onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Taking the knee.

shian

Advert

On 15/12/2020 at 23:39, Paul6754 said:

I would like to know how Time magazine and other left wing media in the USA calculated that number that came to that conclusion. Many people died,  some defending their livelihoods from looters, billions of dollars of property was destroyed, there were many picture of owners of family businesses sobbing on tv over the damage done. The BLM protests weren't peaceful, far from it.

https://thecritic.co.uk/the-myth-behind-blms-peaceful-protests/

There will always be bad actors in any large group of people and there will almost certainly be a small racist element in any police force (All ways) but the police work hard to eradicate such factions. Because of the prevalence of guns in the USA the only action for anyone of any ethnicity to ensure a good outcome is to comply with the instructions of a Police Officer and I can testify to that myself on the two times I have been stopped in my car. The Police make millions of stops over the course of a year and only a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction have a bad outcome.

Police brutality is not the leading cause of death for you male ethnic minorities in the US, there would be absolute, total and utter outrage if it was. The leading cause of death for black males up to the age of 44 is homicide and the majority of homicides are carried out by other black males not the police (data from different years but the pattern is repeated year on year) https://www.cdc.gov/healthequity/lcod/men/2017/nonhispanic-black/index.htmhttps://www.cdc.gov/healthequity/lcod/men/2017/nonhispanic-black/index.htm. The number of unarmed black males shot by the police in 2019 was 9, the number of unarmed white males was 20.

African Americans disproportionately commit more violent crime https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43. The biggest problem in the African-American community is considered to be a lack of a father in the home, the stats point to >75% of black kids grow up in a single parent household which leads to high drop out rates from school, a lack of money and poor behavior, what are BLM doing about this. I believe the stats for Chinese and White are in the 20-30% range.

Two of the founders said they were trained Marxists which resulted in the the goals/beliefs of BLM being left wing/Marxist. However, if you look on their website now some have been removed likely due to sponsors and people turning away from the organization.

In the USA over 60% of African Americans are described as middle class and are prominent in many fields such as senior government jobs, lawyers, tv anchors, actors, doctors, nurses etc as well as sports people. An African American was president for 8 years.

Will Whit was the interviewer, the person providing the information was Heather MacDonald who is an extremely well respected person in this field. You should take a look at black people like Thomas Sowell, larry Elder, Candice Own and Carol Swain as well as many others who have a totally different view from the Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons on the issues facing African Americans and BLM. 

Racism exists, there's work to be done but BLM is not the way forward IMHO. What concrete actions has BLM taken to change the lives of black people in the 6 years since it's inception, you will be hard pressed to find any tangible actions. Where is the money going?

Agree 100%

A man who has been stopped by police in London dozens of times although he has never been found guilty of any offence, says he plans to sue them for “severe racial profiling”.

Ryan Colaço, 31, hit the headlines after posting footage on social media about two police stop-and-search incidents that happened in quick succession. The first took place on 23 May in Northumberland Park in north London when he said Metropolitan police officers “aggressively tailgated” him. Police said they could smell cannabis from his car but none was found.

The second took place less than a week later on 29 May, when he was driving home from an interview at Channel 4 about the first incident. He was stopped by City of London police, who accused him of “dashing stuff up in his waistband”. He said officers smashed his car window, forcefully removed him from his car, handcuffed him, drug tested him and took him to a police station where he was strip-searched and held for 12 hours. Nothing was found.

He made complaints to both forces and the Independent Office for Police Conduct, which directed City of London police to carry out their own investigation into the incident.

The force exonerated themselves in their investigation and found the level of service provided was acceptable apart from the condition his car was in when they returned it to him, for which they have apologised.

Colaço has spoken out about what he believes to be racial profiling by the police at a time when new research from University College London has found that young black men in London are 19 times more likely to be stopped than the general population.

In the latest incident where Colaço was stopped and searched in Trinity Church Square in Southwark in south London on 29 September, he said he was accused by police of having made a “sudden turn” but he said he had not seen the police at that point. He was again handcuffed, searched and stood against a wall.

He was told he was being searched for stolen property but none was found. He was then told he was driving with illegal number plates on his car and was issued with a fixed penalty notice for this alleged offence.

He took the plates into Forest Gate police station and filmed officers there confirming that the plates were legal.

On 16 October he received a letter from MPS saying that the fixed penalty had been cancelled and no further action would be taken against him.

“I have never been involved with drugs in my life and I have never broken the law,” he said. “I’m always polite to the police but I still get treated in this way.

“I work as a film location manager so need to drive for my work. I want to sue the police because I have lost faith in the police complaints procedure. Police should not investigate themselves.

