onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Vale fans. So, so negative. OVF is a cesspit of hate. Write players off before they play. Never happy. 1389402118_Screenshot2021-01-15at13_50_59.thumb.png.9f1f84dcdae8f3bbc93b7bcd15870867.png

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet.

Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optimism with this signing than with Taylor.

We now have Rodney, Taylor and Guthrie, all the same mould of player andjust what we needed 6 months ago. Need to get behind them now.

Hope there is a good option to make the deal permanent if successful for the next 3 months.

Why cant everyone leave well alone and make comments when we have seen him play for the Vale. Why cant we just get behind the lad.

As someone else said " Thanks Carol "  Think we easily forget what is going on in football this season. To do the business we have in the last few weeks is all down to our owners and we are needed more than ever to get behind the lads and support the club we all love.

Advert

Well said.

Whenever he's played at the Vale he's done well and he has all the attributes to be successful here. He's quick and strong and has often caused us untold problems in the past with his running power.

Delighted to see him here. Great work from everyone at the Vale in the current circumstances.

35 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

From mr mckirdy

71DC6EEF-E9C0-42E4-A24A-1656DD5D2DC9.jpeg

An interesting comment.

Is that him trying to downplay issues at a second club, which would spell the end of his EFL career? Or an accurate representation of the situation?

Either way, either Pope, Legge, Carol, and McKirdy have engaged in a big cover up, or some of the more wild rumours floating around were a load of rubbish.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Is this truly representative, though?

Or do people just love to pretend Vale fans are all big moaners?

It's a scant minority - stop making mountains.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that we don’t have a bunch of moaning fans on here, social media and who get on the radio who love to moan about our players? People who seem to revel in a players failure. You must be blind if you don’t see it. 

For the record I agree with you that it’s a good signing for us. We have nothing to lose and he has everything to prove in the last few months of the season. 

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that we don’t have a bunch of moaning fans on here, social media and who get on the radio who love to moan about our players? People who seem to revel in a players failure. You must be blind if you don’t see it. 

For the record I agree with you that it’s a good signing for us. We have nothing to lose and he has everything to prove in the last few months of the season. 

I think we have a few moany fans, no more or less than any other club relatively, and it's genuinely not worth devoting any energy towards as it's part and parcel of both football and life. People moaning about moaners dominates loads of threads, to the extent where's there's often more of that then there is moaning itself!

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Well said.

Whenever he's played at the Vale he's done well and he has all the attributes to be successful here. He's quick and strong and has often caused us untold problems in the past with his running power.

Delighted to see him here. Great work from everyone at the Vale in the current circumstances.

Agree. Looked a decent player when I’ve seen him. Certainly better than what we have currently. Hopefully he impresses to earn himself a longer deal 

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Based on what I have seen on OVF, Facebook and Twitter, I've seen a ton of criticism already.

It happens every time we sign a striker.

Seen barely any on here or Facebook. Infact much more posts moaning about people moaning. Good signing. Murdered us last time I saw him and thought he was exactly what we needed. Think he could thrive in this side with Worrall assisting 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

...Either way, either Pope, Legge, Carol, and McKirdy have engaged in a big cover up, or some of the more wild rumours floating around were a load of rubbish.

As far as I'm aware it wasn't that group of people that were peddling the rumours? 

13 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

As far as I'm aware it wasn't that group of people that were peddling the rumours? 

No, I mean all 4 have come and and said in various ways that there has been no issues off the field.

So, they're either all lying, or people have made daft rumours up.

49 minutes ago, Joe B said:

No, I mean all 4 have come and and said in various ways that there has been no issues off the field.

So, they're either all lying, or people have made daft rumours up.

Speaking for myself I’ve heard the issues with Mckirdey from more than one player. The fact he’s been deregistered when we know he has something to offer in this league says it all. 

37 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Speaking for myself I’ve heard the issues with Mckirdey from more than one player. The fact he’s been deregistered when we know he has something to offer in this league says it all. 

Something to offer definitely but didn't fit in to our plan A or a plan b to accommodate him. Judging the games thus far under Pugh he won't fit in with his tactics either. 

Shock horror a player signs and is unhappy not playing I the 1st team - time to move him on but it doesn't necessarily mean he was causing trouble within the squad. 

2 hours ago, MBE said:

Shock horror a player signs and is unhappy not playing I the 1st team - time to move him on but it doesn't necessarily mean he was causing trouble within the squad. 

I’d rather believe what I’ve been told from people within the club tbh. His falling out with Askey has resonated into the new managers reign too, so what went on has clearly not been forgotten and he isn’t being given another chance. 

Archived