January transfer window

16 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Speaking for myself I’ve heard the issues with Mckirdey from more than one player. The fact he’s been deregistered when we know he has something to offer in this league says it all. 

I think there was undoubted workplace tension between McKirdy and Askey, which occurs at every single football club, from Man City to Leek Town, on a weekly basis when a player with an ego isn't picked. 

However, I still struggle to truly grasp with the more outlandish rumours that have been peddled.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think there was undoubted workplace tension between McKirdy and Askey, which occurs at every single football club, from Man City to Leek Town, on a weekly basis when a player with an ego isn't picked. 

However, I still struggle to truly grasp with the more outlandish rumours that have been peddled.

Maybe Askey took the hump with the fall out they had and just wrote him off as a bad job? 

33 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Maybe Askey took the hump with the fall out they had and just wrote him off as a bad job? 

I think McKirdy is probably a right pain, and not as good as he thinks he is. I think he probably fell out with Askey regarding playtime and role.

However, some have put forward all sorts of theories about coaches, staff, and players, which I don't really buy.

Kirdy needs to work harder no matter where he plays or what system he's played in. Attackers need to defend in the modern game once he accepts this he will be a very good player

• Like 1

Advert:

48 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Theo has been de-listed after we've signed Guthrie.

I'm a little surprised by that decision. If we play 2 up front I thought Robinson would be a good partner getting him running in the channels as a backup to Rodney and Guthrie.

Cullen can't string 5 games together without an injury  - I would have de-registered him and let him find another club. It's highly unlikely we would persist with him beyond this season anyway.

I think Whitehead is lucky too, probably more down to our other Mr Glass. If Manny can't get at least 12 games between now and the end of the season then he should be another one released at the end of the season.

• Like 1

I dont think Robinson has been given much of a chance in a 442 but sitting on a 2yr deal if he isn't going to play when all are fit then lets find someone take him on(no doubt he will bang them in if he goes somewhere else)

• Like 1

The thing now is that i do think one or two more will come in BUT in they aren't u21 then it is who will you de-register? i guess Whitehead would be next choice for me or even Manny if never fit(although when fit can we afford to not have him? i would sooner have someone who is going give us 35-40 games a season)

Advert:

The thing now is that i do think one or two more will come in BUT in they aren't u21 then it is who will you de-register? i guess Whitehead would be next choice for me or even Manny if never fit(although when fit can we afford to not have him? i would sooner have someone who is going give us 35-40 games a season)
I'd keep Manny if he could only manage 20 games a season, as his quality in those 20 would be head and shoulders above anyone else. Whitehead could easily give us 35-40 games a season, but you wouldn't want that would you?! Obviously, if we could get a player of mannys quality who isn't injury prone it's a no brainer, but then again that player wouldn't be in league 2 would he?
  • Like 1

I think at this rate, it is inevitable that Pugh is given till May, partly to save funds whilst the club has no income (which is fine).

I hope we use this opportunity to sort out the recruitment department. Go to one of the clever clubs (Brentford, Barnsley, Peterborough, Accrington, Forest Green) and pluck one of their lads with the chance to overhaul how we do things here. Bring the analytics, contacts, and ideas with him. Proper shake up. Have a clear strategy that starts in the boardroom. Get the entire club to buy into it.

Hit the ground running in the summer, overhauling the squad, trimming the old boys and the deadwood, and ensuring the disaster of last summer doesn't happen again. We have all sorts of 'directors' but I still feel recruitment needs some proper direction and innovation. We can't afford another season of '27-31 year old backups released by fellow League 2 clubs, alongside panic signings when first choices fall through/players leave, all reliant on agent links/who the manager is aware of'. We're paying the price for that now, with what looks like a proper mid-table squad, full of players who have no business being in a playoff side.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

I fear for Manny’s career tbh. The latest surgery was do or die and he still can’t get a run of games. Also, contrary to what some others think, I think it takes him 4 or 5 games to get back in his stride when he does come back. I’d be very tempted with a heavy heart to let him go IF a decent centre half was available.

I’m sorry and I don’t really want to say it but we have to replace manny in the summer

It’s like having a mclaren in the garage but everytime you take it out of the garage it conks out , eventually you get rid for something more reliable

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vale victory said:

I’m sorry and I don’t really want to say it but we have to replace manny in the summer

It’s like having a mclaren in the garage but everytime you take it out of the garage it conks out , eventually you get rid for something more reliable

Alternatively, we could offer him the sort of contract that Andy Carroll is on at Newcastle - fourpence a week but a sensible wage if he plays.  Don't know if he would accept that mind but his fitness record suggests he may struggle for a club elsewhere if released.

• Like 4

Advert:

I don't understand what is going on with Oyeleke.

I thought he had a major hamstring operation last year to sort out the problem and get him 100% fit for this year.

But aren't his injuries different ones now?

It's a crying shame but we can't go on like this and we need to grasp the nettle.

We have 3-4 lads who are prone to injury:  Amoo, Monty, Manny and Cullen.

We simply can't afford to keep all 4 and will have to think carefully about what we do in the summer. I like them all but we just don't have unlimited funds for players who are not fit. I know it isn't their fault. I know they want to play. I get that. But a club our size can't carry 4 players. I'd keep 2/4 and look elsewhere.

• Like 1

I thought that when Manny came he was more athletic. When I saw at Walsall away last season he seems to have bulked up and not as mobile. I to would let Manny go as I don’t feel that  he’s reached the potential that I believed that he was going offer us. 

12 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I don't understand what is going on with Oyeleke.

I thought he had a major hamstring operation last year to sort out the problem and get him 100% fit for this year.

But aren't his injuries different ones now?

It's a crying shame but we can't go on like this and we need to grasp the nettle.

We have 3-4 lads who are prone to injury:  Amoo, Monty, Manny and Cullen.

We simply can't afford to keep all 4 and will have to think carefully about what we do in the summer. I like them all but we just don't have unlimited funds for players who are not fit. I know it isn't their fault. I know they want to play. I get that. But a club our size can't carry 4 players. I'd keep 2/4 and look elsewhere.

Just Monty for me as he can slot into any position on the left and capable of getting a goal. However we must improve our recruitment, last summer was nothing short of a disaster, the only positive signing was Devante IMO. Robinson and Mckirdy both de selected and were only half way through the season. Not good