“It’s extremely stressful to keep getting stopped like this and it makes it difficult for me to carry on with my daily life. I keep my car tip-top and there’s no reason for the police to keep stopping me.”

A MPS spokesperson said: “Due to the manner of his driving Mr Colaço was stopped by officers on Tuesday 29 September in Trinity Church Square, SE1. Upon engaging with him, officers formed reasonable grounds to suspect Mr Colaço was in possession of prohibited items and conducted a search.

“No prohibited items were found and Mr Colaço was able to continue on his way. Following this interaction, and having been made aware of footage circulating on social media, the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards reached out to Mr Colaço to discuss the encounter. No formal complaint has since been received.”

----------------------------------------

I hope he wins his claim.

Take away, for a moment, the colour of the man's skin. The police abused their powers, investigated themselves, aquitted themselves and continued to act in the same manner.

The man's skin colour adds another dimension to the abuse of police powers. It does not detract, nor should it divert from the abuse. Fix the abuse and the racial element becomes irrelevant in this instance.

On 18/12/2020 at 15:16, Coyney Valiant said:

Does anybody know what happened to the policeman who battered the young lad on his head with a truncheon in Barnsley before the match with Sheffield weds the last I heard he’d been suspended on full pay prior to an investigation ( by the police)

Promoted, and recommend for the Queens Gallentry Medal I shouldn't wonder, for seeing off a young lad who had been repeatedly head-butting the Officers truncheon.

On 18/12/2020 at 17:23, Warren said:

The knee protesting is a political protest. I disagree with the FA and Premier League et al. Black Lives Matters is a mono cultural USA based political movement. That is what it says on the website. So fans buy tickets to watch football games. Taking the knee is a service they have not paid for. Like many other fans I don't want to see this protest and I don't want to be expected to support it.

I will support the Kick it Out movement because that is multi cultural and politically non partisan. The players are employees of a football club. Therefore if the players are permitted or encouraged to protest this must be clear at the point of sale of tickets. A secondary service of political protest is being offered for sale. Fans who don't like that can then decline to buy tickets and attend games. I think come next season it is important Port Vale makes its position clear before season ticket sales go ahead. 

😂😂😂😂😂

Stupidest post of the year award gets a last min entrant!

”a secondary service”

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus wept that’s funny!

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/12/2020 at 11:23, Warren said:

The knee protesting is a political protest. I disagree with the FA and Premier League et al. Black Lives Matters is a mono cultural USA based political movement. That is what it says on the website. So fans buy tickets to watch football games. Taking the knee is a service they have not paid for. Like many other fans I don't want to see this protest and I don't want to be expected to support it.

I will support the Kick it Out movement because that is multi cultural and politically non partisan. The players are employees of a football club. Therefore if the players are permitted or encouraged to protest this must be clear at the point of sale of tickets. A secondary service of political protest is being offered for sale. Fans who don't like that can then decline to buy tickets and attend games. I think come next season it is important Port Vale makes its position clear before season ticket sales go ahead. 

Just read this. Excellent post . Well said that man. 

Big fan of OVF making it clear this thread was dead, and then 4 weeks later Houston Valiant, supporter of Trump, who has just been impeached for inciting a riot against democracy that killed several (which he's kept very quiet on), felt the need to revive it so he could make his voice clear about football players kneeling. Storming the Capitol and killing police officers is sound, but don't you dare kneel before a game of football for 8 seconds.

The bloke has less issue with policeman being killed doing their job than he does with Tom Conlon kneeling for 8 seconds. The level of cognitive dissonance as a consequence of deep-rooted biases is astounding. It's worrying.

Been very quiet on the Trump thread, mate, but quite happy to share your opinions on this. Wonder why? 

159511808_Screenshot2021-01-16at10_19_15.thumb.png.c2ee2b69b8a3c7ac8225ec258ccf0e42.png

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Big fan of OVF making it clear this thread was dead, and then 4 weeks later Houston Valiant, supporter of Trump, who has just been impeached for inciting a riot against democracy that killed several (which he's kept very quiet on), felt the need to revive it so he could make his voice clear about football players kneeling. Storming the Capitol and killing police officers is sound, but don't you dare kneel before a game of football for 8 seconds.

The bloke has less issue with policeman being killed doing their job than he does with Tom Conlon kneeling for 8 seconds. The level of cognitive dissonance as a consequence of deep-rooted biases is astounding. It's worrying.

Been very quiet on the Trump thread, mate, but quite happy to share your opinions on this. Wonder why? 

Don't expect much in the vein of a rational answer.

djnSWEM.png

Archived