January transfer window

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Why? He wasn't really given a chance here, like many strikers

Just didn't strike me as any good but it's true he was hardly given any minutes on the pich. 

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

This is harsh but cant we de-register Manny?? if it allows us to get someone in we need and someone who will actually play a fair percentage of our games 

Fair point.

Can anyone remember Andy porter playing 2 or 3 games for us about 15 years ago when we were short on numbers. Just wondering if getting Billy paynter out of retirement is an option  that we could use upfront.

18 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Can anyone remember Andy porter playing 2 or 3 games for us about 15 years ago when we were short on numbers. Just wondering if getting Billy paynter out of retirement is an option  that we could use upfront.

At least 3 years since he played competitive football ?

Advert:

54 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Fair point.

It's a pretty awful thing to say, but I'd definitely consider it. He joined us in 2018 and was injured in that pre-season - which sets a bit of a pattern!. Has made 43 (according to Wiki) appearances...so, less than a full season's value out of him. Very good player when he's on the pitch...a financial handicap when he's on the treatment table. I know some fans have suggested paying him off? It might be a better long-term option for the owners, because there's no guarantee he will ever be back for any meaningful length of time? I feel really sad writing this...  

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

It's a pretty awful thing to say, but I'd definitely consider it. He joined us in 2018 and was injured in that pre-season - which sets a bit of a pattern!. Has made 43 (according to Wiki) appearances...so, less than a full season's value out of him. Very good player when he's on the pitch...a financial handicap when he's on the treatment table. I know some fans have suggested paying him off? It might be a better long-term option for the owners, because there's no guarantee he will ever be back for any meaningful length of time? I feel really sad writing this...  

Potentially the best midfield player since Brammer. Not as good as Sam Morsy has become but if he'd been fit this season we'd have got many more points, so sadly I think you are right.

• Like 2

I think Carol said they were looking to bring in a centre-half and a striker, during this window? Pope's injury, and a defence lacking confidence makes signing both of these pretty crucial!  

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Potentially the best midfield player since Brammer. Not as good as Sam Morsy has become but if he'd been fit this season we'd have got many more points...

Totally agree!

Advert:

1 minute ago, dishydave said:

As I have to much time on my hands due to being furloughed I looked at this yesterday he's played the equivalent of 6 games all season so far.

It's such a shame for player and club!

5 hours ago, philmpv said:

Why? He wasn't really given a chance here, like many strikers

He wasn't  but then its taken him 18 months to get into there side. The bit I saw of him (not a lot) he probably wasn't ready.

Still think we need two strikers. We needed on before popes injury. 

Cullen is ok but can’t stay fit. 
Rodney has done decent but still very raw. 
robinson is a cart horse. 
definitely need another two. 

33 minutes ago, JRC said:

Potentially the best midfield player since Brammer. Not as good as Sam Morsy has become but if he'd been fit this season we'd have got many more points, so sadly I think you are right.

When he cane I was really impressed capable of putting his foot in the ball and playing it out wide either to the right or left. I’ve just checked wiki(which isn’t always accurate) played 152 games in ten years, due to injury 

Advert:

42 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

UV hinting at Guthrie again.

He has a touch of the McKirdys about him but Stevenage fans loved him.

Hasnt worked out at Bradford and I know we were keen in the past.

I think that rumour died when Askey left. He was a fan but isn't here now.