January transfer window

33 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Rumours going round that the striker we’re trying to bring in is Will Swan from Nottingham Forest. He’s just signed a new contact there and has been on the bench a few times, so must be highly thought of. 

Ipswich were very keen on him too apparently. Just watched a video from their fans talking about him and describe him as a "Goal Getter" and "Pacey"

Smart bit of business with him under the age cap.

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

It might be against conventional wisdom on here but I do hope we can offload Legge and Cullen. To me both players will just be a drain on resources. I would also re-register Robinson with a young loan striker signing too.

Not heard any rumours about CB which is a little concerning although I'm sure Sproey is working hard to find one for us.😀

Expecting a few players to be realised from contracts this week so maybe an opportunity for an experienced pro somewhere after the transfer deadline.

Advert:

1 minute ago, MBE said:

It might be against conventional wisdom on here but I do hope we can offload Legge and Cullen. To me both players will just be a drain on resources. I would also re-register Robinson with a young loan striker signing too.

Not heard any rumours about CB which is a little concerning although I'm sure Sproey is working hard to find one for us.😀

Expecting a few players to be realised from contracts this week so maybe an opportunity for an experienced pro somewhere after the transfer deadline.

Can someone clarify the registration thing?

Can players be registered after today? Or is the 22 final now until the next window?

10 minutes ago, MBE said:

Robinson cannot be re-registered once de-registered 

Edited by Wise Owl
Error

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can someone clarify the registration thing?

Can players be registered after today? Or is the 22 final now until the next window?

I was under the impression that once the window has 'slammed shut' clubs then have to announce their squad for the remainder of the season (although not sure what the timescale is between the window closing and the squad list being registered).

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I was under the impression that once the window has 'slammed shut' clubs then have to announce their squad for the remainder of the season (although not sure what the timescale is between the window closing and the squad list being registered).

Ok, that would make sense. 

That would imply if McKirdy, Robinson, Legge, Cullen etc aren't fixed up today, then we're lumbered with their wages till the summer, or have to pay them off?

Advert:

3 hours ago, JRC said:

This is based on nothing but a name. Jack Vale has been given the green light for a league 2 loan by Blackburn. Young striker Vale joins Vale has a headline ring to it!

So if he signs for another club, I could go to watch vale, at vale park, and only vale scored, and vale still lose. Only at vale. 

Edited by Andyregs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Ok, that would make sense. 

That would imply if McKirdy, Robinson, Legge, Cullen etc aren't fixed up today, then we're lumbered with their wages till the summer, or have to pay them off?

Whether we pay them off or pay them until the end of their contracts I suspect it's the same amount of money.

6 minutes ago, Wise Owl said:

Robinson cannot be re-registered once de-registered 

Didn't know that. Its a <ovf censored> rule.

• Haha 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Then again i said reports suggest what i meant was UV said Oldham had signed Legge 🙂 

I hope that suggests we have another CB lined up.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Barrow are rumoured to be interested in Cullen, and now they need a striker to replace Dior

Good point! I forgot about that. Am I right in thinking Cullen has links with Barrow?