onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

1 minute ago, vale victory said:

Someone put earlier in the thread about our performance in both boxes , that pretty much sums us up

No cutting edge , another night of not hitting the target and at the back both full backs are not up to it I’m afraid . Leon legge and smith are struggling for consistency also

We also seem to struggle to keep a lead more than 10 minutes , I think that’s the 4th game where we have taken the lead but surrender it easily and quickly

This January is very important if we are not to finish mid table

9 points in December before then.

Advert

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The question is not 'is Askey better than what we've had?', as I reckon a monkey in a Vale tracksuit would have been an improvement, but 'is Askey better than the current alternatives?'.

This is off topic but OK, "is Askey better than the current alternatives?"  And when you've answered that, please tell me why is it that fans always assume the next guy in the job will always be better?

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

I agree but this isnt one game this season is it. More like most games !! Thats a problem.

It wasn't one game that season either, but that one just stood out in my memory.

I think we ended up playing George O'Callaghan up front for a couple of games around that time (Wrexham on Boxing Day) because we literally had no-one to play alongside Naylor.

The defense needs to change, Askey keeps saying it... you won’t win if you keep conceding yet he is still doing the same things, picking the same players, playing the same way when defending....

And guess what... we still concede, he’s got to change it!

Legge needs a rest, we need a forward that can play in the centre week in week out... it really baffles me that he raves about Rodney, but then plays him on the wing... I get that injuries may mean he plays him out of position, but COME ON John Askey... last week you were saying playing central is his best position!!!! Play someone else out wide or play a different bloody formation....

Insanity every week... play the same way, get much the same result.

Yeah the performance was better, yeah we created loads of Chances... but again we didn’t win - 1 win in 9, it speaks for itself.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

This is off topic but OK, "is Askey better than the current alternatives?"  And when you've answered that, please tell me why is it that fans always assume the next guy in the job will always be better?

Its not about assuming that getting someone else in will automatically make us better because that is not a gurantee the question is can somebody else get more from this group of players personally i feel like they could. Is there someone out there that is more suited into turning us into a promotion side i think there more than likely is. There is a risk by changing it but personally think it would be worth taking that risk if the club is financially able too. We look a bang average league 2 outfit and are destined for a mid table finish of winning a game then dropping points in the next few then winning again. I think the recruitment has been dreadful this year. From what is sounds like we missed out on a lot of transfer targets this window and you have to question why that is. 

id love askey to make me eat my words and turn it around but i just dont see us putting in a run of results. We have so many players that perform well once in 5 games and to get out of this league thats not good enough. 

bolton are now ahead of us on points after there woeful start to the season it really highlights how bad we have been that after 18 games they are now ahead of us in the table. If we dont get a win in our 3 games remaining in 2020 i think carol has a big decision on her hands. With a transfer window is it a time to get someone new in and give them the opportunity to sign a few players and turn it around. Or back askey and get some more of his signings in which bar a couple have all turned out to be terrible. 

Tell you what we created and missed a lot of chances ,really enjoyed our display going forwards it was well worth the ten pounds as Forest Green were decent also .

I felt we deserved win that and we deserved win sat last night I see Leon Legge is the culprit for the loss of 3 points in most folks eyes well i will tell who's fault it was it was Conlons he tried to be clever and lost the ball they played a finely measured ball forwards and there goalscorer took it with aplomb .

ILL probably miss half the chances out but most of them were very good ones,Hurst ,Burgess Twice ,Conlon twice ,Amoo we played such good football  we deserved six by our name the fact we got one was in my opinion a travesty .

UTV 

Over the last few weeks i think Rodney has shown the player he will be,he has had some stick on here like he is a national league player at best which imo is an insult to him,yes he is raw but he has so much going for him and in his time at Vale he will prove a few wrong.

I enjoyed the game,end to end and over the last few games no one can deny that we have created that many chances its unbelievable,also played some cracking football at times(but you have to put the ball in the net and i believe that will come),we are just getting punished for a lack of concentration. I have enjoyed the football we are playing just need get a run of wins now and it has shown that they ARE playing for the manager.

9 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Legge seriously needs a rest now. He looks completely spent, he is just wellying the ball anywhere and it’s inviting pressure onto us. 

Personally i think Legge has been fantastic for us in his time here BUT i agree with you,i would like to see Brisley get a run in the team and not just an odd game,he needs a run of games

Pope was a major reason that there were so many chances and so much space for other players. Burgess, Conlon, Amoo and Rodney all wasted great opportunities to score. 

If Amoo hadn't been greedy, there was a tap in for Pope near the end but he chose to shoot and missed.

I still maintain that Pope and Rodney up front as a partnership would reap more rewards.

Hurst was excellent again tonight and, although he missed his one on one, it was a chance he created completely himself from nothing and he's worthy of his place in the side.

Conlon played really well but missed three or four really good chances and was it possibly him that gave away possession that led to their goal? 

If we keep playing like that, the wins will surely come again! 

Archived