to deal with it, but the catastrophic form of these two doesn't require tinkering, its a rip it up and start again job.  That doesn't happen too quickly.

Anybody that says they could see this coming is a liar.  Askey will get it sorted but replacing Legge is going to require some serious January backing.  The problem with that is, and given todays announcement and this new strain spreading faster than ever, is there too great a risk in the season being culled again to push the boat out in January?

Its dead easy sitting bashing your phones, askey this, Carol that but there is a bigger picture here that is making it difficult to confidently maneuver.  I would sit tight and hope for the best this season, nothing more.

So your second paragraph begs the question what on earth had Brisley got to do to get a run 

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Well it wont be promotion Vale are chasing by then, more like league status at this rate.  The players confidence will be gone and they wont like touching the ball.  The fans will be protesting by then as well.  

Joint 23rd in the form table over the last 8 games.

Resign. 

Archived