January transfer window

13 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Interesting that Askey says today that the club have received enquiries about a couple of out players ahead of the transfer window. 

There might be one or two surprises in there.

One thing is for sure i will be amazed if McKirdy is still here at the end of January but lets not forget it will be upto the players at the end of the day if they are sitting on a contract.

I have said for a while though i do fully expect us to try and get Taylor back here

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

Perhaps, for once, we've got some of our ducks in a row and we'll see a bit of movement in both directions.

Usually we've become accustomed to waiting until 30th January and then selling our best players!

I would hope that we might be able to get someone like Taylor back here and at least one defender (it depends on Gibbons' fitness). If a forward arrives too then all well and good but I imagine our priorities have switched to defenders with a bit of pace.

It's a tough month and very hard to get players out of the door until the summer.

Advert:

38 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Given that Taylor’s loan at Scunthorpe doesn’t seem to have gone so well I can imagine we could be in a good position to get him back on loan. 

I will be surprised if he isn't tempted here

A lot of clubs because of the cap will have to get players out before others can come in so there is going to be plenty of business to be had if needed

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I will be surprised if he isn't tempted here

A lot of clubs because of the cap will have to get players out before others can come in so there is going to be plenty of business to be had if needed

Would love Taylor here, great partnership with Conlon

We need a goalscorer

Pope love him,but he wont last forever

• Like 1

Maybe I've imbibed too much Xmas spirit but IF we can keep everyone fit (Monty, Manny, Gibbo, etc.) and IF we could get Taylor back here plus another good defender with a bit of pace, then we are a match for every team in the League. But there are a lot of "ifs" in that statement.

Fingers crossed we can turn the corner and have a good window.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Maybe I've imbibed too much Xmas spirit but IF we can keep everyone fit (Monty, Manny, Gibbo, etc.) and IF we could get Taylor back here plus another good defender with a bit of pace, then we are a match for every team in the League. But there are a lot of "ifs" in that statement.

In that training video posted this week, Gibbo was training so can’t be far off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

On 25/12/2020 at 12:46, TheSage said:

I think we need all of the above to happen to stay up to be honest. Fingers crossed A new manager coming in soon will have a few players lined up to come straight in. something needs to happen and soon. If this continues then this bunch of players are in serious danger of not getting enough points to stay clear of the bottom 2.

Edited by sandyford_valiant

11 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I think we need all of the above to happen to stay up to be honest. Fingers crossed A new manager coming in soon will have a few players lined up to come straight in. something needs to happen and soon. If this continues then this bunch of players are in serious danger of not getting enough points to stay clear of the bottom 2.

If it hasn't been done now then he will be getting the Bradford game so i cant see a new manager coming in soon,i think it looks like she is giving Askey the window to try and turn things around

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

If it hasn't been done now then he will be getting the Bradford game so i cant see a new manager coming in soon,i think it looks like she is giving Askey the window to try and turn things around

Then she’s playing a dangerous game isn’t she. Not sure backing Askey in January is the way forward when you look at some of the players we’ve signed. We’re in a fight now to stay up never mind finish in the top 7. What happens in 4/5/6 weeks if we’re bottom 2 god help us. He will need to shift 3/4 out won’t he? Cullen to barrow and mckirdy and Robinson offloaded. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Then she’s playing a dangerous game isn’t she. Not sure backing Askey in January is the way forward when you look at some of the players we’ve signed. We’re in a fight now to stay up never mind finish in the top 7. What happens in 4/5/6 weeks if we’re bottom 2 god help us. He will need to shift 3/4 out won’t he? Cullen to barrow and mckirdy and Robinson offloaded. 

I dont know anything so i am only assuming this as surely most clubs who wanted to ditch a manager would of done it after the game yesterday and with tomorrow being a bank holiday i cant see it being announced tomorrow.

I have also heard that Barrow want Cullen and as for those saying about a Maynard Rumour isn't he injured?

• Like 1

I am told that the Maynard rumour is a load of guff and lets be honest i would find it odd if we were going after a player who clearly played us off to get more money off Mansfield in the summer,plus he is 34,do we really need more older players

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

I'd like to see the club take the centre forward position seriously either this window or next.

Agreed,IF it is under a new manager then maybe they will want 2 up top,i think Rodders is more than capable of playing in a 2 but its who the other would/could be. I know many wont agree but i cant see Popes contract being extended in the summer whoever the manager is(thats not me slating Pope either before anyone says it)