Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

Advert

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Can see the headlines now for his unveiling: 

“Vale fans in writing-new-signing-off-before-he’s-even-kicked-a-ball-shocker”

We really are horrendous, slag our own players off who are established, slag our homegrown lads off and also our new signings. 

Vale fans are very low-IQ when it comes to striker signings.

They go straight to Wikipedia to check his scoring history, and if he hasn't scored 40 goals a season every single year since turning pro then they instantly write him off.

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Vale fans are very low-IQ when it comes to striker signings.

They go straight to Wikipedia to check his scoring history, and if he hasn't scored 40 goals a season every single year since turning pro then they instantly write him off.

I think I've seen one person on here criticise the signing?

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Can see the headlines now for his unveiling: 

“Vale fans in writing-new-signing-off-before-he’s-even-kicked-a-ball-shocker”

We really are horrendous, slag our own players off who are established, slag our homegrown lads off and also our new signings. 

Is this truly representative, though?

Or do people just love to pretend Vale fans are all big moaners?

It's a scant minority - stop making mountains.

The moaning about moaning cycle begins again.

Football, a game of opinions, leads to a few, very sparse criticisms. One or two fans, objectively, point to Bradford criticisms without providing comment.

Some Vale fans hold said criticisms up of 'Vale fans being low IQ on this issue', and use daft hyperboles about '40 goals a season expectations' to lambast about 3 people, pretending it's some mass Vale fanbase problem. It's an easy slam dunk, and you watch the heart reacts roll in, which suggests that the moaners are in a minority.

Rinse and repeat. Vale fans are no better or worse than any other fanbase. Humans have different views on the same things.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Is this truly representative, though?

Or do people just love to pretend Vale fans are all big moaners?

It's a scant minority - stop making mountains.

There's a subset of users on here who pretty exclusively only post to moan about OVF. It's quite funny. 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

The moaning about moaning cycle begins again.

Football, a game of opinions, leads to a few, very sparse criticisms. 

Some Vale fans hold said criticisms up of 'Vale fans being low IQ on this issue', and use daft hyperboles about '40 goals a season expectations' to lambast about 3 people, pretending it's some mass Vale fanbase problem.

Rinse and repeat. Vale fans are no better or worse than any other fanbase.

Based on what I have seen on OVF, Facebook and Twitter, I've seen a ton of criticism already.

It happens every time we sign a striker.

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Based on what I have seen on OVF, Facebook and Twitter, I've seen a ton of criticism already.

I think there's one, maybe two, posts of criticism on here. Rest is just 'wait and see' and 'Bradford says he's bad' without offering comment. Twitter seems mostly positive/neutral.

I remember people being chuffed about Cullen. 

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

The thing with strikers is that it isn't necessarily the striker himself that makes it work at a club, its also who they are playing with and the system. That's why they can be good at one club but not another. 

Lets hope Guthrie clicks at the Vale 

What I don't understand is if we looked at Jake Taylor's record at Scunthorpe, it wasn't good, yet he's viewed as a 'great signing' for what he did at other clubs (us).

Yet people are looking at Guthrie's Bradford record and instantly writing him off, with his record at other clubs (Stevenage/Colchester) being ignored.

We have signed players that have blossomed and equally those that have failed badly.

The deal timing seems good and he has experience st this level. I will wait and see/ hope that it turns out positive.

welcome Kurtis to the club....... now go on and prove your worth and at least put in 100%.

Just now, osprey said:

The thing with strikers is that it isn't necessarily the striker himself that makes it work at a club, its also who they are playing with and the system. That's why they can be good at one club but not another. 

Lets hope Guthrie clicks at the Vale 

Spot on. Scores a lot of headers from this video - Worrall is a creative phenomenon - Can't wait to see them hopefully link up. 

Archived