January transfer window

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I take it his performances in a Vale shirt impressed you then?

Where did I say that?????  You have a vivid imagination!

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Thomas Scott signed until the end of the season.

20 year old GK, previously with Man City.

I've seen this lad play.  He was in the Man City U21 team that hammered Crewe 4-1 in the Trophy a couple of seasons ago.  Can't remember a thing about him mind!

I've seen this lad play.  He was in the Man City U21 team that hammered Crewe 4-1 in the Trophy a couple of seasons ago.  Can't remember a thing about him mind!

He let 1 in !
  • Haha 1

Not even got a Wiki page. Terrible signing !!!

In all seriousness i've not seen Visser as i don't bother with the Kebab Pizza Burger trophy but by all accounts he has done okay.

However he never struck me as the heir to Brown. Sad that Visser is injured obviously but let us hope we have stumbled upon a good one here.

Welcome Tom lad. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Pugh claims that Legge is still registered, which would indicate I am wrong.

Guess we will wait and see.

"As is stands, Leggey is still in the 22"

It would fit the pattern that has already happened of one in, one out...

• Taylor signed / McKirdy deregistered
  • Guthrie signed / Robinson deregistered
  • If a new CB signs then presumably it will be Legge who is deregistered to free up the space

However, it certainly doesn't make sense to deregister Legge now when we don't need to free up a space in the squad. That said, not much has made sense in recent weeks... 😉

• Like 1

Pugh claims that Legge is still registered, which would indicate I am wrong.
Guess we will wait and see.
"As is stands, Leggey is still in the 22"
Talk of decisions being made about the 22 at the end of the month. No real explanation as to why he was not in the 18 on Saturday. Makes Sinclair's comments absolutely bizarre.
Then again, I don't quite believe the 'rugby denial' of last week. 

Maybe the club are after someone - if they deregister Leon now and don’t get the target, then that would put us in a mess.

Never heard of him; probably a good thing! He’s the exact kind of player I think we should be signing. Can’t be that bad if he’s been at Man City. Short deal to prove himself. There’s no bad side to the deal for the club. Trials at two championship clubs as well. Welcome and good luck

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

Advert:

I like the profile of the goalkeeper signing. Under age so not going to affected the squad registration but signed until the end of the season so we can get a really good look at him.

Keepers from the top teams tend be very god with the ball at the feet.....just saying😀

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Never heard of him; probably a good thing! He’s the exact kind of player I think we should be signing. Can’t be that bad if he’s been at Man City. Short deal to prove himself. There’s no bad side to the deal for the club. 

I take it you don’t remember the world beating Alex Nimely then? 😉

14 minutes ago, efsb said:

Maybe the club are after someone - if they deregister Leon now and don’t get the target, then that would put us in a mess.

I think Leon's contract is the problem. He clearly doesn't have another season in him and I think he's in the cusp of earning another 12 month extension based on appearances. Its a good move by Vale.

Even in the short term for tomorrow I wonder if we would re-register Robinson as I think we are very short up front with Rodney and Pope injured plus Cullen can no way play tomorrow and Saturday.

I think we are trying to get someone in - we desperately need it at CB with or without Leon in the squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

I think Leon's contract is the problem. He clearly doesn't have another season in him and I think he's in the cusp of earning another 12 month extension based on appearances. Its a good move by Vale.

Even in the short term for tomorrow I wonder if we would re-register Robinson as I think we are very short up front with Rodney and Pope injured plus Cullen can no way play tomorrow and Saturday.

I think we are trying to get someone in - we desperately need it at CB with or without Leon in the squad.

If we re-register Robinson we will have to de-register another player won't we?

Advert:

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Where did I say that?????  You have a vivid imagination!

Your post seemed to imply ‘everyone but me’

the lad has obviously improved / shown more than he did when he was here

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If we re-register Robinson we will have to de-register another player won't we?

If Visser is de-registered then there will be a space in the 22 as Scott would not take up a place given his age.  Unclear whether Visser injury likely to be season ending?

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Never heard of him; probably a good thing! He’s the exact kind of player I think we should be signing. Can’t be that bad if he’s been at Man City. Short deal to prove himself. There’s no bad side to the deal for the club. Trials at two championship clubs as well. Welcome and good luck

It is the direction Carol wants the club to take,younger prospects in the hope to blood them in to the first team