January transfer window

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

He can still offer Vale a decent outlet if he's used properly. A clever player ,who has more to his game than just playing hoofball to him.He needs a Dodds type of player  to play off him.Admittedly T

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

In my opinion, ideally, the signings (particularly the defender) should be experienced players, or if not, players for the future. These are neither. If they were signed pre-season, all well and good. But we're still looking anxiously at the bottom of the table and I don't think a defender whose sole experience of professional football is 70 minutes in a home defeat to a team a league below them is what's required. That ok with you?

As I said, best of luck to whoever we sign.

Here we go moan moan moan 

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

In my opinion, ideally, the signings (particularly the defender) should be experienced players, or if not, players for the future. These are neither. If they were signed pre-season, all well and good. But we're still looking anxiously at the bottom of the table and I don't think a defender whose sole experience of professional football is 70 minutes in a home defeat to a team a league below them is what's required. That ok with you?

Deadline day isn't over yet tbf

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

More than fine with me sounds like just what we need. Much prefer us signing lads like this than journeymen 

You make me laugh.

One min a young CB from the championship isn’t enough and we need to be doing more... next min it’s just what we need!

Nowt a queer as folk!!

C8E28D5E-C44A-4E59-BB3E-0A6F9B7250A2.jpeg

• Confused 1

Legge's experienced. That hasn't done us much good this season. For all we know, this guy could have more talent in his little toe than all of our other CBs combined.

So who would have been a realistic CB signing this window who would have satisfied your expectations?

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

You make me laugh.

One min a young CB from the championship isn’t enough and we need to be doing more... next min it’s just what we need!

Nowt a queer as folk!!

If you read the post properly...

I meant enquiring wasn’t enough! Not the fact that we’re signing a defender from the championship. Bore off numpty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

You make me laugh.

Nowt a queer as folk!!

Tbf he might of meant that we need to do more than just enquire about a player

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, osprey said:

Maybe it should be Spro —-son ?

Tony Gubba already did that, in the Match Of The Day commentary of the Spurs FA Cup win - "SPROSSon, 2-0!"

....maybe, that's it - Phil has been peed off about it ever since and thought, f*ck it - I'm going to do the same to other players! 😆

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 1

I’m happy with the signing. The main reason we needed a centre half was cover for Smith and Crookes with Brisley out injured. Doubt he’ll play much. And his age means no deregistering others, and since he’s on loan from a championship club it’s also possible they’re covering some of his wages, so probably fairly cheap too.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

If you read the post properly...

I meant enquiring wasn’t enough! Not the fact that we’re signing a defender from the championship. Bore off numpty 

I’m guessing most, if not all signing start with an enquiry.

Its transfer deadline day... pointing out we need to do more than just enquire seemed like an unnecessary moan.  

Have a bit of positivity... it will do you the world of good! Swan next... rapid goal scorer! Goooooarn!

Unless he's wonder kid I doubt if Mustapha, who's made one start at Huddersfield, will be starting for us. Looks just like a back up signing. So, it looks like Smith and Conlon away at Tranmere on Satdee. Mmmm...

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

Unless he's wonder kid I doubt if Mustapha, who's made one start at Huddersfield, will be starting for us. Looks just like a back up signing. So, it looks like Smith and Conlon away at Tranmere on Satdee. Mmmm...

If he does play om Saturday he's in for a baptism of fire against Vaughan