onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Its sad to say but i do feel(and i might be wrong) that SOME want Vale to lose games just to prove a point and i know i am going to get quoted by people saying thats not me blah blah but in my head i know who i am on about,they come alive when Vale lose.

I will say though i dont mean those who hold their hands up and say they were wrong on certain things or are getting proved wrong

Advert

Im going to be nothing but positive from now on!

I think it’s about balance. Giving credit where it’s due and not overreacting to a bad performance.

I’m sure you have good and bad days. You wouldn’t want to be sacked after a few bad days I’m sure

There is commitment and a good style to this team and the way the manager sets up . Is it perfect ? No where near .. but it’s good to watch and it’s vale

Amoo and Worrall back Saturday

2-0 vale

Come on you whites

Brown 6

MIlls 6

Smith 7 

Legge 6

Fitzpatrick 7

Rodney 7 

Burgess 7 

Joyce 7

Hurst 7 

Pope 7 

Conlon 7 

All in all a decent performance again from the Vale ,goals deserved but not forthcoming ,I've spent 20 quid last two home games on ifollow the results should have being different but I'm very encouraged will all the different players who are getting on the end of chances ,maintain these level of performances bar the every game calamity which leads to a goal or goals for opposition and we will be reeling off many wins as the season progresses 

UTV 

On 16/12/2020 at 05:54, PV1973 said:

Don’t see the logic in playing Clark in midfield at all. 

I'd bring Clarke in for Fitz on Saturday, not blaming Fitz for anything but just think Clarke is a better full back, gives Vale more going forward and tidies up more behind Legge and Smith. Clarke also looks a little stronger than Fitz and isn't knocked off the ball so easily.

On 16/12/2020 at 07:59, Joe B said:

Did you read what I said? I've spent the entire thread stating how well we played and results will come.  I read what you originally said, quote, "The question is not 'is Askey better than what we've had?', as I reckon a monkey in a Vale tracksuit would have been an improvement, but 'is Askey better than the current alternatives?'.  I would comprehend your question to suggest that you believe there are better alternatives out there.

I clearly said I wasn't asking for him to be sacked. Literally right there. Sacking?  Your words not mine.

I just said the initial argument (that Askey should stay because he's better than Brown, Aspin, and Bruno) is a poor one, and a better argument is 'Askey is the best we could get at present'. Was a point that if you're arguing to keep Askey in, don't make it easy for people who want him gone, as it's easily refuted, because literally any professional manager is better than those three.  It's the same question I replied to before but you've used slightly different words so why not answer it with your own suggestion of who out there is better?

Classic OVF. Read something, misinterpret it (wilfully or through poor comprehension skills), argue against the misinterpretation, and wheel away in celebration, strawman successfully rebutted, people stumbling over each other to throw a 'like' react at a post which successfully defeats an argument that never existed.  Sounds like sour grapes to me.

19 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I'd bring Clarke in for Fitz on Saturday, not blaming Fitz for anything but just think Clarke is a better full back, gives Vale more going forward and tidies up more behind Legge and Smith. Clarke also looks a little stronger than Fitz and isn't knocked off the ball so easily.

Things appear not to be quite right for Clarke, problems off the field mentioned, so maybe the thinking is to show faith and go with our own players.  Fitz has done OK to be fair.  If Gibbo can hit the ground running in mid Jan we'll be fine.

Archived