January transfer window

What I don't understand is if we looked at Jake Taylor's record at Scunthorpe, it wasn't good, yet he's viewed as a 'great signing' for what he did at other clubs (us).

Yet people are looking at Guthrie's Bradford record and instantly writing him off, with his record at other clubs (Stevenage/Colchester) being ignored.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

We have signed players that have blossomed and equally those that have failed badly.

The deal timing seems good and he has experience st this level. I will wait and see/ hope that it turns out positive.

welcome Kurtis to the club....... now go on and prove your worth and at least put in 100%.

• Like 2

Just now, osprey said:

The thing with strikers is that it isn't necessarily the striker himself that makes it work at a club, its also who they are playing with and the system. That's why they can be good at one club but not another. 

Lets hope Guthrie clicks at the Vale 

Spot on. Scores a lot of headers from this video - Worrall is a creative phenomenon - Can't wait to see them hopefully link up. 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

What I don't understand is if we looked at Jake Taylor's record at Scunthorpe, it wasn't good, yet he's viewed as a 'great signing' for what he did at other clubs (us).

Yet people are looking at Guthrie's Bradford record and instantly writing him off, with his record at other clubs (Stevenage/Colchester) being ignored.

Who is instantly writing him off based on his Bradford record?

It seems largely positive to me. Unless you're reading something I'm missing, Vale fans are reacting to his normally; optimistic, with a degree of caution as he's had a rough time. That's normal.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

Supporters have no idea, its all these computer games that give them the false idea that they understand the game, look how stupid Rotherham supporters look now, what did they say about Tom Pope ? 

Advert:

More I think about it, the more I like this signing.

I do think Guthrie has been a tad overrated by some Vale fans in the past due to his good performances against us, but with the likelihood that Pope is done for the season (or for a while at least), and with Cullen and Robinson unreliable for various reasons, signing a player who has at least performed competently at this level on a 6 month deal is a fairly wise move.

You see the vitriol levelled at him from Bradford fans and know he'll be keen to show he's nowhere near as poor as they make out. Best case, he bags 6-8 goals and kickstarts his career. Worse case, he's as bad as they say and we let him go, having lost little, in the summer.

Quite like the fact he's finessed them of 3-4k a week. I don't like Bradford. Turn up, secure the bag, not bother, and then dip to help the Tricky Whites assault the playoffs, leaving them in the financial sh!tter and scrapping to stay in the league, crying bitterly as they purchase zimmerframes for Donaldson and Novak to limp through to 19th. Up the Guthrie, imo.

Edited by Joe B

I propose in time honoured OVF tradition we hang the lad first, and then we can pat ourselves on the back if he fails at a later stage.

After all, surely better do that and be proved right rather than have someone prosper in our side?

Good age and size - had some success in lower leagues and we are only committed till the summer so not a major gamble.  

wasn’t a certain T Pope around this age with a pitiful goal return at Rotherham who mocked his signing also.  Didn’t turn out too bad!

think I’ll put myself in the optimistic camp.

Up The Vale!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I propose in time honoured OVF tradition we hang the lad first, and then we can pat ourselves on the back if he fails at a later stage.

This doesn't happen! Stop perpetuating this myth! 

There's more posts about hypothetical negative posts on here than there are actually negative posts! More contrived annoyance at something that doesn't exist, than the actual target of the annoyance! 

Everyone is positive! Read this page!

Am I going nuts?!

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Pleased with this signing. Especially with Popey out. Given us the run around a few times and we have players who can play to his strengths. 

Good luck Kurtis. Valiants will support you if you simply play as well as you can every game. Maybe we have "found" that elusive big lad up front to excite us all? Give him a chance!

He looked sharp in the box from the video and many headers scored were when he was under pressure. Penalties scored to both corners and a bit of pace.

Spot on. Scores a lot of headers from this video - Worrall is a creative phenomenon - Can't wait to see them hopefully link up. 

All from this page alone

Posters: 'Welllll, the moaners are out again. Let me break down their idiocy. Those blimin' moaners. Sick of the doom mongerers on here. Load of thickos, if you ask me. Classic OVF, am I right fellas?' 
Edited by Joe B

Advert:

Vale fans. So, so negative. OVF is a cesspit of hate. Write players off before they play. Never happy. 1389402118_Screenshot2021-01-15at13_50_59.thumb.png.9f1f84dcdae8f3bbc93b7bcd15870867.png

Edited by Joe B

37 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Who is instantly writing him off based on his Bradford record?

It seems largely positive to me. Unless you're reading something I'm missing, Vale fans are reacting to his normally; optimistic, with a degree of caution as he's had a rough time. That's normal.

I found out we'd signed him on FB, where there were a lot of negative comments and then people slagging off the negative comments!