onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Taking the knee.

shian

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Perhaps,easier for the Guardian to interview one of the sixty players of the other four teams,who also decided not to take the knee last weekend.You know just to get the view of the majority of players.

Of course they won't do that will they?

Fairs fair,no double standards.

I genuinely don't get your point... when someone has their house broken into and they want to report on it they don't go and interview the other 10 houses in the street who weren't broken into.

I get that some people have a natural dislike to people showing solidarity to people subject to rasicm but this is an impressive stretch to discredit someone's thoughts and feelings.

FUA, do you dare answer the question everyone avoids on here.... Do you think there would be this much anger about a motion called Disabled lives matter?

Advert

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

There is irony in attacking the Mail for not showing balance whilst defending an article in the Guardian.

The Guardian is no better than The Mail for having an agenda, they are polar opposites but both are sources that should be dismissed as untrustworthy.

I didnt... It was pointed out the guardian doesn't have balance so I brought up the comparison. 

The original attack was on the guardian by someone who laps up the DM like its a cold beer on a sunny day.

19 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I didnt... It was pointed out the guardian doesn't have balance so I brought up the comparison. 

The original attack was on the guardian by someone who laps up the DM like its a cold beer on a sunny day.

Laps up the DM?

It's just that I can't take seriously a newspaper who printed this week that "the modern necktie remains one of the enduring symbols of white male supremacy".

Get rid of all your ties lads or you'll could be labelled a racist?👔

23 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Laps up the DM?

It's just that I can't take seriously a newspaper who printed this week that "the modern necktie remains one of the enduring symbols of white male supremacy".

Get rid of all your ties lads or you'll could be labelled a racist?👔

Did you read the article? I think the New Zealand parliament forcing a Maori man to wear a tie is pretty shameful. 

In December 2020 newly elected Māori Party co-leader Rawiri Waititi, on giving his “maiden” (another anachronistic term that requires interrogation) speech in parliament, removed his necktie after speaking about a tipuna (ancestor) who was wrongly convicted for a crime and put to death in 1865. Waititi told the House his tipuna’s last words in te reo (the Māori language) were, “Take the noose from around my neck so that I may sing my song.” Waititi finished his speech by saying he would “adorn myself with the treasures of my ancestors and remove the colonial noose around my neck so that I may sing my song”. Afterwards Speaker Mallard told Waititi that he would “indicate to him that the requirements for business attire will be applied to him before he is called to speak in this House again”.

Of course, that won't stop you getting all...

sddefault.jpg#404_is_fine

11 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Did you read the article? I think the New Zealand parliament forcing a Maori man to wear a tie is pretty shameful. 

Of course, that won't stop you getting all...

sddefault.jpg#404_is_fine

I never get that angry,like some.

The article by the way was amended on February 10th,to clarify the writers position that the necktie echoes the shape of the codpiece rather than it being derived from it.

I suggest that the best way round this is to have a vote on whether wearing a tie is compulsory or whether the shape is to be altered?

What do you think?

42 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I never get that angry,like some.

The article by the way was amended on February 10th,to clarify the writers position that the necktie echoes the shape of the codpiece rather than it being derived from it.

I suggest that the best way round this is to have a vote on whether wearing a tie is compulsory or whether the shape is to be altered?

What do you think?

Yeah, I know it's written at the bottom of the article where you copied and pasted it from.

I think the best way round this is to start having intelligent conversations rather then gleefully using it to bash a newspaper. I also think it's useful to not have some weird adverse reaction every time someone mentions white male privilege.

10 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yeah, I know it's written at the bottom of the article where you copied and pasted it from.

I think the best way round this is to start having intelligent conversations rather then gleefully using it to bash a newspaper. I also think it's useful to not have some weird adverse reaction every time someone mentions white male privilege.

Perhaps you should start that conversation by explaing exactly what white male privilege is?

9 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yes,I've tried to improve my copy and paste skills by using the Doha and Iron Curtain models.Excellent examples.👍

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I know, it's ridiculous isn't it? Forcing indigenous people to adopt the dress standards of the people who murdered their ancestors and stole their land. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

So, are you advocating the re-writing of every bit of histoy--good or bad?

2 hours ago, geosname said:

Perhaps you should start that conversation by explaing exactly what white male privilege is?

have a go on these for starters. although they're from the snowflake lefty liberal Daily Mail so take 'em with a pinch of salt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4222482/Stormzy-Chelsea-home-mistakenly-raided-police.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9075039/Courts-service-apologises-second-black-barrister-mistaking-defendant.html

although tbh even the DM's language there is trying to subtly undermine the black people in question.

then there's this from Robbie 

or are you gonna accuse him of playing  "the black card"?

Add to that how women have to be extra vigilant when walking home at night for fear of being attacked by men.

How high are you setting the threshold of evidence here?

Archived