onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Great work rate, changes created but again we can't put the ball in the back of the net or defend properly. Worrying thing is we are playing as well as we possibly can and we still can''t win.

Sorry Lost  1W 2D L6 in last 8 nowhere near go enough.  JA needs to be relieved of his duties sooner rather than later before this season is another write off.

What rubbish. First, 1+2+6=9. Second, you could say 1W and 2D in the last three against fancied sides. Askey's our man and he'll be a success if we get behind him and the team.

Advert

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t think it’s just a striker we need. The midfielders are god awful in front of goal 

I think Taylor was just in a purple patch for us and don't think he will ever score as many goals as he did for us last season no matter where he's playing his football. But you can only imagine that with last seasons version of him in our side, we would be a number of points better off.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Much better perfomance but they were there for the taking and i feel like its more points dropped when we could of closed in a on a play off spot with a win. Askeys failure to sign someone to stick the ball in the net is going to be our downfall and if there is any budget left we need to get someone proven in jan

FGR are an accomplished well drilled side, who were going to be hard to break down and it wasn't for the lack of effort tonight that we didn't score more, Askey signed two players who were the leading scorers at their respective clubs last season, it isn't as though they haven't created, it just didn't come off for us.

Considering the missing players I thought we did OK.

It could have been worse.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I think Taylor was just in a purple patch for us and don't think he will ever score as many goals as he did for us last season no matter where he's playing his football. But you can only imagine that with last seasons version of him in our side, we would be a number of points better off.

He wasn't in the Scunny squad again tonight.

We're starting to look more non league than top 7 material. So many individual errors. Yes we missed chances but we have so many players that are lucky to be playing at a level this high

I have no faith in us keeping a clean sheet. Both central defenders were average. We have no pace in the back four. I'd rather see Mitch Clark in, Mills is not of league 2 standard

Very frustrating

I'm not disheartened at all by what I've just watched. 4th game in a row where we've played well, been the better side and created not just chances but clear cut ones. In this game we were without 3 of our most creative players too in monty, manny and Worrall. Completely agree that we keep giving away silly goals though. Brown, for me, isn't decisive enough when it comes to commanding his area. I suspect Visser would have been out straight away and cleared that long ball.

If we keep playing as we are by and large the results will come. Rodney needs to play centrally for me.

Another game Vale played well and should have won, so frustrating.

We should be able to win games at home when scoring  just 1 goal never mind when we've scored 2 or 3.

Is it the large size of the Vale Park pitch that make it easier for the opposition to find space on the counter attack and punish Vale.

Great performance, we did defend fairly well as we did Saturday but again that one ball forward and a goal out of nothing.

We’ve battered them tonight and should be 4 points better off over the past few days. We will give someone a real pasting soon but we just lack composure in front of goal, Burgess should of had 2, Amoo 1 you’ve had one off the line.

Best team between the boxes but need to improve in both.

At least we are creating chances now though and law of averages will see us win games if that carries on.

Four unbeaten though is a positive after the losing streak.

Unbelievable misses from a number of players, yet again. Some of the build up play and interchanges were excellent,  which we should credit Askey for in the way we create these chances. Having done the hard part, you can't then legislate for players who for whatever reason haven't got the nous or composure to finish the job. I can't go along with some who say we're negative, when we're creating gilt-edged chances in nearly every game,  but it leaves us all massively frustrated when we continually shoot ourselves in the foot

Just now, Joe B said:

I do think that results are inevitably going to turn, if we keep creating as we are. 

It'll come. Question is, have we done too much damage in the last 6 weeks?

The team have shown what they can do at Bolton.  When it clicks (defence/midfield/up front) and lady luck is back on side, we will start winning comfortably as well.  The team need to start taking more of the chances they create and that will give them more confidence.

Archived