onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Considering Rodney struggles so much with the fundamentals of football (first touch and decision making), I've been really impressed with him in the last 3 games.

He had their left back on toast for the goal last night. He won a penalty vs Bolton, assisted Monty vs Bolton, scored vs Colchester, and assisted again last night.

Has 5 goals in all comps despite only featuring in 50% of the minutes available to him and has played on both wings and up top. His ability to breeze past players is very enjoyable.

He's on for double figures and is proving quite versatile. Pleased with the signing. We should be working every day on his touch and ensure Pope passes on all tricks of hold up play before he moves on. 

There's every chance he doesn't get to the level we hope but the signs are there that he could do. He needs minutes, luck with injuries, and the backing of the management when he inevitably has a dodgy spell. 

Wish we'd make a couple more signings like him; high-potential, low-risk, needs the minutes and trust.

I’m very excited about Rodney’s potential. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a player down Vale with such an explosive burst of pace. The way he blasted past the FGR defender for the first goal was a sight to behold. There is also potential in his shooting, as he strikes the ball with ferocious power. 

If he can improve his heading, positional play and fine tune his shooting, he will leave Vale for £1m plus. 

Advert

9 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Why can i literally not say anything in here without anyone calling me out

Possibly it's because, in my opinion and clearly others on here, you talk a fair bit of rubbish.  Your best post was your response to the team selection for Bolton:

"Whos scoring us a goal in that team 😂😂😂 literally laughable."

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Possinly it's because, in my opinion and clearly others on here, you talk a fair bit of rubbish.  Your best post was your response to the team selection for Bolton:

"Whos scoring us a goal in that team 😂😂😂 literally laughable."

Please highlight where i speak rubbish people seem to rather attack me rather than argue the points i make which i would happily have a discussion with people over. 

and yes before the game that line up didnt have many goals between then in the 11 that started before kick off on paper. 

i forgot you had a magic ball that tells you how many goals would be scored before kick off so you would of known that post was rubbish before a ball was even kicked. 

5 points from a possible 24 but that is no cause for concern or to be negative id argue that my negativity after the first couple of losses of this run has actually been proven to be correct. 

and after saturday will probably be 5 points from a possible 27 but only positivity is allowed after because we might play alright !!!

49 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought I just had.

I said i thought we would struggle to score with the team he selected how is that talking rubbish? Dont think anyone on here predicted we would score 6 so why not call everyone else up on there predictions? But mine is the only one to be talking rubbish apparently

Please highlight where i speak rubbish people seem to rather attack me rather than argue the points i make which i would happily have a discussion with people over. 

and yes before the game that line up didnt have many goals between then in the 11 that started before kick off on paper. 

i forgot you had a magic ball that tells you how many goals would be scored before kick off so you would of known that post was rubbish before a ball was even kicked. 

5 points from a possible 24 but that is no cause for concern or to be negative id argue that my negativity after the first couple of losses of this run has actually been proven to be correct. 
and after saturday will probably be 5 points from a possible 27 but only positivity is allowed after because we might play alright !!!

You keep saying 5 points out of 24 , this is the stat to fit your negative agenda.

The optimistic supporter would point towards its 5 points from a possible 9 and 4 games unbeaten in all competitions.

This run includes 2 wins and 2 draws.

also games against teams (cup game excluded) that are in the favourites for promotion.

The results have also shown an upturn in form and minus some poor finishing, we should have won all 4.

I think also the more measured fan can see that the team are now playing well, creating chances, defending slightly better (defo room for improvement although individual errors rather than a tactical issue)

The 5 games in a row defeated was awful, performances were poor and there was no pattern to the play. Very similar to last season this is improving game on game. We have a stronger squad and players that can come and perform compared to last year.

An under 23 young striker on loan would be exciting but other than that , we will be touching the playoffs come the end of the season.

You can either enjoy the football and the season . Or whinge yourself crazy and be confused as to why a 4th Division footballer isn’t scoring every week, or why he’s making the odd error... well it’s because he’s a 4th division footballer ... if he scored every week .. and didn’t make any errors, he would be in the championship or above.

I’m enjoying the football and all the debate it brings , but get behind your team and manager for now. If we. Finish 13-14th come April then maybe it’s time we look for a new approach. Enjoy brother and keep the faith

I don't think things are as bad as the most critical make out; but I also don't think things are as good as the most optimistic want to believe.

Things are alright; we're playing decently and still conceivably in touch with the playoffs. It's a question of whether 'alright' will suffice. 

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

No doubt Spurs fans are ruing chances missed this morning too, join the club. All part of football.

Goals will come. The defense concerns me. Can't pass. Too little pace to play so high with a goalkeeper who doesn't like coming off his line.

9 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

I said i thought we would struggle to score with the team he selected how is that talking rubbish? Dont think anyone on here predicted we would score 6 so why not call everyone else up on there predictions? But mine is the only one to be talking rubbish apparently

The problem people have i think is the fact that nearly every post you made you had said Askey out constantly and that was virtually it,of late you have actually been putting a bit more,then when we started playing better after that bad run you would post maybe once in a match thread instead of the usual 30 during a game in that bad run

55 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I don't think things are as bad as the most critical make out; but I also don't think things are as good as the most optimistic want to believe.

Things are alright; we're playing decently and still conceivably in touch with the playoffs. It's a question of whether 'alright' will suffice. 

Saturday will prove a lot to me against a Walsall side who are on the upturn after a bad run as well,they have won 3 and drawn 2 of their last 5,for me we really need a win there and build on that,its going to be a tough game that one and then we face 2 teams who have just ditched their managers so they might be on the new manager bounce as well

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

The problem people have i think is the fact that nearly every post you made you had said Askey out constantly and that was virtually it,of late you have actually been putting a bit more,then when we started playing better after that bad run you would post maybe once in a match thread instead of the usual 30 during a game in that bad run

And let’s not forget the gems of questioning what Worrall brings to the team as well. 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

I guess there comes a point where we just have to wait and see...🙂

19 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

First 8 games of the season he was awful? 

Yeah he had some below par games and in the end his class came through and he played his way through it. If memory serves me correctly it was during a game where he got an assist and had a good game where you were posting the same thing constantly about him. Someone quoted one of your Worrall posts during that game saying that it didn’t age well. 

At the end of the day some people prefer to be negative and post about the same things repetitively when things are going wrong. You specifically asked why people mention it about you and thats the reason why. It’s the same constant beating of the negative drum about a given topic. I suppose it makes the forum a more interesting place, it would be boring if we were all the same. 

Archived