January transfer window

Lets give Kurtis Guthrie a chance and welcome. Personally i think both Jake and Kurtis are positive signings and both have a good proportion of pedigree and quality. It is indeed positive news after all the negativity over the last month or so. Three points now at Forest Green tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

The comments on the vale twitter announcement are probably the worst comments ive ever seen for a new player joining a club every single on of them saying how bad he is and good luck willing to give the bloke a chance but could this be yet another woeful signing by the club

Can see the headlines now for his unveiling: 

“Vale fans in writing-new-signing-off-before-he’s-even-kicked-a-ball-shocker”

We really are horrendous, slag our own players off who are established, slag our homegrown lads off and also our new signings. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

We really are horrendous, slag our own players off who are established, slag our homegrown lads off and also our new signings. 

Im on about other clubs fans going onto our announcement n commenting

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

The comments on the vale twitter announcement are probably the worst comments ive ever seen for a new player joining a club every single on of them saying how bad he is and good luck willing to give the bloke a chance but could this be yet another woeful signing by the club

Bradford fans aren't the brightest.

The same thing would happen if someone signs Theo Robinson from us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Bradford fans aren't the brightest.

The same thing would happen if someone signs Theo Robinson from us.

Hahaha thats the worrying thing because that would be justified 

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Vale fans are very low-IQ when it comes to striker signings.

They go straight to Wikipedia to check his scoring history, and if he hasn't scored 40 goals a season every single year since turning pro then they instantly write him off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Vale fans are very low-IQ when it comes to striker signings.

They go straight to Wikipedia to check his scoring history, and if he hasn't scored 40 goals a season every single year since turning pro then they instantly write him off.

I think I've seen one person on here criticise the signing?

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Is this truly representative, though?

Or do people just love to pretend Vale fans are all big moaners?

It's a scant minority - stop making mountains.

Advert:

The moaning about moaning cycle begins again.

Football, a game of opinions, leads to a few, very sparse criticisms. One or two fans, objectively, point to Bradford criticisms without providing comment.

Some Vale fans hold said criticisms up of 'Vale fans being low IQ on this issue', and use daft hyperboles about '40 goals a season expectations' to lambast about 3 people, pretending it's some mass Vale fanbase problem. It's an easy slam dunk, and you watch the heart reacts roll in, which suggests that the moaners are in a minority.

Rinse and repeat. Vale fans are no better or worse than any other fanbase. Humans have different views on the same things.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Is this truly representative, though?

Or do people just love to pretend Vale fans are all big moaners?

It's a scant minority - stop making mountains.

There's a subset of users on here who pretty exclusively only post to moan about OVF. It's quite funny. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Just seen Bradford thanking “Guthrie” for his time at Bradford. Seemed a little cold?

Hope he makes it at the Vale!

I thought that! Bit clinical. 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

The moaning about moaning cycle begins again.

Football, a game of opinions, leads to a few, very sparse criticisms. 

Some Vale fans hold said criticisms up of 'Vale fans being low IQ on this issue', and use daft hyperboles about '40 goals a season expectations' to lambast about 3 people, pretending it's some mass Vale fanbase problem.

Rinse and repeat. Vale fans are no better or worse than any other fanbase.

Based on what I have seen on OVF, Facebook and Twitter, I've seen a ton of criticism already.

It happens every time we sign a striker.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Based on what I have seen on OVF, Facebook and Twitter, I've seen a ton of criticism already.

I think there's one, maybe two, posts of criticism on here. Rest is just 'wait and see' and 'Bradford says he's bad' without offering comment. Twitter seems mostly positive/neutral.

I remember people being chuffed about Cullen. 

Edited by Joe B

21 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

How have Bradford judged a player with only 13 appearances, most as sub?

Fresh start with us and I'll be fully behind him.

Same way we judged Theo and McKirdy !!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

The thing with strikers is that it isn't necessarily the striker himself that makes it work at a club, its also who they are playing with and the system. That's why they can be good at one club but not another. 

Lets hope Guthrie clicks at the Vale 

• Like 2