onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Your post seemed to imply ‘everyone but me’

the lad has obviously improved / shown more than he did when he was here

My post simply pointed out that everyone thought he was crap on the basis of a game and a half.  I never said anything about thinking he was good because he clearly wasn't. 

Advert

28 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

My post simply pointed out that everyone thought he was crap on the basis of a game and a half.  I never said anything about thinking he was good because he clearly wasn't. 

I thank you for now explaining your comment and giving an opinion 

We’ve signed this keeper but I doubt he will make an appearance, he’s just cover for Scott Brown. Why not stick with our academy keeper as a sub? - that’s what Crewe would’ve done.

If by chance our academy keeper gets the opportunity to play then fantastic, if it turns out he can’t handle it, then that’s when you should sign a keeper on an emergency loan / sign a free agent.

4 minutes ago, Volcano said:

We’ve signed this keeper but I doubt he will make an appearance, he’s just cover for Scott Brown. Why not stick with our academy keeper as a sub? - that’s what Crewe would’ve done.

If by chance our academy keeper gets the opportunity to play then fantastic, if it turns out he can’t handle it, then that’s when you should sign a keeper on an emergency loan / sign a free agent.

They obviously don’t think he’s up to it 

9 minutes ago, Volcano said:

Crewes sub for years has been Dave Richards he's 27 

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

It is the direction Carol wants the club to take,younger prospects in the hope to blood them in to the first team

And there is the problem with the club in a nutshell. It should be a manager’s decision who takes the club in a footballing direction. Not Carol, who knows about as much about football as the next layman with an opinion. 

If she really wants to bring in young players she should invest in the academy and spent money on a grossly inadequate scouting network. 

Smurfwaite was rightly derided for his daft cheeky punts on players nobody knew about. 

What I found deeply embarrassing is that while visiting relatives down south I went to see Arlesey Town. They have ex Arsenal youth team coach Krasimir Karachi who worked under Wenger and has a Uefa A coaching badge.

They are in the ninth tier and yet we are currently managed by a bloke without even his experience, backed up by arrogant plonker who I am told does apparently but has a worse track record. 

The club need to open their eyes, look at our sub conference management team and support staff and get it sorted. 

20 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

And there is the problem with the club in a nutshell. It should be a manager’s decision who takes the club in a footballing direction. Not Carol, who knows about as much about football as the next layman with an opinion. 

I actually believe the exact opposite. As owners they should absolutely have a vision of what kind of club we want to be. Then employ within that framework someone who can achieve it, so we don’t start from scratch every 2-3 years. 
Crewe have has the same ethos and vision for 30 years. It wasn’t a case of artell taking the club in that direction, he is required to work within it. I said it earlier, but I wished we had kept the development squad going. We only had it a year and we had two extremely successful players from it. I wonder where we would be if we had spent the last four years developing it further.

6 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I actually believe the exact opposite. As owners they should absolutely have a vision of what kind of club we want to be. Then employ within that framework someone who can achieve it, so we don’t start from scratch every 2-3 years. 
Crewe have has the same ethos and vision for 30 years. It wasn’t a case of artell taking the club in that direction, he is required to work within it. I said it earlier, but I wished we had kept the development squad going. We only had it a year and we had two extremely successful players from it. I wonder where we would be if we had spent the last four years developing it further.

Correct,Artell himself said that

1 hour ago, Volcano said:

You can't throw in a 1st year scholar into that position. Its unfair on the players development. He will get bullied at crosses and corners. At that age it will only take 1 error and it could set him back a few years.

Archived