January transfer window

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

It's not Sproson. His agent is Stellar Football Ltd., whoever they are.

They were Gareth Bales agent when he went to Real Madrid.

They were also Steve Mcphee’s agent when it went from Vale to Portugal for no fee

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Surely the only way you improve is by playing?

To an extent. But he's clearly shown he's nowhere good or consistent enough to warrant a place in the side every week when he has had chances. Not to say that some of his performances aren't 'alright'.

Edited by TylerB

Swan looks a good signing, if we are beating off competition from Ipswich then it can only be a good sign.

Know absolutely nothing about the young lad from hudds, good luck to the both of them.

Advert:

48 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

the best kept secret since d day. is sproson his agent?😜:drink::hi:

This lazy kind of remark keeps cropping up, despite how wide-ranging signings have been, over the last decade, or so. Wonder how many of our recent players have been Sproson's? Not many!

• Confused 1

In unrelated news, I see Accrington are up to their old tricks again signing a 26 year old midfielder from Southport on a 2.5 year deal.

Their recruitment always looks bizarre but tends to work out well!

Definition of 'outside the box' comes to mind with some of the players they recruit!

1 hour ago, rayzer said:

Doesn't Robinson realise that if he just sits on his back side picking his wages up then when his contract is up with the Vale he will have no chance of getting another club. The way the game is going with bringing squad sizes down, no one will take a chance on a player who has hardly played over the previous two years and to at all for the last 18 months. Assuming he sits  on his back side until the end of his contract.

The guy is 32 years old. If he sits on his rear until the end of his contract he will be nearly 34. Doubt he cares too much, nobody else will pay him his Vale wage elsewhere. 

He seems to like doing nothing if you consider his contributions in vale games. 

Any whispers of outgoings?  We’ve not really signed a replacement for Legge.  I guess if we’re safe in mid table the young recruits will have some game time.  Other than that I’m not so sure, unless one or the other comes off the bench and really makes his mark.  That or injuries.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

In unrelated news, I see Accrington are up to their old tricks again signing a 26 year old midfielder from Southport on a 2.5 year deal.

Their recruitment always looks bizarre but tends to work out well!

Definition of 'outside the box' comes to mind with some of the players they recruit!

We signed our fair share of baffling non league names, particularly under Aspin. Difference is, ours were poorly scouted crap....with the exception of Manny. 

• Like 1

Just now, TJHValiant said:

We signed our fair share of baffling non league names, particularly under Aspin. Difference is, ours were poorly scouted crap....with the exception of Manny. 

Only when Manny is fit.  The rest of the time he is injured.  😉

Just now, PVFC764 said:

Only when Manny is fit.  The rest of the time he is injured.  😉

Indeed. Very sad. He could easily have had a career in the Champ if it wasn’t for his desperate injury record. 

Is he made of glass, or is it simply a chronic problem that will always resurface? 

Just now, boslemportvale91 said:

Surprised no one has put a cheeky bid in for Conlon yet. Relieved as well , one of the better players by a mile 

You know depends. I don’t think any player would be released for peanuts but a few hundred thou or so for anyone may be useful to helping the right manager mould a stronger team.

Nobody will be bidding for our transfer listed duo of McKirdy and Robinson mind....

Advert:

Seem to be two highly rated (by their clubs and fanbase) young players. I'd much rather us take a chance on lads with potential than a couple of old farts than can't get on the pitch without a Zimmer Frame.

• Like 2

Cannot understand the Sproson bashing on this site. He was a tremendous servant to our club. Ok he may bull up his own portfolio of players. But surely we have obtained decent players in the past because of his involvement, and like a number of retired Vale players he gets criticised for his commentating on RS.

• Like 3