onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

I fear for Manny’s career tbh. The latest surgery was do or die and he still can’t get a run of games. Also, contrary to what some others think, I think it takes him 4 or 5 games to get back in his stride when he does come back. I’d be very tempted with a heavy heart to let him go IF a decent centre half was available.

Advert

1 hour ago, vale victory said:

I’m sorry and I don’t really want to say it but we have to replace manny in the summer

It’s like having a mclaren in the garage but everytime you take it out of the garage it conks out , eventually you get rid for something more reliable

Alternatively, we could offer him the sort of contract that Andy Carroll is on at Newcastle - fourpence a week but a sensible wage if he plays.  Don't know if he would accept that mind but his fitness record suggests he may struggle for a club elsewhere if released.

I don't understand what is going on with Oyeleke.

I thought he had a major hamstring operation last year to sort out the problem and get him 100% fit for this year.

But aren't his injuries different ones now?

It's a crying shame but we can't go on like this and we need to grasp the nettle.

We have 3-4 lads who are prone to injury:  Amoo, Monty, Manny and Cullen.

We simply can't afford to keep all 4 and will have to think carefully about what we do in the summer. I like them all but we just don't have unlimited funds for players who are not fit. I know it isn't their fault. I know they want to play. I get that. But a club our size can't carry 4 players. I'd keep 2/4 and look elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I thought he had a major hamstring operation last year to sort out the problem and get him 100% fit for this year.

It's a crying shame but we can't go on like this and we need to grasp the nettle.

We simply can't afford to keep all 4 and will have to think carefully about what we do in the summer. I like them all but we just don't have unlimited funds for players who are not fit. I know it isn't their fault. I know they want to play. I get that. But a club our size can't carry 4 players. I'd keep 2/4 and look elsewhere.

Just Monty for me as he can slot into any position on the left and capable of getting a goal. However we must improve our recruitment, last summer was nothing short of a disaster, the only positive signing was Devante IMO. Robinson and Mckirdy both de selected and were only half way through the season. Not good

4 hours ago, vale victory said:

I’m sorry and I don’t really want to say it but we have to replace manny in the summer

It’s like having a mclaren in the garage but everytime you take it out of the garage it conks out , eventually you get rid for something more reliable

Should have gone last season. Gambled and it’s not paid off. Shame as he has ability. Not sure he is as good as some make out though don’t think any of us have seen enough of him long enough to actually judge. 

7 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I fear for Manny’s career tbh. The latest surgery was do or die and he still can’t get a run of games. Also, contrary to what some others think, I think it takes him 4 or 5 games to get back in his stride when he does come back. I’d be very tempted with a heavy heart to let him go IF a decent centre half was available.

Reading Manny's Wikipedia is really bad ,in relation to his hamstring injury history.Sadly the lad has a massive career threatening issue with it.Hopefully he can sort it out this season.

6 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Reading Manny's Wikipedia is really bad ,in relation to his hamstring injury history.Sadly the lad has a massive career threatening issue with it.Hopefully he can sort it out this season.

He has no choice because his contract is up. Been a real shame as it's blighted his Vale career 

Sadly we aren't a charity we are a League 2 club in the middle of a pandemic with little income. He has to be released, very sad but that's the reality. 

11 hours ago, TheSage said:

Again it will sound harsh but i wouldn't lose any sleep if all those 4 left in the summer

I know fans want some experienced players but i hope we can bring in a couple of athletic mobile younger players with a bit of pace now,hopefully a tall CB in the Innis kind of mould,you then hope you fall on a good one with a potential sell on value(thats what keeps a club going) like we have with Rodders and maybe Taylor which is why they get the long contracts.

I see Crawley have sold the young Doncaster cast off Watters after a few months for 1m

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I know fans want some experienced players but i hope we can bring in a couple of athletic mobile younger players with a bit of pace now,hopefully a tall CB in the Innis kind of mould,you then hope you fall on a good one with a potential sell on value(thats what keeps a club going) like we have with Rodders and maybe Taylor which is why they get the long contracts.

I see Crawley have sold the young Doncaster cast off Watters after a few months for 1m

I'd imagine a centre-half is the next priority and I'd absolutely agree with your suggestions. 

However, I wonder if with Theo and McKirdy already deregistered, we're really going to have to ship some out before adding any more? If we get a third signing in can we real afford to carry three non-playing wages? If that's the case I suspect it may mean we have to wait till towards the end of the transfer window when it all goes a bit frantic and we can move some out before adding any more *

* This guess of course now means all the Vale moves will take place at 9am on Monday and not at the end of the month

Archived