onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

Advert

52 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Can we pay anywhere near a Championship / Premier League club player's wages without half our squad wanting a pay rise?

He is an under 23 player so far less, even then be prepared  for a pay drop to get games and further  his career.

On 14/12/2020 at 18:08, Boslem's Brazil said:

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you happy with recent recruitment? 

Only just seen this. I don't think recent recruitment has been too bad, to be honest - I think the squad is stronger than last year, but our inconsistency is because some of the better players last season aren't being as effective as they were. I do get sick of the same comments about "lazy scouting"..."catalogue shopping", "do we only use Sproson's players?"  etc.  We've had some good players join us, from up and down the country and a number of clubs, so it's not a valid point - it's a lazy one! It can't be easy to find the rough diamonds when Prem clubs hoover up so many youngsters?

Try and pry Jake Taylor away from Scunthorpe, he doesn't appear to be doing as well there as at vale so he might be open to a move, Sprowy should have the insight on this. Will he do as well 2nd time around, who knows but no different to any new signing, at least we know what he's capable of under JA.

He offers that extra bit of creativity, can ghost into the box and get on the end of chances and can score from outside the box, something Vale need to do more of.

There has to be a nippy striker we can get in on loan. 

Northampton got Morton on loan and he took them up. Hopefully the scouts have been at the U23 games/watching video and have a list lined up. It's not easy but can be a cost effective way of getting some goals in the team. Alex Jones was similar; a player with that natural good movement. 

Also; I wouldn't be completely against the idea of a mobile centre half, one who can play it. They're growing on trees at Category 1 clubs. We have the aggressive bruisers in Legge, Smith, and Brisley, but none of them can pass and can be outdone by a long ball. 

I'd look to ship Robinson out on loan; he's clearly not favoured. See if someone will take up half his wages for 6 months. Same for McKirdy, but I imagine most at this level won't go near him.

A final decision to make is on Clark; apparently is on big money (assume we're paying a chunk of it), has lost his place and Gibbons hoped to be back by end of January. Do we send Clark back and reinvest the money, hoping Mills can see us through January?

52 minutes ago, Joe B said:

There has to be a nippy striker we can get in on loan. 

Northampton got Morton on loan and he took them up. Hopefully the scouts have been at the U23 games/watching video and have a list lined up. It's not easy but can be a cost effective way of getting some goals in the team. Alex Jones was similar; a player with that natural good movement. 

Also; I wouldn't be completely against the idea of a mobile centre half, one who can play it. They're growing on trees at Category 1 clubs. We have the aggressive bruisers in Legge, Smith, and Brisley, but none of them can pass and can be outdone by a long ball. 

I'd look to ship Robinson out on loan; he's clearly not favoured. See if someone will take up half his wages for 6 months. Same for McKirdy, but I imagine most at this level won't go near him.

A final decision to make is on Clark; apparently is on big money (assume we're paying a chunk of it), has lost his place and Gibbons hoped to be back by end of January. Do we send Clark back and reinvest the money, hoping Mills can see us through January?

Personally i think we would like to sign Clark on a permanent deal as he is a very versatile player and he has said to people how he made a mistake last time and wishes he had come vale

I know you have to be fortunate to find one but Crawley took a chance on Max Watters a 21yr old striker released by Doncaster and he has become the 3rd top scorer in the league with 12,maybe we should also be looking at these kind of players but with some of our fans you would be on a hiding to nothing,i mean can you imagine if Askey had signed him in the summer 😮 

I know you have to be fortunate to find one but Crawley took a chance on Max Watters a 21yr old striker released by Doncaster and he has become the 3rd top scorer in the league with 12,maybe we should also be looking at these kind of players but with some of our fans you would be on a hiding to nothing,i mean can you imagine if Askey had signed him in the summer  
We can only sign 'proven league 2 quality players' don't you know. Like mckirdy and Robinson

43 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I know you have to be fortunate to find one but Crawley took a chance on Max Watters a 21yr old striker released by Doncaster and he has become the 3rd top scorer in the league with 12,maybe we should also be looking at these kind of players but with some of our fans you would be on a hiding to nothing,i mean can you imagine if Askey had signed him in the summer 😮 

It’s all well and good saying that, but just imagine the meltdown amongst our fans if we signed an unknown young lad from Doncaster in the summer. 

It’s all well and good saying that, but just imagine the meltdown amongst our fans if we signed an unknown young lad from Doncaster in the summer. 
I would say a lot of the unknown quantities were largely greeted well (I don't recall to much uproar around the signings of Rodney Mills or Fitzpatrick). It was the known quantities that raised eyebrows (McKirdy and Theo)

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

I'd say it depends on whether or not we have a target or two lined up (be it Taylor, a DM, a quick CB or a striker) and if so, do we need to free up the wages? Would argue that with Gibbo coming back and Mills already back, full-back is less of a priority than other areas since we've done just fine with Mills at RB, (P10, W6, D3, L1) so don't want to be outlaying additional budget there. Perhaps wait until mid-Jan though, to make sure Gibbo doesn't break down again as soon as he does come back, leaving us short again? Even if Clark does leave us in Jan, I would like us to make sure he knows that we're coming in for him again in the summer, at which point if we can get him, we can use him as an upgrade on Fitzpatrick (who I still think has been a steady enough addition, without being stellar).

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

We can only sign 'proven league 2 quality players' don't you know. Like mckirdy and Robinson emoji38.png

I always want us to find that chancer like it seems we have in Rodney and to some extent players like Burgess but when we dont sign NAMES then this site and others go into meltdown,my ideal thing has always been that we uncover a youth striker who comes into the team and starts banging them in like Zamora with Brighton but i am still waiting for that to happen(Paynter has been the closest i think but wasn't prolific)

Archived