onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

21 hours ago, MBE said:

Interesting to see Luke Norris has signed for Stevenage. A player who I thought would have been just the type we needed to replace Pope playing in JA's system. Not prolific but a good mobile presence.

Stevenage have also signed Chris Lines and Matty Matty Stevens from Northampton and FGR respectively.

Advert

15 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Basically a done deal isn’t it?

Do find a bit odd that we’re signing a player with no manager. Does put into question who’s been signing players recently...

I think it is yes

Not really all carol would do is let potential managers know that he was about to join and ok with them,i doubt she would bring anyone in to the club a potential manager wouldn't want

6 hours ago, Joe B said:

Taylor signing is of no concern to me. He's a good player.

What if the new manager doesn't rate him or fit into the way he wants to play? 

No doubt he is a good player with a ceiling to player at a higher level than L2. He has energy, is a good passer of the ball and a very good finisher. Certainly an upgrade from Whitehead. What he lacks though is what we desperately need in our midfield at the moment which is physicality.  I don't think its a deal the club should be doing unless a new manager has signed off on it.

Would be a fabulous signing in JA's midfield.

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

Stevenage have also signed Chris Lines and Matty Matty Stevens from Northampton and FGR respectively.

Both lads the manger has previously played with... would expect them to pull away from the drop zone.

Both lads the manger has previously played with... would expect them to pull away from the drop zone.
This is my concern others around us are strengthening while we are entering another January managerless with Danny Pugh in charge of a transfer window. I think we can all remember how that went last time.

7 minutes ago, dishydave said:

This is my concern others around us are strengthening while we are entering another January managerless with Danny Pugh in charge of a transfer window. I think we can all remember how that went last time.

To be fair we do have a little buffer, plus there is still a long way to go in the season. You have to remember we still have a pretty good 1st eleven when everyone is back fit which is expected soon. We should be OK.

Hopefully Danny Pugh is only in charge of the 1 or 2 games max before we bring the new manager in.

11 minutes ago, MBE said:

To be fair we do have a little buffer, plus there is still a long way to go in the season. You have to remember we still have a pretty good 1st eleven when everyone is back fit which is expected soon. We should be OK.

Hopefully Danny Pugh is only in charge of the 1 or 2 games max before we bring the new manager in.

Reading CG's comments in tonights paper, maybe Pugh will be there a bit longer than a couple of games, while we wade through all the applicants.  Looks like signings are very much on the cards too.

8 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Reading CG's comments in tonights paper, maybe Pugh will be there a bit longer than a couple of games, while we wade through all the applicants.  Looks like signings are very much on the cards too.

If he does ok say 5 points from 4 games I’m afraid to say he’ll get the job probably on an 18 month contract and we’ll be in a similar position in12 months time 

28 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If he does ok say 5 points from 4 games I’m afraid to say he’ll get the job probably on an 18 month contract and we’ll be in a similar position in12 months time 

So you have no faith in Carol to go through the proper channels you think she will take the easy option and because Pugh does ok he will get an 18 month contract, I have more faith in Carol than that.

Archived