onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

The worry is when we play the lower league teams it seems to fall to bits and we loose the game.  They sit back and just defend and Vale don't seem to know how to beat them.  Teams that want to attack we look good. 

The team is trying and you can't take that away from them, but we can't seem to take some of the easy chances.  Before someone says we scored 6 against Bolton.  Yes we did but that was a weird game and one off.  Things clicked in the team and that's the frustrating bit for the fans - they have shown us a glimpse of what they can produce.

The defence/midfield seem to still be celebrating a Vale goal and forget to defend and we find ourselves level pegged.

Yeah, still lots wrong, and I’ve had to lower my back expectations, and I definitely agree that we are terrible when playing against teams who are defensively set up, and I still think Askey’s summer recruitment of strikers was poor, Rodney apart. But... at least we’re not losing!

Advert

That was a high quality game of football from both teams and a joy to watch.

Our formation and starting line up was pretty good and considering Woz would usually play in the position that Burgess played and we've still got the likes of Amoo, Monty and Manny to pick from too, I'm feeling quite positive. 

1 - 1 against a good team is ok, although we still should have scored more but having Pope up front will start to turn results our way, assuming JA sticks with him now for a run of games. 

24 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

We're starting to look more non league than top 7 material. So many individual errors. Yes we missed chances but we have so many players that are lucky to be playing at a level this high

I have no faith in us keeping a clean sheet. Both central defenders were average. We have no pace in the back four. I'd rather see Mitch Clark in, Mills is not of league 2 standard

Very frustrating

Yes, I'd rather see Mitch Clark in but tonight Mills was left isolated on the right and overloaded by their attacks. That left Legge to come over, time after time, drawing him out of position, while our midfield left Mills to it. The sooner we get Gibbo back the better. 

34 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

So frustrating!@@@ had enough chances tonight to win 3 games. We desperately need a striker, but the most disappointing thing is, another long ball over the top and bang an equalizer. After I've calmed down I will realise that that was a good performance against one of the best teams in the league, but it feels like another 2 points thrown away. We look like a very good league 2 team, just the final piece of the jigsaw is missing.

I think there’s two pieces... the inability to keep the ball out of our net and the inability to stick it in the oppositions. Apart from that we’re fine.

Good evening fellow Valiants,

Well another game where the Valiants should've walked away with three points, yet didn't.

One has to say this is getting quite underwhelming now, one was under the impression that glory was going to be returning to the streets of Burslem in 2021. However, one now seems resigned to accept the fact that it will be another mediocre finish in in the fourth tier of English Football.

Does anyone still think John Colin Askey is the man to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem? If so, one would politely recommend the alcohol you are currently consuming to one's self as one does love a strong drop.

All the very best,

Jeff.

2 minutes ago, Jeff. said:

Well another game where the Valiants should've walked away with three points, yet didn't.

One has to say this is getting quite underwhelming now, one was under the impression that glory was going to be returning to the streets of Burslem in 2021. However, one now seems resigned to accept the fact that it will be another mediocre finish in in the fourth tier of English Football.

Does anyone still think John Colin Askey is the man to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem? If so, one would politely recommend the alcohol you are currently consuming to one's self as one does love a strong drop.

All the very best,

Jeff.

Sadly Askey can't be out there putting all these gifts away Jeff.  That' s the job of the players.

39 minutes ago, Moz said:

What rubbish. First, 1+2+6=9. Second, you could say 1W and 2D in the last three against fancied sides. Askey's our man and he'll be a success if we get behind him and the team.

Good evening Moz,

Hope you are well on this December evening.

As one's fine self still believes that John Colin Askey is the man to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem despite the Valiants flagging in the bottom half of the fourth tier of English Football. One would just like to know which alcoholic beverage one is consuming this evening? As stated previously, one does love a strong drop!

All the very best,

Jeff.

8 minutes ago, Jeff. said:

All the very best,

Jeff.

Sign me up. I absolutely believe he will, given time and backing.

Even if we only end up with mediocrity this season then that will be a couple of seasons that he has finished higher than all other triers in the previous decade.

You need to be careful what you are wishing for.

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

Yes which will leave us nowhere near the expected play off positions which I'm pretty sure would haven been mandated by the club before the season started. 

We will be not be anywhere near the playoffs with that defence. Starting to think a decent centre back is becoming more of a priority than a striker or midfielder.

Archived