onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Fosse69

15 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I remember Adebayo playing at vale with swindon i think it was,at the time i thought what a clumsy donkey as he was all over the place and kept tripping up but he had one chance and scored.

Have to say he has done well at walsall and only 22 but check out his full name 😮

Sort of striker we need. Operates exclusively in the 18 yard box. He chooses where to take his shots from very well; centrally, not too far out. Difficult to contend with due to his size. 

Again; released by a big club, given some time to bed in, and now he has 8 in 18. I will bang this drum incessantly. We need to look to these sort of players.

Advert

Sort of striker we need. Operates exclusively in the 18 yard box. He chooses where to take his shots from very well; centrally, not too far out. Difficult to contend with due to his size. 
Again; released by a big club, given some time to bed in, and now he has 8 in 18. I will bang this drum incessantly. We need to look to these sort of players.

Rodney? Similar players, Rodney is now scoring. Adebayo looked a right donkey in recent meetings but looked very good at Walsall in February. Raw but scores. I’d say we have a very similar player.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Rodney? Similar players, Rodney is now scoring. Adebayo looked a right donkey in recent meetings but looked very good at Walsall in February. Raw but scores. I’d say we have a very similar player.

I think the main difference is that Adebayo is very adapt at choosing his shots; making sure he's in a good position. Rodney is still figuring that out; he pulls the trigger from anywhere, and a couple of times it's worked but more often it flies onto Smallthorne roundabout. Rodney is also more about beating his man with pace, whilst Adebayo is more of a hold up player who looks to get on the end of things closer to the nets.

Rodney will get there with good coaching, but what we like right now and a reason we're consistently struggling to capitalise on our good build-up is not having that striker 'between the posts'. Adebayo is rather good at this.

Agree on Rodney though, I quite like him.

I think the main difference is that Adebayo is very adapt at choosing his shots; making sure he's in a good position. Rodney is still figuring that out; he pulls the trigger from anywhere, and a couple of times it's worked but more often it flies onto Smallthorne roundabout. Rodney is also more about beating his man with pace, whilst Adebayo is more of a hold up player who looks to get on the end of things closer to the nets.
Rodney will get there with good coaching, but what we like right now and a reason we're consistently struggling to capitalise on our good build-up is not having that striker 'between the posts'. Adebayo is rather good at this.
Agree on Rodney though, I quite like him.

I agree... but is that where we have neglected Theo Robinson? He comes in a game gets dropped for a few... he’s never had a run of games but know he is a goal scoring forward as he has shown that previously? Are we too harsh on him when he’s had the odd game or odd sub appearance and no chance to get real match sharpness?

7 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I agree... but is that where we have neglected Theo Robinson? He comes in a game gets dropped for a few... he’s never had a run of games but know he is a goal scoring forward as he has shown that previously? Are we too harsh on him when he’s had the odd game or odd sub appearance and no chance to get real match sharpness?

It's a difficult one. I think Robinson links things up better than anyone in the squad. He just seems to disappear as a lone man. When he starts, I forget he's there. He doesn't seem to even look bothered, though this just might be the way he holds himself. 

He probably needs to be played in a two. This is part of the reason I'd like to see us work on a 352 as an alternative to our very predictable 433. 

We’ll probably have 50 shots, with 3 on target and one ending up in the back of the onion bag !!! So I’ll go for a 2-1 defeat with us conceding in the 95th minute. UTV !!!!! Merry Xmas  
Unfortunately, a very accurate assessment, wouldn't be shocked at all should this happen . Its like watching a film with a terrible ending, you know how its ends, but you still watch it over and over.

So only Oyeleke has a chance of making the team so heres myteam if Oyeleke does make it if not theres a alternative team .

Brown 

Mills Legge Smith Fitzpatrick 

joyce Oyeleke 

Burgess  Conlon  Hurst 

Rodney 

The alternative team if he doesn't make it as follows 

Brown 

Mills Smith Legge Fitzpatrick 

JOYCE Burgess 

Rodney  Conlon      Hurst 

Pope 

So same as tues with goals being scored not missed  UTV 

Then if we are leading on 70 give game time to 3 subs to keep the team fresh or if losing change systems that Robinson partners Pope or put Rodney up top and go 3 at the back,etc all depends on flow off the game .

Feeling  confident 5-0 Vale with Hurst getting his first goal for Vale league that is Burgess thundering one in and either Pope or Rodney getting the match ball (both offer so much when on the pitch both capable of that match ball I feel just hope the performance since second half v Orient are maintained if they are then I feel we are due a win ,yesdefensively we need be better and hopefully we will be 

UTV 

Walsall seem to do us on a regular basis I think if they hang eleven Walsall shirts on a washing line they will beat us 2 nil. Just hoping that we continue with the last few performances and surely we will win, however all eleven players need to be at there best. Just hoping we can get back to winning ways . UTV 

Tricky team selection given the current injury situation. I’m torn between keeping Hurst in the team and moving Rodney central or keeping Pope up now. I would probably go with pace on the flanks and hope Pope can get on the end of something.

Brown

Mills  Smith Legge Fitz 

Manny Joyce Conlon

Amoo Pope Rodney 

Guest Vale at home
On 16/12/2020 at 15:08, The man in the pub said:

Rodney is unpredictable and doesn't have a great touch but feel that out on the wing he is wasted. Better to have him in the middle in the thick of the action creating havoc with his pace and strength.

As Popey scored( in a fashion) expect him to continue as the lone striker.

Yes .I agree . Come on the vale . 3 points please . 

In reply to Conner Hacket. Yep fellla been watching the Vale for over 45 years, couldn’t agree more, you know how our session will end, but still we keep watching and hang on in the hope of a miracle and don’t forget it is Xmas so you never know !!! 😂

20 hours ago, valefan16 said:

No not too harsh. 
the bloke Dosent even try. Looks like someone who’s won a competition every time he walks out onto the pitch. 
Other players in and out of the side seem to have got their match sharpness. Robinson looks knackered after half hour and he’s barely moved during that time. 
For me if he had played half decent he wouldn’t have been in and out of the side. 

Archived