onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

Advert

13 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Interesting that Askey says today that the club have received enquiries about a couple of out players ahead of the transfer window. 

There might be one or two surprises in there.

One thing is for sure i will be amazed if McKirdy is still here at the end of January but lets not forget it will be upto the players at the end of the day if they are sitting on a contract.

I have said for a while though i do fully expect us to try and get Taylor back here

Perhaps, for once, we've got some of our ducks in a row and we'll see a bit of movement in both directions.

Usually we've become accustomed to waiting until 30th January and then selling our best players!

I would hope that we might be able to get someone like Taylor back here and at least one defender (it depends on Gibbons' fitness). If a forward arrives too then all well and good but I imagine our priorities have switched to defenders with a bit of pace.

It's a tough month and very hard to get players out of the door until the summer.

38 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Given that Taylor’s loan at Scunthorpe doesn’t seem to have gone so well I can imagine we could be in a good position to get him back on loan. 

I will be surprised if he isn't tempted here

A lot of clubs because of the cap will have to get players out before others can come in so there is going to be plenty of business to be had if needed

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I will be surprised if he isn't tempted here

A lot of clubs because of the cap will have to get players out before others can come in so there is going to be plenty of business to be had if needed

Would love Taylor here, great partnership with Conlon

We need a goalscorer

Pope love him,but he wont last forever

Maybe I've imbibed too much Xmas spirit but IF we can keep everyone fit (Monty, Manny, Gibbo, etc.) and IF we could get Taylor back here plus another good defender with a bit of pace, then we are a match for every team in the League. But there are a lot of "ifs" in that statement.

Fingers crossed we can turn the corner and have a good window.

18 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Maybe I've imbibed too much Xmas spirit but IF we can keep everyone fit (Monty, Manny, Gibbo, etc.) and IF we could get Taylor back here plus another good defender with a bit of pace, then we are a match for every team in the League. But there are a lot of "ifs" in that statement.

In that training video posted this week, Gibbo was training so can’t be far off.

On 25/12/2020 at 12:46, TheSage said:

I think we need all of the above to happen to stay up to be honest. Fingers crossed A new manager coming in soon will have a few players lined up to come straight in. something needs to happen and soon. If this continues then this bunch of players are in serious danger of not getting enough points to stay clear of the bottom 2.

11 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I think we need all of the above to happen to stay up to be honest. Fingers crossed A new manager coming in soon will have a few players lined up to come straight in. something needs to happen and soon. If this continues then this bunch of players are in serious danger of not getting enough points to stay clear of the bottom 2.

If it hasn't been done now then he will be getting the Bradford game so i cant see a new manager coming in soon,i think it looks like she is giving Askey the window to try and turn things around

Archived