Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Goal was Browns fault imo. Can't blame the defence. He should have just come out and picked the ball up.

It's the one part of his game that lets him down. Fortunately he more than makes up for it in the other aspects of his game.

There are plenty of opportunities to get in behind them down the wings and we can certainly win this.

Advert:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m trying to think of something worse than our defending for that goal and I’ve decided  it’s Vale1995. 

Frustrating, but can’t help feeling that, after those 6 defeats, the last 3 results represent a steadying of the ship. We’ve played 3 decent teams and have held our own. I’m feeling a bit more positiv

This is off topic but OK, "is Askey better than the current alternatives?"  And when you've answered that, please tell me why is it that fans always assume the next guy in the job will always be bette

Posted Images

Advert:

Said it before, Vale are at their most vunerable when the ball is turned over, either the organization/shape isn't right and/or the wrong Vale player is marking the attacker. Why was Leon marking that tricky/faster FGR player rather than Smith or even Mills or Fitz.

Vale are playing well but it's frustrating to concede goals on the counter attack game after game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

In some respects this is a continuation of Saturday. Looked very threatening at times, Rodney has the beating of their full-back and Hurst has had another decent half. But we’ve allowed them to get a foothold in the game, they are more composed than us on the ball and that Collins had two or three chances and arguably took the hardest one, although it was awful defending. Which Vale is going to turn up 2nd half? I have to say I fear the worst again here.

Agree with this. Teams just have to ride out the pressure because they know they will get chances against us.

Decent enough that half. Rodney and Hurst both playing well imho. Hurst particularly did really well to set himself up for that chance he should have scored. Just need to keep it up and I think we'll win this.

Advert:

5 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Is it time to start a different centre half partnership? Both Legge and Smith look really poor currently. Legge is getting caught out time and time and again and Smith looks like a bag of nerves.

The midfield 3 haven’t been dominant enough. Conlon is extremely wasteful and Burgess is anonymous.

However, even with all of the above we have still looked threatening and probably should be winning the game. Our inability to hold a lead is becoming worrying and very frustrating.

The game is still there to win. Keep your heads up Vale.

Would we play 3 centre backs, in the past we had Aspin, Glover and Swanny, not played as centre half at the same time but all able to cover. We do look open with our style, maybe needs a tweak, But yes we can still win and it is not a bad game.

Advert:

18 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

On the plus side at least we get to hear from our favourite negative poster again 🙄

Got a weird obsession with me you have sure you dont need tell me something? 

if you dont want to talk about what i mentioned in my comment can you please leave me alone 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Got a weird obsession with me you have sure you dont need tell me something? 

if you dont want to talk about what i mentioned in my comment can you please leave me alone 

Love it when someone feels they can sl@g off the players all they want but someone criticises them and how they post and they start crying. 😂

Chin up son.

• Like 1