onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

rayzer

Advert

1 minute ago, geoff1 said:

lets put the cat amongst the pigeons, bye bye cullen , pope,robinson, amoo, mckirdy,crookes! how about that? 😜:innocent06::bomb::drink:

Amoo is harsh, he just gets rushed back from injury too much.

Pope doesn't deserve to be released mid-season.

Rest I can go with. 

15 hours ago, blackdog said:

Thats an interesting theory, although the Sneyd has been shut for a while, I can see him doing something similar bit of a home bird and he did say he was fed up of the travelling to Bury every day.

hes a stokie blokie-kidsgrove for me.:keepup:

35 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

lets put the cat amongst the pigeons, bye bye cullen , pope,robinson, amoo, mckirdy,crookes! how about that? 😜:innocent06::bomb::drink:

I'd never get rid of Pope, needs respect, he may finish after this season anyway. Amoo is quality but inconsistent.

The rest I agree, sadly I thought Crookes was decent, he may still turn out to be.

Have I missed something, but - What has happened to Danny Whitehead? - disappeared off the planet

21 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Have I missed something, but - What has happened to Danny Whitehead? - disappeared off the planet

He self-isolated and then picked up an injury. 

Whitehead's had a slow start but sometimes that happens. Players don't just "move clubs" - it's often moving house, family, adjusting to new coaches, training and so on. Not only that but moving during one of the weirdest years many of us have known can't have helped either.

It took Legge and Joyce both a season to fully acclimatise (and further back I remember Doug Loft having a rubbish first season and then coming to the fore after settling) so I'm not sure it's game over for the likes of Whitehead and Robinson half a season in. 

I can understand it's frustrating and fans want every signing to begin at 100MPH but that doesn't always happen. 

17 hours ago, Santa said:

Colclough: abused a worker at a drive-through fast food place and got sacked by Scunny.

A few years back didn't he try to run away from the Police and thought he could hide up a tree? I think they tasered him down.

Burslem park 

So he's familiar with the area 😂

6 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

In all honesty I can’t really see there being much movement in or out in January.  Clubs just haven’t got the money, plus there’s the cap on salary plus squad numbers. To improve the first 11 will be very difficult.

I think it will depend where we are in the league tbh,we all know Carol wants the play offs as a minimum and if we are in or around them come January then i think funds will be available BUT one or two will have to be shipped out and thats easier said than done

8 hours ago, geoff1 said:

Not amoo excellent player at this level and not his fault he is constantly rushed back from injury. Can’t really disagree with the others although wouldn't release pope. 

Id add whitehead to that list though 

8 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Really feels like we need a director of football, someone with actual scouting knowledge and not just signing people based on them playing for the manager before/them living near to Stoke.

Yes. I've advocated for this for a while. Our recruitment is so basic, lacking any form of imagination (in stark contrast to our opponents tomorrow). We are in pole position to sweep up the discarded talent from the elite academies of the Midlands and North West, but seem stuck in a cycle of lower league journeymen.

I wrote this recently: 

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 11.01.53.png

Reading it back it's a bit vague but my point stands; we need to improve recruitment. Clubs with half our budget are wiping the floor with us when it comes to creative signings. We're still operating like we did in the mid 2000s.

Archived