onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

On 13/12/2020 at 11:14, Joe B said:

Amoo is harsh, he just gets rushed back from injury too much.

Pope doesn't deserve to be released mid-season.

Rest I can go with. 

I’m not sure how easy it will be to move players around in the current climate, however if it can be done, I would move on the following (either loan or permanent)

Robinson

Cullen

McKirdy

Crookes

Replace with the following:

One all round striker to replace Cullen/Robinson. Has to have physical attributes as well as pace, and be suited to the lone striker role (easier said than done)

Goalscoring midfielder. Again I appreciate they don’t grow on trees, but there must be someone out there who can contribute more goals than our current midfield. 

Commanding centre back that offers genuine first team competition. Given our goals conceded tally, I would like someone with experience. 

Then it may be a choice of letting Clark go back and bringing in a wide player, or push Monty up top for the rest of the season and keep Clark. 

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. 

Advert

19 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I’m not sure how easy it will be to move players around in the current climate, however if it can be done, I would move on the following (either loan or permanent)

Robinson

Cullen

McKirdy

Crookes

Replace with the following:

One all round striker to replace Cullen/Robinson. Has to have physical attributes as well as pace, and be suited to the lone striker role (easier said than done)

Goalscoring midfielder. Again I appreciate they don’t grow on trees, but there must be someone out there who can contribute more goals than our current midfield. 

Commanding centre back that offers genuine first team competition. Given our goals conceded tally, I would like someone with experience. 

Then it may be a choice of letting Clark go back and bringing in a wide player, or push Monty up top for the rest of the season and keep Clark. 

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. 

The issue we will have is shipping people out by either paying them off or someone coming in for them or sending them out on loan. Gibbo coming back into fitness is something to consider as well in regards to the fullbacks. This first few months of the season has certainly raised more questions rather than answers in regards to the squad depth. 

32 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The issue we will have is shipping people out by either paying them off or someone coming in for them or sending them out on loan. Gibbo coming back into fitness is something to consider as well in regards to the fullbacks. This first few months of the season has certainly raised more questions rather than answers in regards to the squad depth. 

So if we keep Clark and have Gibbo available (and Monty moves up top) we’d have Mills, Gibbo, Fitz and Clark as fullback options. We’d then have Monty, Amoo, Worrall and Hurst (assuming McKirdy goes) Probably only room for another wide player if Hurst goes on loan. Which could give us scope to bring in two midfielders.

However, as you say, will we be able to ship anyone out? I think given their track records, there should be teams willIng to give a chance to Robinson, Cullen and McKirdy. Maybe wages will be a stumbling block though. 

So if we keep Clark and have Gibbo available (and Monty moves up top) we’d have Mills, Gibbo, Fitz and Clark as fullback options. We’d then have Monty, Amoo, Worrall and Hurst (assuming McKirdy goes) Probably only room for another wide player if Hurst goes on loan. Which could give us scope to bring in two midfielders.
However, as you say, will we be able to ship anyone out? I think given their track records, there should be teams willIng to give a chance to Robinson, Cullen and McKirdy. Maybe wages will be a stumbling block though. 
Whilst clubs may be interested in the players with the cap they will have to shift some of their players out to make room for them in their squad.

The transfer windows made signing players become almost like a house sale chain and the squad cap does so even more.

21 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Not amoo excellent player at this level and not his fault he is constantly rushed back from injury. Can’t really disagree with the others although wouldn't release pope. 

Id add whitehead to that list though 

amoo only a good player when fully fit, as soon as he starts to sprint the owd hamsting pulls. i dont think he was "rushed" back, presumably he would have thought he had fully recovered.:lecture:

3 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Whilst clubs may be interested in the players with the cap they will have to shift some of their players out to make room for them in their squad.

The transfer windows made signing players become almost like a house sale chain and the squad cap does so even more.

Wait and see Salford and the likes, playing it like a fiddle! 

Not so sure Jake Taylor would come back (is he on a season-long loan?) as he's doing well where he is. But, I would definitely try to bring him in, in close season. Bit disappointed with a few comments on Vale's scouting prowess - it doesn't seem to matter how many different clubs we bring players in from, there's still the same, boring, old comments we've had for years!  

29 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Not so sure Jake Taylor would come back (is he on a season-long loan?) as he's doing well where he is. But, I would definitely try to bring him in, in close season. Bit disappointed with a few comments on Vale's scouting prowess - it doesn't seem to matter how many different clubs we bring players in from, there's still the same, boring, old comments we've had for years!  

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you happy with recent recruitment? 

34 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Not so sure Jake Taylor would come back (is he on a season-long loan?) as he's doing well where he is.

Not sure what makes you say that.  He has only started six league games for Scunny and they've lost the lot.  He also started in their FA Cup defeat at home to Solihull.  I suspect if the opportunity arose, he would jump at the chance to return to Vale.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Anyone who can leave the club in January should because one thing appears ominous, we won’t get relegated but we won’t be going up, so why keep paying players who won’t achieve anything for us?

Because we will be left with the poorest out of them. Why would we want someone like brown or worral to leave? 

I certainly hope Ryan Colclough doesn’t come to Vale, he’s another Miller. 
I don’t think Pope needs to drop to the level of KAFC, he’d be able to play in L2 or the National league. He won’t be going into the licensing industry even though his grandfather used to run the pub. The pub needs to re open and his parents could mentor him but I’m led to believe they have a pub in Northwood.

21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Not sure what makes you say that.  He has only started six league games for Scunny and they've lost the lot.  He also started in their FA Cup defeat at home to Solihull.  I suspect if the opportunity arose, he would jump at the chance to return to Vale.

I imagine getting a deal done with Taylor would involve keeping Phil Sproson sweet.

On a completely unrelated note, do we know for sure what the deal is with Adam Crookes? Is he injured, isolating or 'other'?

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

No matter what way you look at it. Our recruitment has been dire. ‘Different clubs’ we must sign players from the same clubs more than any other side. 

agree re Taylor although don’t think it would be too difficult for us to get him in jan 

Archived